• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to do about those who refuse a vaccine?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our DIL a teacher in her mid 40’s who is shielding until end of March has her covid jab tomorrow, but today she has the first of a series of B12 jabs (?) at the doctors, three this week, three next week, then one every 3 months.

Unlike the Covid jab this one goes into the muscle and she said it’s not very nice, she must be like a pin cushion with her two a day diabetic injections.
    Last edited by Delboy, Essex; 1st March 2021, 11:52 AM.
    Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

I've got my letter, just got to book the appointment, which I will have to time. The amount of people I know who have had the Oxford one, and been really poorly after for a couple of days. Some of us, still work and look after others!! .................................................. ........Carol

Comment

Originally posted by carol, welwyn garden city View Post
        I've got my letter, just got to book the appointment, which I will have to time. The amount of people I know who have had the Oxford one, and been really poorly after for a couple of days. Some of us, still work and look after others!! .................................................. ........Carol
        My earliest(0.6miles away) was Thur this week and only part of 1hr in the morning was available, Friday 4-9pm available Sat most of the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
          Eligibility changed since 3:30 yesterday(28th feb) to 60+ today so get your appointment booked

https://www.nhs.uk/book-a-coronaviru...-an-nhs-number
          My wife tried this morning. They will only do 65+ in our area.

Comment

Seems to vary from one person to another. I had the Oxford jab with no problems whatever. Friends have had the Pfizer one and have been poorly.

Comment

Originally posted by PeterM, Southwell View Post

Seems to vary from one person to another. I had the Oxford jab with no problems whatever. Friends have had the Pfizer one and have been poorly.
              Now you follow the pattern Peter. The Covid App people carried out a very large study which showed the Oxford Jab is generally better tolerated.

Sometimes if someone has suffered side effects it can be attributed to possibly having had Covid 19. I think Helen may attest to that which is why the French now have the policy for those who can document they had covid, a single shot suffices.

All said and done choose between a few side effects or a hospital stay - no brainer JMO.

Annie

Comment

Don't be concerned Carol. We were def. ''off'' for 24hrs, but two friends who had the same jab hours before us, were fine. it's not either of the jabs, it's how one reacts to them. I took a positive view that the vaccine induced little antibodies racing around my system were finding their feet and making their presence felt.

Comment

Originally posted by PeterM, Southwell View Post

My wife tried this morning. They will only do 65+ in our area.

National guidelines 60+ now
                  https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/corona...virus-vaccine/

on the booking page page try a different nearby post code

I got a list from 0.5miles to 25miles must have been 30+ locations to choose from

Comment

Hi carol x clive had the AZ jab and he had no side effects at all, in fact an hour after he had it I asked how he was feeling, he looked at me a bit weird,, ( must be because I never ask usually ) and said he had forgotten he had it..... I had the pfzier jab and was much the same x just sit back and enjoy x

Comment

My youngest daughter works in what is probably termed as a bio-tech industry. Staff in the labs have to be qualified and experienced, but even some of her colleagues are saying that they will reuse the vaccination. They should really know better!

BTW, it is clinical staff in the NHS who have to have the Hep B jab. I didn't have to have anything during the years that I had an office job.
                      2018-
                      Queen Victoria - Mediterranean Explorer

2019 -
                      NCL Getaway - Norway and Iceland
                      Adventure of the Seas - Fall Foliage

2020 -
                      Jewel of the Seas - Abu Dhabi & Dubai
                      Magellan - Panama Canal

Comment

Don't fret about it Carol, you could be fine afterwards.........being a bit younger than some of us!

Any transient after effects are nothing compared to the relief of having the jab.

Having read different things, I’m not quite sure how long after the jab that immunity starts building up. I’ve seen 2 /3 /4 weeks.............

Comment

I had the AZ jab almost 3 weeks ago with no ill effects whatever. I had mine at my doctor's surgery, a 15 minute walk from my home. My wife's was the Pfizer vaccine which was at a health centre 10 miles away that has the necessary refrigeration equipment. But we were lucky it seems. My wife's 2 sisters and brother in law all had round trips of 60+ miles, to Bath, Oxford and Andover.

Comment

Originally posted by Yogini, Waterlooville View Post
                            My youngest daughter works in what is probably termed as a bio-tech industry. Staff in the labs have to be qualified and experienced, but even some of her colleagues are saying that they will reuse the vaccination. They should really know better!

BTW, it is clinical staff in the NHS who have to have the Hep B jab. I didn't have to have anything during the years that I had an office job.
                            it is not even compulsory for all clinical staff.

many trusts say they follow the guidelines from the green book.

https://assets.publishing.service.go...Chapter-12.pdf

Comment

Thank you for the encouragement guys.

If I can't go on holiday by the end of the year, even with having had the vaccine, I will feel very cheated!! .................................................. ..Carol

Comment

Thank you for the encouragement guys.

If I can't go on holiday by the end of the year, even with having had the vaccine, I will feel very cheated!! .................................................. ..Carol
                                So will I Carol but I am forever hopeful.
                                Jill

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                                best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                                agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                                X