• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cruise Insurance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi JC, that must have been disappointing, I hope she didn't charge you for a print out.

I have noticed in our surgery a price list for private letters and so I might just ask the question the next time I am there. It may be something GP's will be asked for more often regarding travel insurance after Covid...Carol

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs M View Post

Do you think, it's down to the GP you have?

I have said before how lucky we are with all the GPs in our practice. The more I hear, the more I realise how true that is. I know our practice would supply any letter that was in their remit to give. Yes, we pay for it [ash cash anyone?} but we'd get one with no bother if it was appropriate.
      Hi Mrs M
      Maybe.
      Maybe though your last word is the important one...... appropriate.
      Maybe the doctor thought it wasn't appropriate.

I can see problems if doctors are just signing notes for cash,,,,,there is no comeback if it's a note for unfitness to travel,,,but I could see problems for doctors from a patients relatives if something drastic happened after the doctor declared fit to travel,,,,maybe the insurance company would want to question as well.

I think the debate on this over 70's rule has some distance to go.
      As in my case,,would a doctors note still be valid if it was made out 6 weeks before travel?
      If the cruise would have been one week after the problem I'm sure she would have given me the note.

Ps,,My doctors practice is superb.the monitoring of my health after several health issues is second to none.

JC
      C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
      "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

The mainstay of the cruise market are those aged 50 plus, the very group that is most at risk from Coronavirus. Unless the cruise operators can find a way of insuring passengers against Covid-19, there will be no swift return to business as usual. Who in their right mind is going to risk their financial future at an age when they may no longer be working or able to? It could cost you your home and all of your savings. Coronavirus will be around for some time, even after the present wave of infections reduces.

Comment

You may or may not want to read this:

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel...-a9480981.html

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by Mike48, Southampton View Post
            The mainstay of the cruise market are those aged 50 plus, the very group that is most at risk from Coronavirus. Unless the cruise operators can find a way of insuring passengers against Covid-19, there will be no swift return to business as usual. Who in their right mind is going to risk their financial future at an age when they may no longer be working or able to? It could cost you your home and all of your savings. Coronavirus will be around for some time, even after the present wave of infections reduces.
            Which is why I think the return to schedules, for main stream companies will be Spring next year at the very earliest.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
            best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
            agree to our cookie policy

Working...
            X