• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions about Celebrity Silhouette

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions about Celebrity Silhouette

Hi all, can anyone help with a couple of questions regarding Celebrity Silhouette?

I have seen an offer I am interested in for a cruise later in the year, but haven't sailed on Celebrity before. Mainly we have sailed on the smaller RCI ships, up to Independence size.
    We are looking at a hump concierge cabin, has anyone had any experience of these cabins and also would you recommend this area of the ship (Deck 10)? Also I believe I heard that RCI benefits (we're Diamond) can be transferred to Celebrity. Does anyone know if this is true and what difference does it make, if any?

Thanks

Barb

I personally wouldn't pay extra for a Concierge cabin, but if the offer's good enough, it's up to you. You don't get many benefits in Concierge over and above an ordinary balcony. I believe you can transfer RCI benefits, but not sure about that one. You would probably be Elite on Celebrity. Benefits have been eroded somewhat, so suggest you have a look on Celeb's website to see what's on offer. Priority boarding and a couple of bags of laundry usually, plus the Captain's club happy hour, but as you'll probably have a drinks package thrown in, the "free" drinks aren't anything to shout about. Nice canapes though, and better than the ones you'd get in a Concierge cabin. Cabins on the hump are fine. That's what we have on our next cruise, but on deck 7. Overall, Celebrity offer a good product. They are our favourite line.

Comment

Hi Barb
      We always have a balcony cabin on the hump on Celebrity as close to the central lifts as possible.
      Can't help with the Conciege question as that seems a waste of money to us.
      Your RCI Diamond status should get you the Elite on X but the benefits have been watered down with the All Inclusive offer so not much use nowadays.
      ​.As Peter says a couple of bags of laundry if you need that service and a free scoop of gelato..

You'll enjoy Silhouete, we sailed on her just after she was Solsticised.

Garf

Comment

Thanks Peter and Garf. I did wonder whether Concierge was worth the extra as all balcony cabins seem to be about the same size anyway. Silhouette looks to be a nice size ship, we don't like the look of the giant ships nowadays. I'll leave them to the families.

Barb

Comment

I’ve had a normal hump cabin on Silhouette but not concierge and on deck 7, fab location. Both normal balcony and concierge cabins are the same size with very little difference. IMO Celebrity is a step up from RCI on both food and service.

Enjoy your one free scoop of gelato. 🍦
          don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

I take it by hump you mean in the middle sticking out (and not the rear facing aft) - the only concierge on deck 10 hump are on the angled bit so you will get a slightly bigger balcony but the benefits are really canapes but who needs more food, they stopped doing the fresh flowers, you get fluffier towels and a bottle of fizz but drinks are included anyway so I dont see the point in paying extra. Dont go a deck above as you will have an overhang putting balcony in shade and if you are particular about whether you want bed nearest balcony or sofa nearest balcony then any marked with a square as four berth are the ones with sofa nearest balcony
            if the bed is nearest balcony then sofa is in the way of the wardrobe sliding door and the dressing table is in the way if OH walk's past to the bathroom best way my pref is sofa nearest balcony so that the dressing table is nearer daylight and out of the way

Comment

If you get you celebrity account set up it might pick up your RCI status.

They are integrated at some level.

Also think the crossover to Azamara works using celebrity status.

Comment

Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
                If you get you celebrity account set up it might pick up your RCI status.

They are integrated at some level.

Also think the crossover to Azamara works using celebrity status.
                It does and all three brands are recognised cross status.

However one tip which was driving me around the twist..................
                At one point I had an RCI account a Celebrity account and Azamara account.
                I logged into Celebrity from Celebrity web site the other day and all was good, then decided to log into RCI it didnt recognise my password so I reset it. Then went back to Celebrity's site and it didnt recognise password It took me a while to figure out what ever password you use across the 3 brands is the same despite which of the site brands home pages you log in from

Comment

In other words if you change your password on one it changes on all of them!

Comment

Celebrity is our favourite line and we enjoy the S class ships. We only did concierge once when we needed the extra points to reach Elite+, back when that made a difference. We wouldn’t pay extra for concierge again, the benefits are not worth it to us. The larger balconies on the hump are a good choice, but do not necessarily have to be concierge.

Regarding the position of the bed these alternate, so if you locate a four bed cabin with the sofa nearer the window the next door one will have the other position. We prefer the sofa nearer the window, but it isn’t a big concern for us.

Sheila

Comment

To see your Celebrity status just go to the Celebrity website and log in with your RCI details and it will show your equivalent status with Celebrity.............Wilba
                      Wilba

Comment

We love Silhouette and the “S” class ships. Not too big compared with the Leviathans the shipyards are churning out today, but it’s still big enough for us. Can’t comment on Concierge benefits, but as others are pointing out they don’t seem to warrant the extra cost.

Take care. Helen

Comment

Thanks everyone for all your helpful advice. I had no idea that the sofa bed symbol indicated where the main bed is located!! We have discarded the Concierge idea and are booked into a hump balcony on Deck 7 thanks to your suggestions. We booked via cruisedot as they beat the Celebrity price. This will be our first cruise since Jan 2020!

Barb

Comment

Good choice and I'm pretty certain that in the seating area just back of the lifts there is a very nice coffee machine

Comment

Originally posted by Bradbury, Coventry View Post
                              Good choice and I'm pretty certain that in the seating area just back of the lifts there is a very nice coffee machine
                              Hi Bradbury
                              Its called The Hideaway.
                              I am sailing Silhouette next month in a hump cabin on Deck 9,,,i have sailed in hump cabins on Decks 7/8/9 now,,,my favourite 7280.
                              Ideal for the mid ship lifts.

If sailing out of Southampton on Silhouette there are kettles/tea and coffee in the room.

The Midship Hump cabins,,,,7282 marked.

4BD8C585-1CE7-4691-BB31-A312733B7F84.jpeg

JC
                              Last edited by jc, liverpool; 10th March 2022, 07:28 PM.
                              C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
                              "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X