• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should schools be reopening without Covid testing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ev'n'clive, HENGOED View Post

So true Annie x xmas really did put a spoke in the wheel, and so annoying for those of us that have followed lockdown to the letter, really annoys me that because of the selfish I STILL cant see my sons and granddaughters...... ( DIL too obvs )
    Yes, us too. We have a son and DIL who live in Wales, about an hour and a quarter's drive from us but for most of the past year they may as well have been in Australia. It is extremely frustrating.

Comment

Just heard that my grandson has been sent home from school to isolate because one of his class mates has tested positive. Not a great start!

Comment

Originally posted by ev'n'clive, HENGOED View Post

So true Annie x xmas really did put a spoke in the wheel, and so annoying for those of us that have followed lockdown to the letter, really annoys me that because of the selfish I STILL cant see my sons and granddaughters...... ( DIL too obvs )
        I also spare a thought for 1st time mothers who live hundreds of miles away from their own parents - tough all round. In Scotland it is not permitted to cross LA boundaries.

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

I also spare a thought for 1st time mothers who live hundreds of miles away from their own parents - tough all round. In Scotland it is not permitted to cross LA boundaries.

Annie
          Not 100 miles or so that is seperating my granddaughter who is due to give birth on the 15th. to my great grandson.

She is panicking because my daughter, her mum, cannot go and see her until my other granddaughter, who still lives at home and is also 12 weeks pregnant and is having to self isolate until she (hopefully)
          gets a negative covid test result. Her workmate tested positive last Friday. They work at a childrens nursey, so problems all round.

She is very upset at having to miss her 12 week scan tomorrow. That can come next week though.

There is only a distance of 3/4 mile between the houses..... might as well be 1,000!

I've got everything crossed that things will turn out well for everyone.

Carol
          sigpic*Carol M*

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

Annie
            Hi Annie
            Luckily we are in a ‘carers’ bubble with my youngest daughter,,,,,,she carried my latest granddaughter all through lockdowns.
            She worked from home and attended work.

Last month she gave us this lovely little bundle of joy,,,they named her.........Annie!!!

2789C03B-E5C1-401D-B50B-8810DDF1603E.jpeg
            Luckily being in the bubble we can cuddle her.
            JC

C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
            "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
              Hi Annie
              Luckily we are in a ‘carers’ bubble with my youngest daughter,,,,,,she carried my latest granddaughter all through lockdowns.
              She worked from home and attended work.

Last month she gave us this lovely little bundle of joy,,,they named her.........Annie!!!

2789C03B-E5C1-401D-B50B-8810DDF1603E.jpeg
              Luckily being in the bubble we can cuddle her.
              JC
              Many congratulations JC.

My youngest sister's daughter gave birth to a little boy Alfie in November. Daughter lives in Aberdeenshire and she has no local family bubble to assist. It has been very hard on both my sister and her daughter.

Annie

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
              X