• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To Book a Cruise ???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have Aurora booked for June and Bolette for October, and I am not holding my breath as a covid free ship must be absolutely guaranteed before sailing, I think that a hard to forge Covid passport is a good idea after all it seems simple enough to produce a bank card with a hologram, there are also a lot of unknowns like how risky are the ports, will they allow passengers ashore? and if passengers are allowed ashore will we be restricted to certain areas, I for one don't want to visit a country which hasn't beaten covid.
    Our jab was for the standard British Covid (If there is one) and if there is the slightest chance of contracting another variant we should not sail to that country until its proven safe

Comment

Originally posted by PropShaft, Palatine of Lancashire View Post
      We have Aurora booked for June and Bolette for October, and I am not holding my breath as a covid free ship must be absolutely guaranteed before sailing, I think that a hard to forge Covid passport is a good idea after all it seems simple enough to produce a bank card with a hologram, there are also a lot of unknowns like how risky are the ports, will they allow passengers ashore? and if passengers are allowed ashore will we be restricted to certain areas, I for one don't want to visit a country which hasn't beaten covid.
      Our jab was for the standard British Covid (If there is one) and if there is the slightest chance of contracting another variant we should not sail to that country until its proven safe
      Can't see how we could have vaccine passports this year. Country opens up in June, yet vaccinations won't be completed until end of July. Those still waiting for vaccination will be mostly those that will be serving you in shops and hospitality. So how can you have a passport to let you in but the staff haven't been vaccinated. Plus most people will still only have had one jab, is that enough for a passport?

Comment

A covid free country - Australia and NZ. You will be subject to a 14 day mandatory quarantine and I heard a government minister say they are content just to have a travel bubble for just those two countries in the interim.

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
          Hi John
          Same here we have a Baltic cruise booked for August,,,,final payment due middle of June.
          Just playing the waiting game,,I won’t be doing a mystery cruise though.and it will depend on Amsterdam being open for flights.

ps,we can have a meeting in St Petersburg comrade,,,,,it would be my home game!!

JC
          Perhaps we can meet on the quayside by the cruiser Aurora, which as I am sure you know, fired the blank shot at the Winter Palace giving the signal to the rebellious workers, soldiers and sailors of the city to storm the palace and which started the revolution.

2013 - Cruise, Baltic d) St Petersburg-143.JPG
          Cruiser Aurora moored alongside on the River Neva

Or perhaps outside one of these charming residences which would be our lot if the crew of HMS Belfast on the River Thames could be persuaded to fire a blank shot at Buck House.

2013 - Cruise, Baltic d) St Petersburg-001.JPG
          Apartment blocks seen from the cruise terminal. First view of Russia

Comment

We've got a long standing cruise booked for September. We will go if it sails (meant to be Fjords) even it's seven sea days unless we can't get travel insurance due to OH due for more surgery. If we can get affordable cover and the ship is sailing, we will go .
            BIG SHIPS, little ships, small world

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy, Essex View Post

We are the same as you in regards to our long standing Norway cruise in June 2021, have decided definitely not to go. We do not have to pay balance until 30 days prior to sailing on this cruise, If P&O cancel before, we will definitely ask for refund of deposit, if not will either move booking to a 2022 date or take a hit on loosing deposit, but have decided will not be cruising in 2021.
              Our intentions also re a June Baltic. We are not convinnced it will be on but we will not be on it anyway. As time has gone on it is probabaly a refund now if they cancel, or lost deposit if it goes ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by smtcan, Scarborough View Post

I doubt if Caribbean cruises would be popular in the summer months, at least with North American cruisers. So many parts of US and even Canada are oppressively hot in the summer that cruising to an even hotter places would have little appeal. There would probably not be enough European cruisers to fill many of the ships.
                If sailings resume, I would expect the ships to be moved to Europe as soon as possible.

Sheila
                Sheila, we’ve done a few from the States in the summer and they are rammed with Americans. The hotter the better, it’s been a tough winter 🙂

Comment

Originally posted by JohnR, Chippenham View Post
                  Perhaps we can meet on the quayside by the cruiser Aurora, which as I am sure you know, fired the blank shot at the Winter Palace giving the signal to the rebellious workers, soldiers and sailors of the city to storm the palace and which started the revolution.

Or perhaps outside one of these charming residences which would be our lot if the crew of HMS Belfast on the River Thames could be persuaded to fire a blank shot at Buck House.

Hi John
                  Didnt you see this?.........
                  z-XAjup8Za4v8HeXX3zjzId3QYonyaqKBCTNrPvxNjaLn8UPMkg00sruvoT9APQincpy_k-IHo23LnR_RqTUHfJZemUELi5wAe0yB70O1tMomAflo3Pe_dObeGHQYvDQpPyO0L7iQc_fV1QuF5S_4xWyuxEHVKXEeR-OEl5h1nkkvY7lHPF9zmeNeYIMTBvQBOJyHGhAiShqKl5RQvuNm8SN4Rdz2EsPhN4Y6UTdVErWp6c9rGvhgNQrvPCGuc6
                  ps Last time i was there (2018) the Aurora was in dry dock for an expected 2 yrs for a spruce up,,you could actually see it in the dock as you sail out of port.

pps,I could think of better uses for Buck House than what its used for now.

JC

C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
                  "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Spot on Andyn
                    All crew must be vaccinated for passengers to be properly safe, we have not seen our children and grandchildren since Covid came and we isolate properly, and yet I see pic's in the paper where people are already acting like Covid is over, Boris's talk of lifting will give a green light to the younger end and as you say how can restrictions be lifted before everybody is vaccinated? we have come so far I hope he dosn't blow it again

Comment

Originally posted by JohnR, Chippenham View Post

One kitchen between 4 apartments

Comment

One kitchen between 4 apartments
                        Hi PS
                        Thats not strictly true,,,,talking to the guide about those ugly apartments in St Petersburg the reality is people don’t rent/buy apartments like we do,,but because of poverty the family will rent/buy rooms in one apartment...you could have 2/3 families renting or buying one apartment.
                        Hence one kitchen in one apartment shared between several families.

The rentier classes now in Russia sees money in buying and renting apartments (just like here) but to buy an apartment they have to buy out all the families,,,,resulting in deadly violence towards one family who refuses,,,,,like most of the working classes the world over they never realise that it’s sticking together that will pay the dividends of rising prices.

Its that bad that if one family wants to sell the head of the family must take a test to show they are not drunk before signing.
                        Some would sell their flat for a bottle of Vodka.

JC
                        C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
                        "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Having been on the verge of booking recently and knowing what I know now. I wont book until there is some lifting of the restrictions
                          • Covid test before boarding
                          • Temperature checks everyday
                          • Booking a slot to use the pool
                          • Book a slot for the entertainment and I assume that includes in the lounges as well as theatre
                          • Only allowed ashore on one of their tours in a bubble
                          • Buffet with restricted service and cant help yourself
                          • Tables for two only in MDR
                          I'd happily sail on a ship to nowhere but providing I have the freedom to go where I want, when I want and not have to plan my day and evening out in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Bradbury, Coventry View Post
                            Having been on the verge of booking recently and knowing what I know now. I wont book until there is some lifting of the restrictions
                            • Covid test before boarding
                            • Temperature checks everyday
                            • Booking a slot to use the pool
                            • Book a slot for the entertainment and I assume that includes in the lounges as well as theatre
                            • Only allowed ashore on one of their tours in a bubble
                            • Buffet with restricted service and cant help yourself
                            • Tables for two only in MDR
                            I'd happily sail on a ship to nowhere but providing I have the freedom to go where I want, when I want and not have to plan my day and evening out in advance.
                            I understand what you are saying but a realistic timeline - 6/12 months - only guessing.

I note masks are not mentioned so you are happy to wear them on board?? just asking.

The reason for my caution is that are new contagious variants still evolving - we just have to look across the pond for the evidence.

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

I understand what you are saying but a realistic timeline - 6/12 months - only guessing.

I note masks are not mentioned so you are happy to wear them on board?? just asking.

The reason for my caution is that are new contagious variants still evolving - we just have to look across the pond for the evidence.

Annie
                              IMG-20210224-WA0000.jpg

It's a straw in the wind at the moment but the sort that gets my attention. Masks are a red line for me - one of them at least. I don't envisage cruising this year but maybe 2022.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X