• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fred.Olsen Cruises 2022 /23 Prices

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fred.Olsen Cruises 2022 /23 Prices

I have just seen Fred .Olsen cruises for 2022 and 2023 .Prices seem to have jumped dramatically.Other cruise lines in comparison seem much cheaper .Are Fred.Olsen taking advantage of CMV demise ?Interested in other cruisers opinions please

Price increases are inevitable with ships sailing at reduced capacity and all the extra admin, testing etc carried out. It will be supply and demand and how much of an increase the market will take. With a lot of people desperate to cruise there may not be many last minute reductions. There will also be people like us, who if they could cruise would pay up cheerfully.

We sailed once with CMV. I’m surprised they lasted as long as they did.

Comment

I wouldn't sail with any cruise line just because they are cheaper.

I expected prices to be higher given the lost revenue to the cruise lines that have survived this past year.

I don't doubt that MSC, Costa, P & O et al are cheaper than Fred but I wouldn't sail with them anyway. Fred ticks all my boxes and if I couldn't afford their prices, then I probably wouldn't bother to cruise anymore (unless it was a forum cruise of course).
      Jill

Comment

I think with the Fred demographic you have to remember that many will be cruising every year and more than once in a lot of cases.

They have just lost 1 years worth and maybe up to 2years of cruise spending.

They then have to consider that they don't have many years left so can add the trips they missed into their schedules or spread the saving out on the next few cruises they would have done anyway

Both will increase demand and prices.

They can test the price sensitivity if needed drop prices or do specials to make the trip attractive if not selling

There will also have a lot of future cruise credit money sitting in accounts they won't want to be giving bargains to that pot you use bargains to attract new money

Not sure how big the overlap with CMV was apart from being marketed to UK they were quire different products in price/performance
        (CMV did have a German EU presence under other branding with some overlap

Once people no longer have multiple cruises worth of money staring at them from their savings accounts or FCC pots prices will I think normalise

Comment

There is pent up demand I am sure Fred won't have any problems making sales for a few months as people get their confidence back,, we already have people on her thinking they are invincible after the Jab

Long trips seem to be quite popular.

Look at Oceania now they have announced their Exotics itinerary for 2022/2023

On March 3, Oceania opened bookings for 2022 to 2023 "Tropics and Exotics Collection" winter sailings.
          Shortly after, the cruise line received a flood of interest, resulting in an "all-time record" bookings day since the cruise line first started 18 years ago.

https://www.businessinsider.com/ocea...21-3?r=US&IR=T

Comment

Originally posted by gloandgeoff, Manchester View Post
            I have just seen Fred .Olsen cruises for 2022 and 2023 .Prices seem to have jumped dramatically.Other cruise lines in comparison seem much cheaper .Are Fred.Olsen taking advantage of CMV demise ?Interested in other cruisers opinions please
            Hi gloandgeoff.
            I agree with you,absolutely ridiculous prices.
            I think they are taking advantage of their loyal fan base.

One cruise I was looking at...7nt round Ireland from Liverpool...now cancelled =£4000 for the two of us...nothing to do with demand,that was on day one of sales opening.

No value in that price for me.

As a comparison I can do a 9nt in a real balcony,drink package,tips paid and WiFi on Celebrity Silhouette from Southampton for over £1000 Less.

And thats not picking a cruise because it’s cheaper,,,I just don’t see what FO has that’s better than Celebrity.
            Of course that’s just my opinion.

JC
            Last edited by jc, liverpool; 11th March 2021, 11:13 AM.
            C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
            "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

In my opinion JC ,having sailed on 12 Fred cruises ,you are right they do not offer more than say, P and O .But the ships are smaller and friendlier .Also because we live in Manchester ,both Newcastle and Liverpool sailings are great .The prices though ,are so expensive that we will probably go with other cruise lines that always offer free coach travel .

Comment

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
                Hi gloandgeoff.

One cruise I was looking at...7nt round Ireland from Liverpool...now cancelled =£4000 for the two of us...nothing to do with demand,that was on day one of sales opening.

As a comparison I can do a 9nt in a real balcony,drink package,tips paid and WiFi on Celebrity Silhouette from Southampton for over £1000 Less.

And thats not picking a cruise because it’s cheaper,,,I just don’t see what FO has that’s better than Celebrity.

JC
                That price seems very excessive. I'd want a part share in the company for that! In the past,
                most of my cruises were at least 21 days duration, and included long-haul flights and a pre- or
                post-cruise stay - mostly with Princess but also HAL RCI, NCL, MSC etc., and came in at around
                £2,000 pp. (Inside cabin).

Comment

Hi gloandgeoff.

JC
                  I have not cruised with Fred, but our friends, Canadian, cruised with Celebrity and didn’t enjoy it at all. Their next cruise was with FO, selected solely for itinerary, and they loved it. They are now confirmed FO fans, after two more sailings and had three cruises booked which of course are now cancelled.
                  It is a good thing we are all different.
                  Sheila

Comment

Originally posted by smtcan, Scarborough View Post

I have not cruised with Fred, but our friends, Canadian, cruised with Celebrity and didn’t enjoy it at all. Their next cruise was with FO, selected solely for itinerary, and they loved it. They are now confirmed FO fans, after two more sailings and had three cruises booked which of course are now cancelled.
                    Sheila
                    Hi Sheila.
                    I agree,,,,thats why i wrote 'Of course that’s just my opinion.'

I do think though from what i see and hear it seems FO with its pricing is trying to position itself above Celebrity,P&O,Cunard.HAL and Royal Caribbean.
                    Maybe somewhere below Regent and Seaborne,,,,,,,along the likes of Azamara,Oceana and Viking maybe.

I personally dont believe its at that level,although some might.

JC

Comment

As some of you might have seen we have bit the bullet and booked around the world in 80 days 2023 smdespite saying we wouldn't be booking anything until cruising started up again and we could see how it went! We are happy with the price and the shorter itinerary suits us better. Waiting from Liverpiol with a chauffer to take us to the port is a bonus. We have sailed on plenty of bigger ships, RCI and MSC and higher standard, Regent and I think Fred's prices are fair for what you get. We have only done 2 with Fred but found little to complain about.

Comment

Originally posted by smtcan, Scarborough View Post

Sheila
                        Hi Sheila. I have cruised with Celebrity and although I enjoyed it (as I do all my cruises), I have since favoured Fred for 4 reasons.

1. Smaller ships

2. Super friendly crews that give a family atmosphere on board

3. Great food

4. More interesting itineraries.

I have looked at the Celebrity cruises from Southampton but none of them appeal. I have also been looking at Fred's latest offerings and I'm already interested in a couple of cruises for next year that are visiting ports that are new to Fred and that appeal to me.
                        Jill

Comment

Hi Sheila.
                          I agree,,,,thats why i wrote 'Of course that’s just my opinion.'

I do think though from what i see and hear it seems FO with its pricing is trying to position itself above Celebrity,P&O,Cunard.HAL and Royal Caribbean.
                          Maybe somewhere below Regent and Seaborne,,,,,,,along the likes of Azamara,Oceana and Viking maybe.

I personally dont believe its at that level,although some might.

JC
                          Hi JC

JMO I believe you are overthinking

You can't buck the market. If F&O pricing is out of kilter, people will not book - simple.

We all have our individual value price point - well I do.

Re general pricing levels, it may take until 2024 for the 'new' level to settle.

Annie

Comment

Hi all
                            Fred new ship Borealis from Liverpool ...8 nts Norwegian fiords.
                            Terrance Balcony.....£4600....6th Aug.

I have a Celebrity Reflection 12 day Baltic cruise booked,Hump Balcony,AI,,tips paid and WiFi....11th Aug...£3900.

Baltic cruise on Balmoral end of May,,from Newcastle,,14 nts Balcony with DP.....£8,200..Wow!!!!

Or a bit cheaper Baltic on Breamar from Rosyth,in July,,but no Stockholm,Helsinki,Copenhagen a bargain at £7800.

I’ll say no more.

JC
                            Last edited by jc, liverpool; 11th March 2021, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Thank you ...I rest my case .Do not think we will meet in Fred Olsen cruises lol !

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X