• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello to everyone!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello to everyone!

Having 'lurked' in the background for ages I thought I would take the plunge and join the forum. We have only cruised 3 times to date- all on the Island Star, mainly because it fitted in with october half-term holidays and was the most affordable with 4 children in tow! Now the eldest offspring are leaving the nest we would like to cruise again and wonder if any of you experienced cruise addicts could recommned a 'next step upwards' cruiseline, bearing in mind we like to fly/cruise and prefer a casual style of ship?
    Many thanks in advance for any help/advice!

PS If this posts twice please excuse me as not quite used to doing this!!

Hello & welcome to the site, If you like no frills fly cruises then Thomson cruise line fits the bill nothing to fancy but it has a lot of followers! or NCL a bit more upmarket with newer ships, or you could go back to the Island star it is now owned by Pullmantur & sails under the name of pullmantur horizon & sails out of Barcelona.
    ]

Comment

Hi, Scrabble- welcome!
      We've flown from Donny airport to the Red Sea- Sharm- for a Thomson's cruise, and it was an excellent week....we had a week first in a hotel, which was also very good.
      Thomson doesn't have up to date ships, but the crew and entertainment are good.
      From your airport, there's also one or two trips a year with Princess and P&O to the Caribbean- they have new, large ships.It's an easy airport to visit- I feel my holiday starts when I arrive there.....
      Jo.
      Jo.

Comment

Hello............

Comment

Hello and welcome....I'm new here to and like you I watched for a while before joining....I read the boards every day and have picked up some really good advice

Comment

Hi Tango
            pullmantur may fit your bill, as children up to the age of 16 only pay Port Taxes and the cruises are all inclusive, It is true that the Island Star is back to its original name of the Horizon and is with Pullmantur , however it has never sailed from Barcelona , this year it was doing the Eastern Med and Caribbean , and 2012 summer from Marseilles and winter Cancun, Tuggy having another guess i presume.

Comment

Hi and welcome, It would appear that over time half of Donny have visited this site and many are survivers

Now that you seem to have gotten rid of the "half-term harness" you might find a difference in your cruising, maybe not better but different.

Which ever it is I wish you well with it. ......Neil

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
              X