• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Celebrity Equinox

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Celebrity Equinox

Hi Haven't been on a cruise before, but have booked an 11 night cruise for my wife and I around Carribean leaving 1st May. I have chosen classic drinks and on board spending money. Has anybody recently been on this ship? Is there any advice you can give me or tips please. Will be looking at excursions to book this weekend. Thanks Neil

Hi Neil, I haven't been on that ship, but I have been to the Caribbean, it's amazing. (Still one of my favourite cruises) Which Islands are you going too? ...............................................Car ol

Comment

In my experience, the Celebrity product is high quality, and Equinox, in common with her sisters, is a beautiful ship. The staff on board are excellent. No tips really, just enjoy.

Comment

Just a thought, the included food on board is very good and varied, but there are extra cost restaurants as well. Whether they are worth the extra is up to you, but if you do fancy trying one or more, don't be afraid to ask if any discounts are available. I have usually been able to get 30% at least without problem. The on board shops are mostly high end and expensive.

Comment

While I haven't been on Equinox, I have been on her sister ships, Solstice, Eclipse and Silhouette. They are beautiful ships and I would agree with other comments on dining etc. In the Caribbean it is easy to pick up a taxi when leaving the ship, and this can be a less expensive option than ship's tours. If you pay at the end of the day, you have no concern about being left anywhere, or missing the ship. We always ask to be back at the ship at least an hour before all aboard time, so we have no worries. The exception to this would be Jamaica, which can be a bit intimidating , so I would recommend a ship's tour for a first visit.

Comment

We have been on most of Celebrity’s ships but funnily not equinox. Her sister ships are lovely. Cabins are a great size with a decent sized couch. Food and service is very good. Tea (all kinds), coffee and water are free and freely available in the buffet 24/7 and when dining in all restaurants. Speciality coffees eg latte, cappuccino etc are chargeable but I think are included in your drinks package. If there’s anything you need or want while your onboard just as at customer relation desk or if it’s to do with your cabin ask your cabin steward. If they can get it they will. The free ice cream station in the buffet is very nice. You cannot use your drinks package when ordering from room service.

if your celebrating a special something or not then you could use some of your OBC to book the speciality restaurants but wait till your onboard and they are doing discounts before you book. My favourite is Murano’s.

in the Caribbean you can just walk around, get a taxi or fun bus for a tour round the island. So much cheaper than ships tours.
            don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Hello
              I have done about four trips on Equinox. One of my favourites. We did a Caribbean cruise to the A B C Islands in 2017 which is the 10 night itinerary but as you are doing 11 nights am guessing its the other Caribbean islands which you are doing. Nevertheless loads of information on my blog here:
              https://www.cruise.co.uk/forum/forum...-review-part-1
              and if you finally get through to then end of it I made a summary of food/entertainment/cabin etc

Comment

Thw Equinox is my, so far, favourite ship. We have cruises on most of the Celebrity fleet and she is by far the best. We did the Med though, not the Caribbean so sorry can't help you there, but rest easy, you will love her!

Comment

I believe she has also had a really good refit and has been brought right upto date with the newer Celebrity branding.

If you tell us your ports then we can advise regarding what to do in ports. You don't have to book the ships excursions there will be lots of tour operators shoreside too.

Comment

• Bones, SWINDON
                    Bones, SWINDON commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hi thanks for your comments and enjoyed reading your blog. We are leaving Fort Lauderdale and 2 days at sea and arriving at Charlotte Amalie St Thomas, St Croix Virgin Islands, St Johns Antigua,Bridgetown Barbados,Castries St Lucia,Philipsburg St Marteen, then 2 days cruising back. I have received excursion info from Cruise.co and celebrity. We arent really interested in sightseeing, but would prefer going to beaches. Should we book these beach trip/excursions through cruise/celebrity or should we organise taxi/something our self locally? We have also paid for a classic drinks package, does this cover the majority of drinks? Are you allowed to take alcoholic drinks back to your stateroom. Also have $300 on board spend. Can this be used to eat in the paying restaurants? Thanks

We’re on celebrity Reflection at the moment. What’s your itinerary and we can maybe help you re excursions. Don’t rush in and book expensive shore excursions via Celebrity when there are other cheaper options available.

Comment

At all of these ports there will be open sided buses touting to take people to the beach for a few dollars. Especially St Thomas. The most famous beach is Megans Bay I think you should be able to do the for around $15 return - although its a while since I went maybe a bit more. St marteen - pay a few dollars to take the short ferry ride across the bay lands you in the town with a beach right in front.
                    St Lucia I can highly recommend Cosul tours - google I am sure you will find him. Barbados again there will be shared buses for a few dollars to take you into town, there is a beach to the right of the ship about a 10-15 min walk away. For Antigua get a taxi to take you to Darkwood beach and arrange a pick up time - they are very trusting, usually you don't pay them until the return journey.

Comment

• Bones, SWINDON
                      Bones, SWINDON commented
                      Editing a comment
                      excellent!! thanks very much!!

With the drinks package you will be fine unless you like really expensive martinis. Even some of the higher priced cocktails if you fancy one day you simply pay the difference of a dollar or two. So don't bother upgrading unless you like really fine wine and expensive drinks - lots of cocktails are included with the classic package. You can use your obc for speciality dining, purchases in the on board ships shop, spa treatments etc. or indeed any upgrades on the drinks

Comment

We love Equinox! Been on her four times and on Silhouette twice. Great cabins, food, ambiance, etc. Celebrity really have the whole package as far as we are concerned. Enjoy yourselves is all I can say.

Take care, Helen

Comment

• Bones, SWINDON
                        Bones, SWINDON commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thank you. Really looking forward to it. We have not gone for the tipping package. I'm told we can go to guest services and arrange to tip who we want to directly. What advice would you give on how much to tip? We have also have a classic drinks package, will a service charge be added? Thanks

Bones Celebrity will add the daily gratuity (tips) daily to your onboard account. You can ask at customer services for them to be removed and give how much to you want to who ever you want or you can ask them to reduce or increase the daily amount.

the service charge has already been added to your classic drinks package.
                      don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Hi again. If you are on My Time dining your tips are automatically included and cannot be removed. If however, you are on fixed dining, then you can remove them and tip whomever you want. Even with included tips we have almost always given a bit extra to our cabin steward and waiter if we’ve been at the same table every night. Our waiter on Silhouette last year remembered us from our cruise the year before believe it or not. When we told him that we were still in touch with the other English couple at our table he said “You are still in touch with Mr Ian and Mrs Ginny!?” We couldn’t believe that he also remembered their names as well when you think of the thousands of people they must meet each year.

Take care, Helen

Comment

• Bones, SWINDON
                          Bones, SWINDON commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Hi Helen, Thanks again for your comments. We are on fixed dining so should be able to tip who we want to. Its not that we don't want to tip, but want to tip the staff that offer great service. Cheers Neil

We use cookies to give you the
                      best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                      agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                      X