• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

fingers crossed x

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fingers crossed x

hello all I am a newbie and just looove cruising, still booked on for celebrity in june and keeping fingers crossed it goes ahead.. ( as you can probably tell I am a very positive person! ) I know from reading the forum for a few weeks that some of you have cancelled the same cruise I am hoping to go on.. We did do it once before as a once in a lifetime but enjoyed so much we just gotta do it again.. anyway good to meet you all, take care, ev x

Hi and Welcome to the forum, I'm loving your positivity, I would love that it went ahead for you, but even if it did, I'm not sure that anywhere would be open for it to go. But it's nice to have dreams, enjoy............................................. ..............Carol

Comment

gotta have dreams carol x i also dont think it will go ahead, dont think russia will even be open but........ there is always christmas with fred ro look forward to x

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Hang around for a while. As you can see, It’s not only cruising that’s discussed on here. I’m sorry but forget June, far too early imo. Maybe October onwards but even that’s unlikely. Who knows, no one has a crystal ball.

Comment

Good luck with your positivism. I'm afraid we negatively cancelled our June 2020 Baltic cruise and transferred the booking to a similar one next year.

A major problem I see, apart from ports wanting/accepting cruise ships, is availability of crews.

As soon as things start to move those crew members currently still locked up on ships will want to go home to their family's for their well deserved leave. Of those already at home, many of the longer service and more experienced and thus more senior ones may well decide it is time to leave the business altogether and buy the little farm they have saved their pennies for. Lots of families will not let their loved ones return to sea for many a long year.

We could find levels of service dropping dramatically as new inexperienced guys join the business.

Comment

Welcome to the forum. We, well I do, love positive people. We discuss everything on here not just cruising especially at the moment.
            don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Hi, welcome to the forum. We should have been on Silhouette in July going to the Baltic but we’ve cancelled it as my husband won’t take the chance with my health. If we can do it next year I’m sure we will as we really enjoy cruising. Right now we are talking about anything and everything to keep the forum and our spirits going.

Take care and stay well. Helen

Comment

thank you all x and the good news is I have just recieved all my passenger forms stuff from fred for october... Taking the old man on a suprise cruise for his 70th... take care all .. heather

Comment

Welcome to the forum.
                  Sadly I think you can cross them as much as the rest of us but it’s not going to happen.
                  We’ve cancelled our Celebrity June cruise. The ships are all off the US coast. Are all on stop until at least mid June by their estimation never mind what the CDC has said.
                  When they are given the go ahead they are, as others have said, all in the wrong destinations. It’s going to be a huge operation to get them all to where they are supposed to be for their planned itineraries never mind change over of staff etc. All staff need to disembark and who’s to say every country will allow international travel at the same time?

Good on you for being positive though. Stick around and join in

Comment

Originally posted by mike, lanarkshire View Post
                    Welcome to the forum. Hang around for a while. As you can see, It’s not only cruising that’s discussed on here. I’m sorry but forget June, far too early imo. Maybe October onwards but even that’s unlikely. Who knows, no one has a crystal ball.
                    I have! Well used to but unfortunately when I sat on my Magic Wand and broke it the shock made me drop my Crystal Ball and well you know the rest..............

Bill

Lawnmowerman

Comment

Oh Bill, don’t be so negative, have you never heard of superglue?

Comment

Originally posted by Lawnmowerman, Tain View Post

I have! Well used to but unfortunately when I sat on my Magic Wand and broke it the shock made me drop my Crystal Ball and well you know the rest..............

Bill
                        Maintaining a sense of humour during a time of crisis is admirable Bill 👍

Comment

Originally posted by mike, lanarkshire View Post

Maintaining a sense of humour during a time of crisis is admirable Bill 👍
                          Tell that to JohnR

Lawnmowerman

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                          best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                          agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                          X