• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cunard Mystery ,which is it ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cunard Mystery ,which is it ?

I received a reply to an email sent to Cunard on Tuesday.I had asked was there any disco dancing in the Yacht Club on future cruises .They replied no dancing to live bands or DJ music in the night clubs .
    Then yesterday I receive the usual weekly email with offers from Cunard .It states “that party the night away in the Yacht club till the last person hangs up their dancing shoes”.Also that there are party nights, theme nights ,60,s and 70,s nights in the Yacht club .They also mention that there are dance hosts available (which there are not at the moment).Does anyone know which it is going to be when international cruises start ,because Cunard obviously don’t ?

I think it is a simple case of the cruise lines not keeping their websites up to date.

Let's be fair, the Covid restrictions/rules/guidelines are changing all the time. Who knows what the situation will be next week, let alone when your cruise sets sail?
    Jill

Comment

In my view it would require little effort to amend the text covering the Yacht Club activities, so that potential customers have the correct information. That is basic website management and maintenance.

Comment

Originally posted by gloandgeoff, Manchester View Post
        I received a reply to an email sent to Cunard on Tuesday.I had asked was there any disco dancing in the Yacht Club on future cruises .They replied no dancing to live bands or DJ music in the night clubs .
        Then yesterday I receive the usual weekly email with offers from Cunard .It states “that party the night away in the Yacht club till the last person hangs up their dancing shoes”.Also that there are party nights, theme nights ,60,s and 70,s nights in the Yacht club .They also mention that there are dance hosts available (which there are not at the moment).Does anyone know which it is going to be when international cruises start ,because Cunard obviously don’t ?
        I would take no notice of anything you read on Cunard's website during this present climate, as another poster has said, "It's really a case of cruise lines not keeping their website up to-date.

I covered this Topic in a previous thread and gave you first hand experience from my 'Two' Staycation cruises recently.

If Cunard Line don't know yet when they will lift the restrictions in the Yacht Club , then no one here is qualified to answer your question.

In this present climate common sense tells us that Cunard will lift their restrictions 'in the yacht' as and when they feel it is safe. Since their first cruise on 13th Aug Cunard have already 'slowly' lifted a few onboard restrictions that had been perviously implemented.

Comment

Originally posted by gloandgeoff, Manchester View Post
          In an ideal world, travel web sites would be updated as and when needed but at the moment, the travel world and its advice/protocols seems to be changing daily so immediate past passengers on the various cruise forums seem to have the most up to date information, and even that might change cruise to cruise.

Personally, I think Cunard are coping rather well at the moment but if dancing in the Yacht Club or with a host is your reason to cruise Cunard, and you can't get a definitive answer for any dates for which you want to travel, then don't book until the picture becomes clearer but bear in mind, that picture might get cloudier if government restrictions are brought in again.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
          best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
          agree to our cookie policy

Working...
          X