• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ambassador Cruises 2022

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cruiser, Larne View Post
    It's Hobson's choice for those of us from NI. Would appear that the only flight suitable would be in to London City Airport. As the Southampton route is currently difficult for Belfast flights having to look at alternatives is essential if we want to cruise as flying further is medically out of the picture. I have no idea how or how long travel to Tilbury would take from London City Airport, perhaps someone could advise.
    If Belfast Gatwick is available the train is ok, NE from LHR T5 is what we use if not round trip Southampton.

London city not sure for options I did price taxi to compare with Stansted.

​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Issyalex, Glasgow View Post

We drive to Southampton if departing from there, approx 8hr drive but I think Tilbury will be longer and across country for us.
      Shorter distance and more motorway than Southampton change direction at Birmingham.

You can cut across further north.

Should be about the same time, I would be doing an overnight on route.

Comment

We drive to Southampton if departing from there, approx 8hr drive but I think Tilbury will be longer and across country for us.
        Yes it is. We once drove to Dover many years ago & I wouldn't do that again.

I can't face the drive to Southampton never mind driving back home. We used Eavesway once which was OK but it does add so much extra time & cost.

Think it might be Scotland next year!

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs, Tyne and Wear View Post

Yes it is. We once drove to Dover many years ago & I wouldn't do that again.

I can't face the drive to Southampton never mind driving back home. We used Eavesway once which was OK but it does add so much extra time & cost.

Think it might be Scotland next year!
          If we have a good summer you cannot beat Scotland for its beauty and stunning landscape. ❤️❤️
          don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

If we have a good summer you cannot beat Scotland for its beauty and stunning landscape. ❤️❤️
            That's so true! The Highlands are lovely even if it isn't brilliant weather. I do like the railway journeys too, the West Highland line is gorgeous and the Kyle of Lochalsh line is a really beautiful journey. I also want to see some of the islands I haven't been to yet.

Oh yes think it should be Scotland next year before or after the midges!

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
            best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
            agree to our cookie policy

Working...
            X