• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1st timer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st timer

Hi everybody,
    Just saying hello for the first time. Have cruised 10-12 times on various cruise lines. I usually do a review elsewhere on the site to ensure the latest Berlitz guide. Considering just a short cruise to Belgium and Holland on Victoria in August as we like sailing from GB and we can only spare a week, so running out of cruises to try.Someone asked me the other day if there was a cruiseline that does all-inclusive trips in the Caribbean.

Jo.

Comment

Hi SandyShaw - Welcome aboard!

Last month celebrity offered 'kind of' all in drinks packages, that is you could choose from a Beer, Liqour, bottled water packages. BUT they are priced per night and applicable for the whole cruise and there is a wine tasting backage but no 'free flow' wine package

Full details here:
      http://www.celebritycruises.com/beverage/packages/summary.do?categoryId=18&pagename=beverage_package s
      sigpic
      Twitter: @cruisegrant l Blog: cruisegrant.wordpress.com l
      Next cruises: Celebrity Eclipse (May 2015)
      Past 6 years: Independence of the Seas (x3), Queen Mary 2 (x7), Celebrity Eclipse (x2), NCL Norwegian Jade, P&O Aurora (2), NCL Getaway
      Ship Visits: MSC Opera, HAL Ryndam, Royal Princess, MSC Magnifica

Comment

Yes,Jo,I do a bit of singing but only go barefoot on the beach!Thanks for your answer but I can't think what TA's are.I've just picked up brochures for Azamara and Regent cruiselines but they may be out of my price bracket.

Comment

A TA is a Travel Agent.
          Brian

Comment

TA's = Travel Agents

Comment

Hi Sanday Shaw, Ingle & Brandbury ,would love to hear from you all and your travels as we are County Neighbours! We are going on the MSC Opera from Dover to Black sea. Have your been on board any of MSC's cruises? hope to hear from you:-)
              Every Journey an Adventure!

Comment

Msc Opera

Hi Centaur (the first),
                Yes, we have been on the Opera. We did a fly-cruise from Venice to Dubrovnik and Istanbul among other places,we really enjoyed the ship,it was fairly new at the time,lovely decor,great food,couldn't fault it.On Friday we are going on Queen Victoria's short cruise to Amsterdam,Bruges and Le Havre.My TA,(I can say TA now I know what it means),says the QV is her favourite ship so we are looking forward to it.We booked an inside cabin but have received an upgrade to an outside so that's a good start. Must go for my singing lesson,will review the cruise when we return.

Comment

MSC Opera

Hi Sandyshaw
                  nice to hear from you and glad to hear the The Opera lived up to your expectations as some of the reviews have been horrible! so I will have to see for ourselves and hopefully it will be just what we want. So far all the preparations are going well except that we are only allowed 20kg's baggage allowance and I think that is a bit mean especially as it is a schedule flight, I mean, where am I going to put my shoes! but I am a genius at packing so hopefully it will not be a problem. I have been reading lots of reviews about the shore excusions etc. I am also hoping to meet & greet other 'Cruisers'. I hope very much that you have a lovely cruise onboard the QV and lucky for you, you got an upgrade! bye for now CTF
                  Every Journey an Adventure!

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                  best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                  agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                  X