• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Books available onboard Crystal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Books available onboard Crystal

Crystal Cruises well-stocked Library holds over 2,000 books covering a wide choice of subject ranging from classics to popular biographies, history to contemporary mysteries.

There is also an entertaining selection, which contains over 1,000 DVD movie title and board which can be borrowed for a small charge.

Here is a list of all the books and dvds that you will find onboard:

http://www.cruise.co.uk/images/Cruis...oks_only_0.pdf

http://www.cruise.co.uk/images/Cruis...nventory_0.pdf

Do you ever use a library onboard the cruise ship? With the popular kindles being on the scene now, does this mean paperback books will fade away? What is your favourite book when cruising?
    Last edited by Jimmy the One & Only; 9th August 2012, 09:10 AM.
    Jimmy the One & Only
    Cruises.co.uk Community Manager

I always use the Library on board - it reduces the amount of books I carry with me. I esp like the book exchange of the library.

Kindles are ok but don't replace a book - ok I am a dinosaur.

Annie

PS Crystal charge for borrowing DVDs?? When I sailed HAL - they were free
    Last edited by annie, Glasgow; 8th August 2012, 11:20 AM.

Comment

A 'decent' library requirement is a must for me.

Having [reluctantly] acquired a Kindle, I can take any reading material with me with no luggage problems but, whilst I actually think the Kindle is a wonderful device, I prefer 'proper' books where possible. So saying, if the ship is on a noro 'lockdown', the library could be closed so I will always take it with me, as an insurance.

I usually have at least two books on the go. Some light and frothy chick lit which can be read in two hours or a Patterson/ Baldacci/Gerritsen etc and something I wouldn't have time to read in it's entirety in a short space of time, like a Rutherfurd or Michener.

I don't recall there being a charge for DVDs either, not that we've ever bothered with them.
      Last edited by Mrs M; 8th August 2012, 12:12 PM.

Comment

I'm going to get a Kindle before my next trip. I finished the books I had with me on 2 cruises. There was a good choice of books in the Brilliance library but very little on the Voyager library.
        2018-
        Queen Victoria - Mediterranean Explorer

2019 -
        NCL Getaway - Norway and Iceland
        Adventure of the Seas - Fall Foliage

2020 -
        Jewel of the Seas - Abu Dhabi & Dubai
        Magellan - Panama Canal

Comment

Originally posted by Yogini, Waterlooville View Post
          I'm going to get a Kindle before my next trip. I finished the books I had with me on 2 cruises. There was a good choice of books in the Brilliance library but very little on the Voyager library.
          If you have an I-pod, you can download books on to that too. That is what I use - music, videos and books (incl audio) - all on the one device which I can place in a trouser or skirt pocket.

Annie

Comment

I didn't want one at all see
            http://www.cruises.co.uk/770-technol...y_useful.html]
            but it's brilliant...in its place.

Amazon have an offer on at the moment. Be referred by a friend with a Kindle and get £10 off yours when you buy one.

I'm also going to buy a Kobo so I can e borrow books from the library here at home.

Comment

I have an iPhone, but wouldn't want to read a book on it!
              2018-
              Queen Victoria - Mediterranean Explorer

2019 -
              NCL Getaway - Norway and Iceland
              Adventure of the Seas - Fall Foliage

2020 -
              Jewel of the Seas - Abu Dhabi & Dubai
              Magellan - Panama Canal

Comment

I have an iPhone, but wouldn't want to read a book on it!
                On my last trip, someone said the exact same thing

For books on my IPod - I turn it horizontally. For now it works.

I also HATE collecting gadgets - IPod for email, books,music is enough for me.

Annie

Comment

I take my Kindle with me and have loads of downloaded books on it.The library on the ships we have been on ( mainly Celebrity )have been quite extensive with modern mystery to autobiographies. I cannot remember seeing any dvd's but the film library available on the tv in the stateroom has about 20 - 30 films on it for you to watch some of the latest do carry a small charge but most are free .

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                  best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                  agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                  X