• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Azamara Pursuit Visit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Azamara Pursuit Visit

Today is the first day of the maiden voyage of Azamara Pursuit, the 3rd ship in the family, she was originally R8 when built for Renaissance cruises, since then the ship has sailed as Minerva 11, Royal Princess and latterly Adonia.

She was sold by Carnival/P&O to Azamara last year and joined Azamara in March and following an extensive re fit in Belfast enters service today.

We were lucky to be invited to visit and tour the ship yesterday, and the refit has created a modern looking new addition to the Azamara fleet, below is an example of that look in the library, lots of grey and contrasting red fabrics in other areas such as the living room

The pool area has been totally refurbished, new loungers and mattresses (still to come) but it looks very comfortable, with a pool bar and further outside seating.

All the dining areas have been updated and look bright and airy

And a sample of the menu from Prime C, one of the speciality restaurants.

We were able to tour a variety of cabins and suites, as you would expect the high-end suites look very nice but at a price, the inside, ocean view and balcony cabins would suit the majority, well laid out, bight and airy but with small bathrooms and shower curtains.

Finally, lunch was served in the other specialty restaurant, a four course affair with wine and soft drinks including:

Beef carpaccio or crab cakes
    Soup or salad
    Fillet steak, baked aubergine or prawn risotto
    Chocolate cake or lemon and pistachio

It was excellent.

Would we cruise on this ship, yes but as ever with the caveat of itinerary and price being appropriate?

Hopefully the new addition will help spread people out a a bit and leave some rooms for deals

Comment

Looks lovely, Price wise i would consider if its not TOO expensive. We shall wait and see. Jan.

Comment

We have an opportunity to take up an offer on a future cruise before Friday, price is key as we have no issues with quality.

John

Comment

I wish I was onboard, I love sailing with Azamara.

Comment

Looks a big change from Adonia, quality wise...........Wilba
            Wilba

Comment

She would suit me very well, but as others have said, price is key.

Comment

I went on a ship visit when she was Adonia and really fancied cruising on her at the time. I still have never cruised on an R class ship but have been promising myself for years that I will try Azamara. Hopefully with more ships there will be more choice and I may finally get to try them.
                Cruising my way through life!

Sue

Comment

I would love to sail with Azamara again, its a totally different cruise experience. A bit like days of old but I really loved it, very chilled laid back enjoyable cruising experience, old style entertainment and dancing, daytime quizzes, all the staff know you by name.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilba View Post
                    They didn't have to do much to improve it!

Love Azamara, problem is they have hiked their prices up to make it a quandary. They are now in the Oceania bracket which makes the itinerary more of a decider. .......Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Wilba View Post
                      Hi Wilba, I am not sure you can say that from the photos.

From comparison with photos I took on her in 2013 apart from new carpets, and recovered chairs and a paint job she looks remarkably similar. There was a lot of dark panelling on Adonia in cabins and public rooms and the panelling in the library now looks a couple of shades darker. Probably the same elsewhere.

Adonia was a lovely ship although fares were usually higher than the P&O bigger ships.

Try as I might I just cannot insert photos from my computer. I click on the Insert Image button. Up come a new window, I Chose an image file, click on Upload Files and get a message telling me the dimension limits for this type of files are 700 x 0 and my image is 800 x 640.

I have made an image smaller and now it will upload but goodness knows where it goes but it doesn't go to my reply.

Help

Comment

Hi John
                        Thanks for taking the time and effort to post your review of the Azamara visit.
                        Not for us as the prices are beyond what I would like to pay for a cruise.
                        Great photos btw.
                        Regards
                        Garfield

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield, Waterlooville View Post
                          Hi John
                          Thanks for taking the time and effort to post your review of the Azamara visit.
                          Not for us as the prices are beyond what I would like to pay for a cruise.
                          Great photos btw.
                          Regards
                          Garfield
                          Right now we are finding most prices are beyond what we want to pay for any cruise, we are looking to go back to land based as even the last minute deals seem expensive.

John

Comment

Originally posted by JohnR, Chippenham View Post
                            Hi Wilba, I am not sure you can say that from the photos.

From comparison with photos I took on her in 2013 apart from new carpets, and recovered chairs and a paint job she looks remarkably similar. There was a lot of dark panelling on Adonia in cabins and public rooms and the panelling in the library now looks a couple of shades darker. Probably the same elsewhere.

Adonia was a lovely ship although fares were usually higher than the P&O bigger ships.

Try as I might I just cannot insert photods from my computer. I click on the Insert Image button. Up come a new window, I Chose an image file, click on Upload Files and get a message telling me the dimension limits for this type of files are 700 x 0 and my image is 800 x 640.

I have made an image smaller and now it will upload but goodness knows where it goes but it doesn't go to my reply.

Help
                            John

You cannot post photos direct from your computer to the forum, you have to post via a photo sharing site, Haworth was using Photobucket in order to post his photos, I use Flik'r.
                            Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

I also did the Inaugural Ships Visit curtesy of CD when the ship was called Adonia part of the P&O fleet, did not appeal to me then and looking at the photos (great photos) still still does not appeal, also for us prices way above what we would be prepared to pay
                              Last edited by Delboy, Essex; 1st August 2018, 05:22 PM.
                              Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X