• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hapag- Lloyd Day 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hapag- Lloyd Day 2

Day 2 on Hapag Lloyd – so far
    I am finding it quite frustrating writing these updates without photos as I have so much to share with you. However, I think it would take too long to upload the pics so I can only promise that you will all get to see them on my return – along with short films (if my film footage is up to scratch!).
    Breakfast on top deck this morning was truly wonderful – there was everything you could want and more and all prepared to the very highest standard. I chose an omelette, something I do on every ship – a sort of benchmark if you like, anyway it was superb. The selection of home made breads and pastries was mind boggling - how to choose! A lovely touch along side the jams and preserves is a honeycomb that you can just scrape the fresh honey off.
    We spent the entire morning doing a tour of the ship, starting with the bridge where we met the Captain. This was fascinating as he explained all the technology that Hapag Lloyd is using on this their newest ship.
    We looked around various suites – the Owners Suite is out of this world!! All the suites have a very neutral colour scheme and have a Scandinavian feel about them – very calming and tranquil, without being boring or bland. Again, attention to detail is amazing.
    We visited the Spa, again, the thought that has gone into this area is unsurpassed. A quirky feature is the modern day version of the plunge pool when you leave the sauna – an ice wall to cool yourself on!
    We toured the library, the Jazz Club which I hope to visit later, the theatre, and the kids clubs and the pool area. Going back to what I mentioned yesterday about the teak decking and pillars around the pool, the bar stools (pics next week) are made of solid lumps of wood – teak I think.
    Chatting as we walked around the ship, one of our party hit the nail on the head when he said “the quality speaks so loudly that it doesn’t need to shout. If you look after the small detail then the big things take care of themselves”, and this statement really does sum up the Europa 2 for me. It is quality, quality, quality, and massive attention to detail. Hapag Lloyd have got this ship so right and their quiet confidence about their product tells me that they know it!
    As a footnote – lunch after the tour, in Elements the Asian Restaurant, was sublime! Menus to follow next week.
    Dinner tonight is in the French Restaurant, Restaurant Tarragon – I will report back later…………
    Hannah's Hotline 0800 408 6084

The Queen of Blogs!
    hannahw@cruise.co.uk

I'm glad Europa is living up to her reputation Hannah. I knew I should have carried your bags! Have a great time. Judith

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
    best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
    agree to our cookie policy

Working...
    X