• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hapag Lloyd day 3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hapag Lloyd day 3

Wednesday evening – dinner and pool party/ Thursday in RovinjGreetings from sunny Rovinj! Let’s start with dinner last night, in Tarragon which is the French restaurant on board. We dined in the private dining area which is really special. I actually cannot remember exactly what I ate but everything is delicious. I think the following is roughly accurate – deep fried oxtail with some kind of sorbet with herbs in, Cauliflower mousse with arctic char tartar, crayfish tails and caviar, a fish soup with truffles, lobster cassoulet, Chataubriand with Bearnaise Sauce, lemon tart. Every course was a culinary delight and was accompanied by perfect wines!! (Slimming World beckons next Wednesday!)Dinner was followed by the pool party, and a very lively affair it was. There was a great live band and free cocktails all evening. The guests are mainly German and if ever you thought they don’t know how to have fun, well let me tell you they sure do! We rounded off the evening in Sansibar, a lovely open bar at the rear of Deck Eight, with a nightcap or two.This morning Angie and I ordered breakfast to be served on our balcony. Oh my! It took two stewards to bring the groaning trolley through the suite. Far too much food, but we did our best. Everything was perfectly prepared and beautifully presented – freshly squeezed juice, filter coffee, fresh bread, pastries, yoghurt, preserves, pate, Prawn Cocktail – rather bizarre I thought, smoked salmon, trout, mackerel, sausage, bacon, four fried eggs, assorted cold meats and cheeses, and on it goes! We could have fed the whole of Deck Seven I think! A great way to start the day though.After our wine tasting trip about 45 minutes inland we returned to the ship and headed for Yacht Club at the rear of Deck Nine where we ate freshly grilled steak and king prawns with salad, jacket potatoes and the most wonderful selection of desserts.Thoroughly exhausted by all this eating we retired to the extremely comfortable poolside loungers to relax, along with the occasional bob in the pool. The pool area is so relaxing and peaceful, never crowded as this is one of several areas for outside relaxation – the ship has enough loungers for every passenger along with the huge day beds at the front and rear of deck ten.Waiters came around, plying use with peach sorbet and chocolate or coffee chilled smoothies during the afternoon – all most welcome of courseThis whole experience just gets better and better!*Tonight*is dinner in the sushi restaurant followed by a visit to the Jazz Club, and probably an early night as I plan to be in pole position as we sail into Venice early*tomorrow*morning.I am loving being a 6* girl!!
    Hannah's Hotline 0800 408 6084

The Queen of Blogs!
    hannahw@cruise.co.uk

Sounds pretty darned decent Hannah and I love the sound of a sushi restaurant. YUM I often order a selection for dinner on Victoria.

As for Germans having fun, we had a German couple who dined with us every night on our World cruise leg and sat adjacent to two tables with German passengers. Their English was either impeccable or good enough for us to converse without me resorting to my [extremely] poor German.
    We had a thoroughly good time with them and yes, they DO have a sense of humour!

Comment

Sounds fabulous Hannah, just what a hard working girl like you deserves, You sound to having a great time. Enjoy!

Comment

You're definately selling it to me..... it sounds just wonderful, right up my street. Now where's that lottery ticket......

Comment

It sounds like a lovely way to cruise, lets hope it hasn't spoilt you for other cruise lines.

Susan

Comment

Loving the blog Hannah and pleased to hear you're opting for the low calorie options!

The ship sounds superb, I would love to give it a try. Just one problem....I need to find a man to meet the cost. If there are any single eligible males on board, please put in a good word.

Looking forward to seeing some more pictures on your return.

Comment

Originally posted by Bradbury, Coventry View Post
              You're definately selling it to me..... it sounds just wonderful, right up my street. Now where's that lottery ticket......
              Must agree on my must do things when I win but the £2-80 my last win would not go far.
              The food sound absolutely fabulous maybe one day ....Taffy
              ​Taffy

Comment

I'm sorry to say Blondie that if I find a single eligible males on board I am having first pick!! I too need to find a rich man to finanace my future Hapag Lloyd cruises
                Originally posted by Blondie, Oxford View Post
                Loving the blog Hannah and pleased to hear you're opting for the low calorie options!

The ship sounds superb, I would love to give it a try. Just one problem....I need to find a man to meet the cost. If there are any single eligible males on board, please put in a good word.

Looking forward to seeing some more pictures on your return.

The Queen of Blogs!
                hannahw@cruise.co.uk

Comment

The ship is in a league of its own, no detail has been over looked. Service does err on the Germanic, they are quite relaxed and friendly, not so formal maybe as staff on other 6* Luxury ships. A member of our group who only ever does luxury thinks the English market might have a problem with this but personally I find all the staff quite charming. p.s. as I am currently out of the country, could you please get me a couple of Lotto tickets for tomorrow nights draw, then I might be able to accompany you when you try her out!!
                  Originally posted by Bradbury, Coventry View Post
                  You're definitely selling it to me..... it sounds just wonderful, right up my street. Now where's that lottery ticket......

The Queen of Blogs!
                  hannahw@cruise.co.uk

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                  best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                  agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                  X