• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Celebrity edge advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Celebrity edge advice

Hi there guys
    just asking for advice for a new cruiser. Taking 6 x people on a cruise this summer. All over 18 but looking advice on the drink packages. Have a few quite fussy about wine and premium drinks and am worried that we won’t have nice cocktails included in the classic drinks package I have purchased for us!
    anyone any advice?
    and general comments from anyone sailed on the edge before???

Welcome to the forum and the wonderful world of cruising.

Celebrity Edge is Celebrities newest ship and sadly I’ve not sailed on her. Celebrity is a great cruiseline with good service and food.

Classic drinks package has a very good selection of drinks and cocktails. Hopefully this link will work. It shows what is available in each package.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celeb...ages_Flyer.pdf
    don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Thanking you. I’ll take a look but my head is fried. I want this to be a fabulous experience for the kids and I don’t want to be stuck in lines queuing for drinks as some people have experienced! They do like a fine wine and premium spirits but it’s a costly trip already and I don’t want to spend any more money especially if it’s not worth it.

Comment

Let them upgrade(and pay) their own packages on board if not happy with the classic.

Comment

Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
          Let them upgrade(and pay) their own packages on board if not happy with the classic.
          Great advice.

Let them make their own decision, once onboard.

For the first 48 hours the waiters will ask if you want to upgrade every time you order a drink. It's their additional commision earner.

The waiter get it added your/their onboard account faster than Lewis Hamilton if they get a 'Yes Please'.............Wilba
          Wilba

Comment

Well.......That’s a good idea. Let them make their own decision when On the ship. Didn’t know u could do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Juliefinlay, Dungannon View Post
              Well.......That’s a good idea. Let them make their own decision when On the ship. Didn’t know u could do that.
              It's fair to say that anything that involves additional spending will be handled very swiftly on just about every cruiseline on the ocean.................Wilba

Last edited by Wilba; 14th February 2020, 10:14 AM.
              Wilba

Comment

You can pay the extra on a drink by drink basis if you like. I'm a big fan of Celebrity, although not sailed on Edge. I have never yet had to stand in a long line waiting for drinks. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Comment

I’m on Reflection next weekend and I currently have the classic package. If it’s cocktails you’re after you’re better off either paying the difference per drink or upgrading to the premium package, which is currently being offered to me at £8.21 plus the 20% gratuity per day. $10 per day plus gratuity if you do it on the ship. Having looked at the bar menus I think you will be disappointed to see how restrictive it will be in regards to available cocktails based on the classic package as very few are included. That said, you can just pay the small difference per drink if that suits better. Your allowance will be $9 per drink. In the martini bar you’re looking at between $11 and $15 per drink, so you may be better off with the premium package.

Comment

Just a thought, bear in mind If they’re over 18 but under 21 you’ll need a consent form as it’s an American ship, so American licensing rules apply even if it’s a European itinerary.

Comment

Oh gosh. I have raised the issue with the travel agent about age. Two are over 21 but two under 21. Have I to do that consent form before I leave or do they do it on the ship?

i am very nervous cause reading reviews about the ship and some not very complimentary and issues with seating at dinner, Waite times for drinks, getting seating all together at the Buffett etc......

how did u her get the offer? I think I would take that for us if it was offered. Do I just wait till nearer the sail date and see what they come up with?

a

Comment

Originally posted by mike, lanarkshire View Post
                        Just a thought, bear in mind If they’re over 18 but under 21 you’ll need a consent form as it’s an American ship, so American licensing rules apply even if it’s a European itinerary.
                        Not so MIke if the ship is sailing in Europe

https://www.celebritycruises.co.uk/f...rinks-onboard/

Annie
                        Last edited by annie, Glasgow; 14th February 2020, 10:59 PM.

Comment

"i am very nervous cause reading reviews about the ship and some not very complimentary and issues with seating at dinner, Waite times for drinks, getting seating all together at the Buffett etc......"

We have been on the Edge, last year. Its a lovely ship. The only place we saw queues is at the Martini Bar and most nights, just after the first show to get into the Normandie, one of the 4 main dining rooms, where we ate most evenings. I downloaded the App before we sailed and booked the Normandie for a time that suited us for the first night. After that night we booked a main dining room and time for the next night when we left, so we could miss the queues.
                          I would suggest that you do that yourselves. It will be easier for you if you are all on the one booking but, if not, then I think you can link the bookings in the App so linking any bookings for dinner reservations.
                          When you board there will be a few senior crew to welcome you and bar staff waiting for you with a welcome glass of sparkling wine, orange or a mix of both and we found a nice seat in Cafe al-Bacio to drink our drinks as we entered the ship that day, onto that floor and had our carry-ons with us still. Then you will find walking around the ship the first day bar staff to ask if you want to upgrade to the premium package and waiters to ask if you want to book speciality restaurants, just check your first dining reservation with them. Also Gym and Spar staff will give you a quick tour of the facilities in their arrears if you visit that first day.
                          That was the quickest we have ever boarded a ship. We were in Rome, left the hotel on our shared shuttle and we were taken around the back of a large building and we collected our cases and walked them 10 feet to the porters who were waiting. Then we entered a large room and loads of people were waiting for us with IPads. She scanned our bar code from the App, asked us a few questions and told us to to walk forward and around the corner. More people were waiting to check passports and paperwork or phone Apps, then we were walking out and onto the walkway into the ship. 10 minutes after arriving we were on her. After finishing our drinks we went down to our cabin and found our passes outside, dropped off our cases and collected our daily planner so we could read what was going on and get our bearings.
                          Any questions just ask. I have photos and videos I keep meaning to upload one day and do a proper review.
                          Ann

Comment

Oh Ann
                            that is brilliant. I’m quite nervous as it’s the first cruise for the children and a big birthday for me and my daughter. It has cost a fortune for the six of us and I’m relunctant to upgrade the drink packages as it will be for 6!!
                            some reviews are awful and now I’m nervous that they won’t get all the cocktails and premium drinks they want and will end up with a huge bill at the end on top of all the money we paid.
                            we are excited but I just want to make sure all is plain sailing!!! So to speak!!😆
                            Thanking you for any help and advice.

Comment

Oh Ann
                              that is brilliant. I’m quite nervous as it’s the first cruise for the children and a big birthday for me and my daughter. It has cost a fortune for the six of us and I’m relunctant to upgrade the drink packages as it will be for 6!!
                              some reviews are awful and now I’m nervous that they won’t get all the cocktails and premium drinks they want and will end up with a huge bill at the end on top of all the money we paid.
                              we are excited but I just want to make sure all is plain sailing!!! So to speak!!😆
                              Thanking you for any help and advice.
                              Hi Again

You don't need to upgrade all the packages just those you think would need the upgrade.

Annie

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X