• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Celebrity edge advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by Juliefinlay, Dungannon View Post
    Oh Ann
    that is brilliant. I’m quite nervous as it’s the first cruise for the children and a big birthday for me and my daughter. It has cost a fortune for the six of us and I’m relunctant to upgrade the drink packages as it will be for 6!!
    some reviews are awful and now I’m nervous that they won’t get all the cocktails and premium drinks they want and will end up with a huge bill at the end on top of all the money we paid.
    we are excited but I just want to make sure all is plain sailing!!! So to speak!!😆
    Thanking you for any help and advice.
    As said previously if some of your family and friends want better/top named drinks let them pay once they board. Just make sure they register their visa to their cabin and not yours. The waiters work hard and as they get the 18% tip on every drink you order they will be tripping over themselves to serve you and your family.

    if your on my time dining/select dining in the main dining room you will be able to pre book times before you cruise meaning you just show up at your rebooked time, wait in the correct queue to be seated. If not you still turn up when you want, if there isn’t a free table they will give you a buzzer then you just go to a nearby bar have a drink and wait to be buzzed. You never wait that long.

    if the children are under 18 then make sure they get taken to the kids club ASAP after boarding to sign them up. This means you will never see them as they will prefer the club and their new found friends than old foggies. 😂😂😂😂 this means happy kids happy holiday for everyone.


    please stop stressing yourself out. Everyone will have a fabulous time.
    don't want to work, just want to cruise.

    Comment


      #17
      Awe thank you issay

      They are all 20 and over so no kids club required but eating and drinking will be on the agenda. Foodies.
      unfortunately all will be on my card and it’s my treat but will definitely book in advance for dinners and may look at the upgrade or just pay per drink. Will work out when on board. I am excited and the itinerary is fabulous but because it’s a big birthday and their first cruise I want all to be perfect.
      we have only ever cruises all inclusive before and am not sure how this drinks package works.
      Thanking you for your help.

      Comment


        #18
        Hi Anne

        That’s good to know. Maybe the older ones (and me) would appreciate the upgrade. Just to know, my husband is a non drinker but he somehow has the classic drinks package, but can I upgrade to premium package and not him?

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by Juliefinlay, Dungannon View Post
          Hi Anne

          That’s good to know. Maybe the older ones (and me) would appreciate the upgrade. Just to know, my husband is a non drinker but he somehow has the classic drinks package, but can I upgrade to premium package and not him?
          Yes - it happens all the time.

          Just upgrade your card.

          Annie

          PS Do you also know you are allowed to take on board for consumption in your cabin, 2 bottles of wine ( not spirits) percabin.

          Comment


            #20
            Hi Anne

            Oh that’s good to know. I love wine!!!
            But to be fair i may not be bothered unless I find a nice wine in Italy/Malta/Greece.
            😜

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

              Not so MIke if the ship is sailing in Europe

              https://www.celebritycruises.co.uk/f...rinks-onboard/

              Annie
              Last time we were on Constellation ( Venice departure) we had to complete a waiver form for our son who was 19 at the time - Strange 🤔

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by mike, lanarkshire View Post

                Last time we were on Constellation ( Venice departure) we had to complete a waiver form for our son who was 19 at the time - Strange 🤔
                I love consistency.

                Annie

                Comment


                  #23
                  Hi there.
                  Have you no OBC you could use to upgrade your drinks package/s?
                  Celebrity had been throwing it out in hundreds of dollars worth just lately so I'd be surprised if your cruise didn't attract any.

                  From the Celebrity website.
                  Be Liberated From the Cost of Libations

                  Use your onboard credit toward beverage packages and high-end drinks on board so you can enjoy a cocktail or two without worrying about the extra cost. If you know you’ll likely be enjoying drinks each day, one of our beverage packages is the way to go since it gives you unlimited drinks throughout the duration of your cruise. Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverage packages are available and differ depending on if you want premium liquor, higher end wines, or craft beer (Classic vs. Premium beverage packages), or if you’d like specialty coffees and teas or bottled water (non-alcoholic beverage package options).

                  If you like to enjoy a drink or two during your vacation, but not every day, a beverage package may not be necessary, but you can still use your cruise onboard credit toward any à la carte drinks you buy.

                  Regards
                  Garf
                  Last edited by Garfield, Waterlooville; 15th February 2020, 09:22 AM.

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by Garfield, Waterlooville View Post
                    Hi there.
                    Have you no OBC you could use to upgrade your drinks package/s?
                    Celebrity had been throwing it out in hundreds of dollars worth just lately so I'd be surprised if your cruise didn't attract any.

                    From the Celebrity website.
                    Be Liberated From the Cost of Libations

                    Use your onboard credit toward beverage packages and high-end drinks on board so you can enjoy a cocktail or two without worrying about the extra cost. If you know you’ll likely be enjoying drinks each day, one of our beverage packages is the way to go since it gives you unlimited drinks throughout the duration of your cruise. Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverage packages are available and differ depending on if you want premium liquor, higher end wines, or craft beer (Classic vs. Premium beverage packages), or if you’d like specialty coffees and teas or bottled water (non-alcoholic beverage package options).

                    If you like to enjoy a drink or two during your vacation, but not every day, a beverage package may not be necessary, but you can still use your cruise onboard credit toward any à la carte drinks you buy.

                    Regards
                    Garf
                    Smart thinking Garf. 👏🏻👏🏻
                    don't want to work, just want to cruise.

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Originally posted by Juliefinlay, Dungannon View Post
                      Awe thank you issay

                      They are all 20 and over so no kids club required but eating and drinking will be on the agenda. Foodies.
                      unfortunately all will be on my card and it’s my treat but will definitely book in advance for dinners and may look at the upgrade or just pay per drink. Will work out when on board. I am excited and the itinerary is fabulous but because it’s a big birthday and their first cruise I want all to be perfect.
                      we have only ever cruises all inclusive before and am not sure how this drinks package works.
                      Thanking you for your help.
                      Julie as it’s their first cruise it will be perfect for them. If you keep stressing your the one who won’t enjoy your special birthday.

                      we've only had the classic drinks package once and as I only drink certain drinks I found it fine for me. However as we don’t drink that much we didn’t find it worth the money but our friends definitely got their money’s worth.

                      what ships have you sailed in before? What’s your itinerary?
                      don't want to work, just want to cruise.

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Originally posted by Issyalex, Glasgow View Post

                        Julie as it’s their first cruise it will be perfect for them. If you keep stressing your the one who won’t enjoy your special birthday.
                        I couldn't agree more.

                        Get onboard, go with the flow, and take your time before committing to anything extra.

                        You/they are not going to miss out on anything................Honest!!!

                        Wilba

                        Comment


                          #27
                          We cruise a lot on Celebrity, I like NZ Sauvignon Blanc which is not included on the classic drinks package - but you can pay the extra $2 per glass. Depending on how many you want to drink per day it might be worth upgrading, bu.t I think it was $10 per day plus 18% service charge. There was a big difference at the martini bar - they want $6 extra per cocktail. I like the occasional cosmopolitan but the other bars would make me one without an extra charge. Although we did have the occasional drink at the martini bar, by far the best area on Edge is Eden at the back of the ship. A wonderful space with the best views - perfect for pre dinner drinks and some of the entertainment in there was good. Great guitar player, but we found the 'entertainers' who float around doing handstands and sprinkling petals just a bit too weird for us, but some people seem to like them. We've done over 90 cruises on lots of different lines - Edge is probably our favourite ship. It also cost us an arm and a leg, but it spoils you for other ships! You picked well

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Originally posted by Juliefinlay, Dungannon View Post
                            Hi Anne

                            Oh that’s good to know. I love wine!!!
                            But to be fair i may not be bothered unless I find a nice wine in Italy/Malta/Greece.
                            😜
                            You are entitled to carry two bottles of wine (per cabin), when you board the ship - but that does not apply to subsequent ports of call.

                            Comment


                            We use cookies to give you the
                            best experience possible.


                            By continuing to use our website you
                            agree to our cookie policy

                            Working...
                            X