• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BRADBURY ON AZAMARA 14 - Day 11 DISEMBARKATION

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BRADBURY ON AZAMARA 14 - Day 11 DISEMBARKATION

Sadly our last morning looms and its time to leave and say good bye to Azamara Quest. There is no room service breakfast this morning, so opt for breakfast in the MDR as we thought we would avoid the last morning melee in the buffet area. It was very quiet with few opting for wait service. So we enjoyed a leisurely breakfast before returning to our cabin to gather up the last of our belongings. We are part of a group transfer to Rome Fumicino Airport so I am interested to see how this works as we usually make our own arrangements.

Two nights before the end of the cruise we were sent green numbered luggage tags. We have no ticket for the transfer and went to ask at reception what the procedure was. Talking of Reception, one thing I must tell you is about the staff on board this ship, how very genuine they are and they really do welcome you and really do want to help. I always say there are two types of reception staff; those that have been specially trained for Doctors surgeries – you know the type you cant get past them and they make things as awkward as possible (rules is rules), then there are the other sort who are extremely pleasant, smile and say the right thing when you know damn well they will not do anything at all about your request or complaint. Azamara has the exception to these two breeds, an efficient, friendly, can do, will do attitude. You can tell when someone loves their job and I truly believe that they specially pick a certain type of people to work on these ships.

So in a timely way in line with our No 6 Green call for 8am, an announcement is made at around 10 to 8 that those with green no 6 may now disembark the ship. We are off in a jiffy, no crowd, no queue and into the embarkation hall where luggage has been placed accordingly to our numbers. We collect the bags and head off outside to find a line of coaches. Ours waiting with simply Green No. 6 displayed in the window. The luggage is loaded up and we are on the coach. No lady with clipboard to report to, no ticket to hand over, no head count, just so very easy and well managed. So I did wonder, well how do they know they have everyone on board the coach. My question was answered when a call was made can those in cabin xxxx make themselves known please, for it turned out there was a piece of luggage still in the hall at station no 6 which meant someone must be missing.

A guide accompanied us, told us a little about the port of Civitavecchia and passed along a form for us to complete with our name and flight number. That information gathered he then contacted his colleagues and found out which terminal we all needed and we did not need to worry about anything. When we got to the Airport Terminal another representative greeted us and called out information directing us to the correct check in desk for our various flights for we were all traveling to many different parts of the world. There were a good mix of passengers on board. A lot of Canadians and Australians, a few Mexicans and Hispanic, a good splattering of Brits and other multi nationals.

Rome airport is not the greatest airport to hang around in, with very few seating areas, but we only had a couple of hours to kill, so whiled away a bit of time reading. In no time we were back home to the dreaded rain. Everywhere is so wet. Back to reality.

I must take this opportunity to thank you all for the lovely comments on my blog, (I have only skimmed over them as time was precious, but now back home I will take some time out to read them and digest them). I have had great pleasure in writing it. I had no preconceived idea how and what I was going to write but just went with the flow. It is time consuming though and although I am a fast touch typist it did take up quite considerable chunks of time. Thanks to OH for being so understanding, not wanting to leave me alone, was happy sitting on the balcony or watching TV (or taking a nap)! whilst I was blogging away. It will act as a lovely diary of my cruise and we have never taken so many photographs, so will have lots of memories to look back on.

Most of all thanks to Cruise Dot for giving me this wonderful opportunity and to my hosts Azamara Cruises for letting me try a line I might never have experienced. A special thank you to the Hotel Director Philip who looked after us and was quick to act on making sure we had everything we needed. Also huge thank you to JoJo in E-Connections who gave us excellent service.

Tomorrow I will post a summary and let you know what I really think about Azamara. Watch this space…………….

And lookout for the photos too over the weekend.

Looking forward to the photos Bradbury. Safe journey back.

Comment

Thank you to you too, I think we've all thoroughly enjoyed our daily read, I look forward to seeing the pictures........................Carol

Comment

I shall miss your daily blog. It has been really interesting. Look forward to the photos.

Comment

Oh yes, Bradbury. I am definitely looking forward to seeing your photos. Thank you for all the information. I've really enjoyed reading your blogs.

Comment

Its been great! lots of information and interesting facts and a real insight into the ship..Carol

Comment

Your Blog was a great hit = we now have the summary and review to look forward to. And , of course, the photos.

Comment

Welcome back, thank you for the in depth insight to the ship, the places you visited and the smiles along the way, your efforts are much appreciated!

Comment

Welcome Home Bradbury.

Like everyone else I have so enjoyed your blog and am really looking forward to your photo's of my beloved Quest.

Comment

Thoroughly enjoyed all your blogs and look forward to seeing some photo's.

Susan

Comment

hope you have a safe journey home. looking forward to the photos.
                      don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Welcome back and thank you......looking forward to the photos

Comment

Really enjoyed the blog and look forward to seeing pix when you have time to upload them. Glad you had such a good time.
                          Liz
                          x

Comment

It's been great to hear all about your cruise and experiences with Azamara.
                            I can't wait to go on Journey later this year......you have renewed my excitement..
                            sigpic
                            Tiggertom
                            shaken, not purred

Comment

I think that you were an excellent choice for this trip, your blog was clear, fair and funny. I will miss reading it but have appreciated the time and effort that you have put in. In 6 week's time I'll be able to appreciate all of Quest's pros and her few cons! Thanks again. Brigit

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X