• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!


No announcement yet.

Do I pay or cancel for July?!

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Do I pay or cancel for July?!

    We have booked to go on Enchanted Princess in a July but have to pay the full balance at the end of this month. We have already paid roughly £1000 for flights and deposit and we really don’t know what to do. We was going to get travel insurance before we payed the final amount but no insurance company will cover us as we are docking at 4 Italian ports. Would you risk it and pay or cancel?

    How long is a piece of string?
    If you're not in any vulnerable group as dictated by the FCO/gov.uk only you can answer that. You can pay, and the cruise might be cancelled so you should get some/all of it back or it will go ahead and having paid, you'd worry yourself sick which isn't a great way to spend a holiday.

    One lesson learnt, buy your travel ins when you book a holiday and make sure it's the most overarching policy and covers pandemics etc. although, if you choose to decline travel rather tthan the travel being terminated for you, that wouoldn't work anyway.


      Aren't Princess giving you the option of cancelling with either a refund or credit against a future cruise? May be a good option, especially as you have no insurance. Not sure about the flights though. You may be better speaking to whoever dealt with your booking, ie travel agent, cruise consultant etc.



        Your in the window to take an option.


          I was deliberating about my May cruise on Jewel of the Seas. I decided to pay the final balance, but left it right up to the wire. If the cruise is cancelled, I will ask RCI to move the payment to my November cruise

          I haven't yet checked how I stand with the flights, as I paid with Avios. I should be OK with the hotel in Copenhagen, as it wasn't a cheap non-refundable deal.
          Queen Victoria - Mediterranean Explorer

          2019 -
          NCL Getaway - Norway and Iceland
          Adventure of the Seas - Fall Foliage

          2020 -
          Jewel of the Seas - Abu Dhabi & Dubai
          Magellan - Panama Canal


          We use cookies to give you the
          best experience possible.

          By continuing to use our website you
          agree to our cookie policy