• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Azamara Pursuit Visit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Delboy, Essex View Post
    John

You cannot post photos direct from your computer to the forum, you have to post via a photo sharing site, Haworth was using Photobucket in order to post his photos, I use Flik'r.
    Thanks Delboy.

I have opened a Flickr account and managed to upload some photos but have not been able to get them into a post. A little more help please.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnR, Chippenham View Post
      Thanks Delboy.

I have opened a Flickr account and managed to upload some photos but have not been able to get them into a post. A little more help please.

John,

Click on the photo you wish to post

Bottom right is a bent arrow.........click on that.

A URL address will appear.

Make picture size 800 x 600

Highlight it and copy & paste to your post.
      Wilba

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy, Essex View Post
        I also did the Inaugural Ships Visit curtesy of CD when the ship was called Adonia part of the P&O fleet, did not appeal to me then and looking at the photos (great photos) still still does not appeal, also for us prices way above what we would be prepared to pay
        I have loads of photos from that lunch Delboy and looking over them, I can't see anything about the ship which appealed whatsoever. Maybe Azamara have tweaked the decor/ replaced sunbeds etc but the structure will [I imagine] still be the same. I described the ship as ''claustrophobic and pokey'' when asked by some folk after my return.
        No thank you.

Comment

I've just checked the date and Adonia joined the P and O fleet in 2011. It was on the CD ship visit that I met many of the other forum members for the first time, although I know some had met previously on a ship christening. Hard to believe it was 7 years ago now.
          Cruising my way through life!

Sue

Comment

Originally posted by History Addict, Alfreton View Post
            I've just checked the date and Adonia joined the P and O fleet in 2011. It was on the CD ship visit that I met many of the other forum members for the first time, although I know some had met previously on a ship christening. Hard to believe it was 7 years ago now.
            A remember the inaugural Adonia ships visit, the name badges made by Neil pinned on with the CD forums official name badge. Think that was the first time we wore ours.

Also the red carpet entrance.

Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

Sounds like you had a nice day out. Thanks for sharing your experience of a cruise line we would like to try one day.

Nothing like a ship visit to pacify the urge in between cruises. We have done 7 to date but seem to be having a bit of a break at the moment as the last one was 2 years ago.
              www.wansbroughs-cruise-blog.me.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Wilba View Post
                John,

Click on the photo you wish to post

Bottom right is a bent arrow.........click on that.

A URL address will appear.

Make picture size 800 x 600

Highlight it and copy & paste to your post.
                Thanks to Delboy and Wilba I am now able to include images in a post, albeit a rather tortuous process.

Please see below images of Adonia taken on a Norway cruise in 2013.

It will be very interesting to see if the new owners remove much of the heavy panelling, mouldings, beautiful wrought iron work and traditional fittings to create a "modern" look or keep the traditional look and give her a quick paint job with new carpets and chair coverings.

Deck

Anderson's Bar

Library

Landing

Stairs

Inside Cabin

Main Dining Room
                Last edited by JohnR, Chippenham; 3rd August 2018, 01:31 PM.

Comment

One thing I do remember from the Adonia ship visit all those years ago was the cabin doors. They seemed to be made of a cheap plastic and had lots of dints in them. I remember thinking how poor an impression it gave of the ship.
                  Cruising my way through life!

Sue

Comment

Originally posted by History Addict, Alfreton View Post
                    One thing I do remember from the Adonia ship visit all those years ago was the cabin doors. They seemed to be made of a cheap plastic and had lots of dints in them. I remember thinking how poor an impression it gave of the ship.
                    I would be very surprised if they were made of plastic which may well distort or ignite in a fire situation.

I also have seen cabin doors on cruise ships where trolleys or baggage has dented them. I suspect they have a frame clad with aluminium on both sides with a fire retardant core of some sort. They will be designed to be as light as possible commensurate with dimensional stability.

Adonia was the 8th and last of the R Class ships built originally for Renaissance Cruises in 2001. I imagine all ships in the class had similar floors, walls, doors, ceilings etc., albeit with perhaps different "trim". In her time she was owned/operated by Renaissance Cruises, Swan Hellenic Cruises, Princess Cruises, P&O Cruises and now Azamara Cruises.

Comment

Thanks for the review John.Like many I'd try her or the other Azamara if the price was right or I won the lottery (I'm still dreaming!)

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                      best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                      agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                      X