• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Those Pesky Critters!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those Pesky Critters!!

Just been reading the following story which made my flesh crawl!!

"An actress who had a role in "Marriage Story" and her husband are suing Princess Cruises, alleging their room on the Emerald Princess ship was infested with bedbugs and left them with bites all over their bodies. The cruise line has responded with a statement addressing the couple's concerns.

Connie and Alvin Flores allege in a lawsuit, filed in November 2019, that their stateroom aboard the cruise they took a year earlier was "infested with hundreds of bedbugs." The pair cruised from Nov. 28, 2018, through Dec. 4, 2018, out of Los Angeles. Connie Flores played an "arguing woman" in "Marriage Story," and is now speaking publicly about the suit.

"My husband and I thought we were going on our dream vacation for our wedding anniversary. Never did we imagine that we would be trapped on a ship with a room infested with bedbugs," Flores told USA TODAY in a statement. "This was a horrific experience, and no one should ever go through such pain and trauma. This ordeal has prompted us to be advocates and bring awareness to people who have been exposed to bedbugs."

The couple is seeking $75,000 in damages."

Have you ever had such an experience either on a cruise or land holiday?

Thankfully not but watched a programme a few months ago where they paid for an hotel room then proceeded to examine the bedding, door handles and bathroom / toilet and the results were shocking.These were the results Airbnb v Hotel - worrying !
    Last edited by mike, lanarkshire; 25th January 2020, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cruiser, Larne View Post
      Just been reading the following story which made my flesh crawl!!

"An actress who had a role in "Marriage Story" and her husband are suing Princess Cruises, alleging their room on the Emerald Princess ship was infested with bedbugs and left them with bites all over their bodies. The cruise line has responded with a statement addressing the couple's concerns.

Connie and Alvin Flores allege in a lawsuit, filed in November 2019, that their stateroom aboard the cruise they took a year earlier was "infested with hundreds of bedbugs." The pair cruised from Nov. 28, 2018, through Dec. 4, 2018, out of Los Angeles. Connie Flores played an "arguing woman" in "Marriage Story," and is now speaking publicly about the suit.

"My husband and I thought we were going on our dream vacation for our wedding anniversary. Never did we imagine that we would be trapped on a ship with a room infested with bedbugs," Flores told USA TODAY in a statement. "This was a horrific experience, and no one should ever go through such pain and trauma. This ordeal has prompted us to be advocates and bring awareness to people who have been exposed to bedbugs."

The couple is seeking $75,000 in damages."

Have you ever had such an experience either on a cruise or land holiday?
      Always sceptical of these compo claims. Why did it take a year for them to file a lawsuit?

Comment

A couple of years ago, we boarded Jewel of the Seas at Civitavecchia, next a sea day day and then Villefranche. Each time we returned to our cabin, we were puzzled by the amount of flies in the room when we had disposed of them before we left and the balcony door was kept shut. At Villefranche we bought fly spray but whilst spraying the cabin, we noticed a ceiling tile was partly hanging down and realised the flies were coming in from there. Nick replaced the tile and no further issues. Cabin steward told us there had been a infestation of flies in the AC ducts. We left the the fly spray for housekeeping should they need it again.
        Barb

Comment

I read this a few weeks ago on FB. The first thing I do in a hotel room or a cruise ship cabin is check for bed bugs! Strip the sheets and look for evidence. But that’s just me lol
          Past cruises:
          Carnival Conquest October 2002
          Independence of the Seas October 2012
          Independence of the Seas May 2014
          Explorer of the Seas June 2015
          Norwegian Escape October 2015

Comment

Some friends of ours did a transatlantic on QE2 and they had an infestation of bed bugs which didn't go down too well. I think they were moved to a new cabin eventually.

A colleague was on P&O Aurora recently for a Northern Lights voyage and also had an infestation of a small cockroach type bug in their cabin. They don't know where they came from and were quite horrified as you can imagine. P&O moved them and gave them some obc .

We've never had such a problem thank goodness.
            BIG SHIPS, little ships, small world

Comment

On one cruise we were berthed in Naples (I think) and were sitting at the aft deck when suddenly I noticed OH had ladybirds all over his back. He was wearing a white shirt and gradually there were hundreds of red ladybirds crawling all over the tables, chairs, everywhere. I have never seen so many. They disappeared as quickly as they had come. My friend, on the other hand, stayed in a rather exclusive hotel in Spain and arrived home relating stories of a strange rash she had. She went to the doctor only to be told the spots looked like bites, possibly bed bug bites. When she went to unpack her case she discovered some had hitched a lift among her clothes. It took ages to get rid of them! She will definitely be looking for evidence in any hotel she books in future!

Comment

Apparently all hotels have a bed bug issue sooner or later!
                See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

Originally posted by andyn, Bucks View Post

Always sceptical of these compo claims. Why did it take a year for them to file a lawsuit?
                  Same here..............I wouldn't waste my time reading about it any further..................Wilba
                  Wilba

Comment

My question was 'Did you ever have such an experience either on land or at sea'? The content re the court case is irrelevant.

Comment

Originally posted by cruiser, Larne View Post
                      My question was 'Did you ever have such an experience either on land or at sea'? The content re the court case is irrelevant.
                      OK, didn't realise the only replies should be to your last sentence.
                      I was commenting on the fact that the story made your flesh crawl, and that these stories may be embellished for monetary gain.

Anyway back on subject................no.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                      best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                      agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                      X