• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cruise refund

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cruise refund

One of my friends and I have a cruise and stay booked through Cruise.UK for a western Mediterranean Tui Marella cruise in July. We are both in our mid seventies.The final payment is due in a couple of weeks. Trying to contact Tui is impossible. I really want to know where we stand. If we don't pay the balance, what will happen. If we pay the balance, and Tui cancel the cruise, what will happen. I have heard that Tui are no longer giving refunds, and offering vouchers instead. As I have stated, we are both old, what if our health for one or both of us is not too good in the future, and we can't travel abroad. Also, Cruise.UK show two booking reference numbers, one for them, and a cruise line reference number. I have tried to log-in to Tui with this cruise line reference number, but it is not recognised.
    Regards.

Originally posted by Greenveg, Wigan View Post
    One of my friends and I have a cruise and stay booked through Cruise.UK for a western Mediterranean Tui Marella cruise in July. We are both in our mid seventies.The final payment is due in a couple of weeks. Trying to contact Tui is impossible. I really want to know where we stand. If we don't pay the balance, what will happen. If we pay the balance, and Tui cancel the cruise, what will happen. I have heard that Tui are no longer giving refunds, and offering vouchers instead. As I have stated, we are both old, what if our health for one or both of us is not too good in the future, and we can't travel abroad. Also, Cruise.UK show two booking reference numbers, one for them, and a cruise line reference number. I have tried to log-in to Tui with this cruise line reference number, but it is not recognised.
    Regards.

If you booked it through cruise.co.uk, you need to get in touch with them, not Tui, they should help you. My agent is really good, I e-mail him, and then if needs be he rings me back, good luck.............................................. .................Carol

Comment

Welcome to the forum Greenveg....Carol is absolutely right. Phone or email your cruise consultant at Cruise. and he / she will help you resolve this.

Comment

Hi greenveg, welcome to the forum.

phone or email the person on cruise dot who took your booking to discuss and let them deal with it. My understanding (we’ll this is how it was with my cancelled cruise with Oceania) is if you cancel before the cruiseline cancels then they will only offer a voucher but if you wait till they cancel you can get all your money back. It’s a waiting game but get your travel agent to do what’s best for you. Good luck.
        don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

I’m wondering ,
          I was on the Queen Mary 2 had to leave in Fremantle, missing 34 days .
          cunard got us back to Dublin , I’m grateful.
          my question we were offered 125% pro rata payment for future cruise and £1000 on board spend if we booked before 31 December.
          i also had 500$ onboard spend left on my account that I couldn’t spend before we disembarked.
          what does it all mean ?
          Can I book a 42 day cruise Free , do I get £1000 OBS and what happens to my $ 500
          any ideas folks
          hope you are all staying safe at home

Comment

Originally posted by spanish lady, torrevieja View Post
            I’m wondering ,
            I was on the Queen Mary 2 had to leave in Fremantle, missing 34 days .
            cunard got us back to Dublin , I’m grateful.
            my question we were offered 125% pro rata payment for future cruise and £1000 on board spend if we booked before 31 December.
            i also had 500$ onboard spend left on my account that I couldn’t spend before we disembarked.
            what does it all mean ?
            Can I book a 42 day cruise Free , do I get £1000 OBS and what happens to my $ 500
            any ideas folks
            hope you are all staying safe at home
            As there is so much confusion over the FCC/refunds and obc offers, don't you think this question should be addressed to your agent? We have had wonderful advice from ours and he sorted all our deferments out but I would no moire give that advice out on a public forum than fly to the moon.
            Ask your agent.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
            best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
            agree to our cookie policy

Working...
            X