• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fred.Olsen Cruises 2022 /23 Prices

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
    Hi all
    Fred new ship Borealis from Liverpool ...8 nts Norwegian fiords.
    Terrance Balcony.....£4600....6th Aug.

I have a Celebrity Reflection 12 day Baltic cruise booked,Hump Balcony,AI,,tips paid and WiFi....11th Aug...£3900.

Baltic cruise on Balmoral end of May,,from Newcastle,,14 nts Balcony with DP.....£8,200..Wow!!!!

Or a bit cheaper Baltic on Breamar from Rosyth,in July,,but no Stockholm,Helsinki,Copenhagen a bargain at £7800.

I’ll say no more.

JC
    I don’t anticipate sailing with Fred, but we were discussing travel today and having gone more than a year without a cruise or any other holiday we would be prepared to pay more for our next holiday. We think we will probably travel less frequently but maybe fly business class on long haul and select higher level accommodation, either on a ship or land based.

To me value is more important than price. At our time of life, we are prepared to pay for things that in our opinion represent value. This is a change from our previous philosophy which was to do as much as we could as cheaply as possible in order to afford our next trip.

Sheila

Comment

Originally posted by smtcan, Scarborough View Post

I don’t anticipate sailing with Fred, but we were discussing travel today and having gone more than a year without a cruise or any other holiday we would be prepared to pay more for our next holiday. We think we will probably travel less frequently but maybe fly business class on long haul and select higher level accommodation, either on a ship or land based.

To me value is more important than price. At our time of life, we are prepared to pay for things that in our opinion represent value. This is a change from our previous philosophy which was to do as much as we could as cheaply as possible in order to afford our next trip.

Sheila
      Comfort has been the mainstay of our travel plans for years although a spot of reality when prices are silly, figures too.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs M View Post
        Comfort has been the mainstay of our travel plans for years although a spot of reality when prices are silly, figures too.
        I agree about comfort, why spend good money to be less comfortable than you would be at home

Comment

Hi Sheila
          You say ‘Value is more important than price’

I would have thought you can’t evaluate one without the other.

You can have a £15,000 suite on Celebrity,,,very comfortable......but is it x5 times better value than a bog standard balcony.?
          Would you get better value out of the £15000 by getting x3 cruises in a balcony.

JC
          C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
          "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Just about every cruise ship is more comfortable than my house that does not have

Multiple bars where people bring me drinks
            Multiple restaurants where people bring me food I have not had to prepare.

Comment

Hi Sheila

You can have a £15,000 suite on Celebrity,,,very comfortable......but is it x5 times better value than a bog standard balcony.?
              Would you get better value out of the £15000 by getting x3 cruises in a balcony.

JC
              Value depends on each individual's perspective and I think it's universally recognized we all have different values in life. Value can be what a product is worth to the individual and if a cruise in a £15000 suite is worth a lot to you then it's better value than three cruises in a lesser cabin.

Comment

Hi Sheila

JC
                What represents value is different for everyone. I wouldn’t get better value in a suite than three cruises in a balcony, but these days I would consider one cruise in a balcony to be better value than two cruises in an inside cabin. I would also consider one return flight to Asia in business class better value for me than two in steerage. However I would take two to Europe rather than paying extra for business class on a seven hour flight.
                Sheila

Comment

Now the full schedules are out scanning the rates some look fairly normal for Fred.

You need £100pppd+ a bit to get on the ship for most.
                  I think we shall see some give in that once the booking profiles settle in and they start to want to fill the slow sellers
                  best I can see today .
                  8n £790pp
                  11n £1,200pp
                  12n £1,300pp
                  16n £1,336pp
                  14n £1,500pp
                  16n £1,800pp
                  19n £2,100pp

Comment

Thank you .I have compared rates for Superior Ocean View Deck 8 ,to previous cruises .Example for next March I have paid around £350 a day for cabin 8014 .In 2022 the rate is approximately £500 a day .That is where I based my original comment on .

Comment

That's the way it goes some trips will be more expensive and if they don't sell well the prices will come back down

they also will have a lot of people with FCC which is captured money, you don't want to be giving bargains to your trapped/loyal customers.

Save the deals to get in new business(that will be us if they are good enough).

we will just wait.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                      best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                      agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                      X