• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings - nice to be onboard!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings - nice to be onboard!

Hello everyone!
    I'm new to the forum and also to Cruise travelling. I've never been on a Cruise before. I would love to add a Cruise holiday to my list of adventures. Do you remember your first Cruise? Where did you go and how long? Whats the best Cruise you've ever been on and what type of Cruise do you recommend a first timer to try?
    Looking forward to reading your tips and stories....
    KC

Hi Karen, welcome. Our first cruise was to Iceland and Norway on a small ship called Ocean Majesty. Despite being seasick crossing the Norwegian Sea in a force 10, I had the cruise bug. We sailed on Ocean Majesty for many years until Page & Moy were taken over by Travelsphere and ceased charters. We sailed once with CMV but did not like them, although the itinerary was great. We booked a Panama Canal cruise on Regent Navigator for our 40th anniversary as I'd had a cancer scare and we thought we would not make it to our Golden Wedding. we loved Regent. At the Cruise Show in Birmingham we spoke to the guys on the Seabourn stand and they had a really good deal for an Atlantic crossing leaving in four weeks. We booked it and have never looked back. It's quite an expensive addiction.

We prefer small ships to the rather anonymous mega ships, but others prefer he extra facilities on the big ships. Good luck with your choice. Judith

Comment

Hi Karen and welcome to the forum. Our first cruise was a 7 night Med cruise out of Venice. When we saw the ship for the first time we were bursting with excitement and couldn't wait to get onboard to explore. We had seen loads of pictures online but the reality was so much better. My first ever sailaway was just magical and still one of the most memorable moments we have had at sea - sipping a glass of white wine on our balcony as we sailed past St Marks Square with the whole of Venice in front of us. A terrific viewpoint from high up on a ship. We will shortly be sailing out of Venice again - only the second time we have ever done it, the first having been 11 years ago now. I'm feeling that excitement yet again.
      Cruising my way through life!

Sue

Comment

Hi welcome to the forum. Our first cruise was Royal Caribbean Independance of the seas to the Canaries for 11 nights. It was supposed to tick a box; been on a cruise. Well that's what my hubby thought lol. We were hooked!
        Weve had some really good threads the last couple of weeks about favourite cruise moments etc, if you scroll through the threads you'll find some fab advice and information.

Comment

Hi Karen, Welcome

My first cruise was on Arcadia to the Baltic, this got me hooked. It's just such a relaxing fantastic way to holiday. My favourite was on Azura to the Caribbean, amazing........................................... .................................................. ...........Carol

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
          best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
          agree to our cookie policy

Working...
          X