• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BRADBURY ON AZAMARA 10 - Day 13 SORRENTO

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BRADBURY ON AZAMARA 10 - Day 13 SORRENTO

Breakfast on the balcony, once again my European breakfast came minus the berries. Breakfast delivery is followed by a phone call to ask if you have received your breakfast and if there is anything else you need. A nice touch and we did request some extra hot chocolate sachets yesterday but as I had nearly finished my breakfast did not bother asking why the berries had not been delivered again.

Decided for a lazy day with no real plans to go ashore again. We had a nice hour sunbathing on deck, a dip in the pool, a dip in the whirlpool. We had nearly the whole area to ourselves as the ship was so quiet. I also realised how nice it is to be around the pool with no music blaring through the speakers. Very occasionally they have had pool music played by a trio or duo but in the main the pool area remains a quiet relaxing area. I thought then I might go back to the spa area and try out the thalassotherapy pool. There was no-one there at all and we had the whole section of the spa deck and pool to ourselves. The jets in here are quite different to the whirlpools with plenty of energy pounding around your body. As I walked back through the changing room I also spotted a steam room which I had not noticed before.

We rested again and decided we would go ashore to eat. I had spotted a place I thought might be good yesterday. We were the only ones on the tender to shore. I have to say throughout the cruise, we have never had to wait for a tender to either take us out or return. There has always been a warm welcome by the security staff and those staffing the refreshment and cold towel stations, often greeting us by our first names. The local bus was in but the driver said it would be 15 mins before he was ready to go so we decided to walk up the windy road and the steps up into town. It was a struggle in the heat. We headed straight for the Taverna with the secret garden. It proved to be a good choice and we enjoyed a selection of brushetta, pasta bolognese, beer and a lovely large glass of red wine for just over 30 euros. It was a lovely setting off the main pedestrianised shopping road, towards the end and up some steps to a roof terrace, lush with greenery. They had it set for a Wedding that evening too.

I decided we should head back to the ship, taking coffee in the Mosaic cafe for we had not tried the cakes in here. I had a couple of small pastries with very cute spoons and OH had a piece of the biggest cake I think I have ever seen. Both the Coffee and the Cake were good. (Double shot of coffee in the latte worked this time). Sadly now the packing looms, a job that no-one looks forward to but has to be done.

Most of the packing sorted - once again we have an enjoyable time seated with others for our evening meal in the MDR. Never once have we had to wait, but then we have always been amenable to sharing if no tables for two are available. There has been the odd night where we didnt feel much like chatting and managed to get a table on our own. All the wait staff have been extremely pleasant and address you by your name. The meal in here tonight was one of the better ones we have had and we had some great dinner companions too.

The Captain gave a farewell speech most of which we missed as we were still at dinner and just caught the tail end of it. All members of crew were represented and on stage for the recognition of the work that they do. This was followed by a variety showtime. We did not stay and went in search of something else to do. This is one of the problems with a ship this size, you cannot amble from place to place, bar to bar and find something different if the entertainment for the evening is not your style. There was no-one at all in the Lookout Lounge, so we went back to the cabin for a rest and to lock and put the cases outside, then decided to give it one last shot and we were back out at 11pm in search of the Disco. There were the usual late night faces up there. Just a small handful of people who like us like to be up late partying, but this time no-one was dancing as thoughts were with getting up the next day for the journey home.
    Last edited by Bradbury, Coventry; 29th August 2012, 04:28 PM.

I feel sad for you but it seems to have been a lovely trip and we have your photos to look forward to. You have done a brilliant job with your daily blogs and have developed a regular following. Have a good trip home. Thanks for the insight into Azamara. HT

Comment

You have done the forum proud with your super blogs ... A well deserved winner of that cruise.

What memories you will take home. Thank you
      sigpic*Carol M*

Comment

I'm sad the voyage is over too. It's definately reinforced my intention of trying Azamara some day soon.
        Cruising my way through life!

Sue

Comment

Enjoyed reading your daily update looking forward to your photos.
          Haggis

Comment

I have also thoroughly enjoyed your updates. Have a safe journey home.

Comment

Have really enjoyed all of 'Bradburys Tales' a true insight into Azamara thank you.

Safe journey home
              sigpic
              Wen

Comment

Wow ! that has gone quick. Time flies when you are having fun!
                Thanks for the all the posts and insights. Have a safe onward journey.

Comment

I can't believe that's two weeks already I was really enjoying my-self. Thank you for all the posts its been very informative.
                  Have a safe journey home and we'll here from you soon.............................................. ....Carol

Comment

I am really going to miss your blogs, what a shame it had to end so soon. I hope you have a safe journey home.

Susan

Comment

have a safe journey home. looking forward to the photos.
                      don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Thank you for all the time and effect you have put into the daily blogs, I have enjoyed them all and felt we were there with you. Have a safe journey home

Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your experinces with us, you have provided great insights as to what Azamara has to offer. One day hope to enjoy too.
                          Lancashire Cunarder

Comment

Well done Bradbury, every 'episode' a great read, you did us proud.

Safe journey home.
                            Lizzie sigpic

Comment

The last night already......it's gone so quickly! I've enjoyed your daily blog & appreciate the time & effort taken. Well done Bradbury & have a safe journey home

Tarkah

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X