• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To Book a Cruise ???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To Book a Cruise ???

We are looking to book a cruise in Aurora in August .But as yet there are no protocols in place .Firstly how will it work going by coach ?Are face masks going to be compulsory?, and if so why if everyone has been vaccinated.Are shows going to have to be booked ? Can one just walk into a quiz without booking ?Not to mention getting off in Norway and walking around on our own . So what is the point of all these amazing offers without knowing the rules ?

Originally posted by gloandgeoff, Manchester View Post
    We are looking to book a cruise in Aurora in August .But as yet there are no protocols in place .Firstly how will it work going by coach ?Are face masks going to be compulsory?, and if so why if everyone has been vaccinated.Are shows going to have to be booked ? Can one just walk into a quiz without booking ?Not to mention getting off in Norway and walking around on our own . So what is the point of all these amazing offers without knowing the rules ?
    There are many out there who will gladly book a cruise to nowhere if that's what the itineraries end up as and will be happy to comply with any protocols put in place for the safety of passengers.

We are two of the many. Bottom line, if you're not sure, don't book. Others who will be happy to comply, will take up the offers.

Comment

Forget it for now you don't have a clue what you are booking and no one can tell you as no one knows yet.

I started thinking about looking a while back for later in the year but did not get far.

Might try a little harder for something Nov & Dec pencil in a Transatlantic and a Xmas but won't be booking, I expecting we may know more by end of June

Comment

Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
        Forget it for now you don't have a clue what you are booking and no one can tell you as no one knows yet.

I started thinking about looking a while back for later in the year but did not get far.

Might try a little harder for something Nov & Dec pencil in a Transatlantic and a Xmas but won't be booking, I expecting we may know more by end of June
        My thoughts too. Nobody even knows which, if any, countries will allow cruise ships to berth, and organised excursions only seems to be on the cards. It all depends on what you as an individual expect from a cruise. I think one thing is certain. It won't be the same as it was for a long time, if ever.

Comment

I agree, who knows what restrictions will be in place once the main cruise lines are able to start sailing?

I currently have nothing booked and will not even be looking for at least the next six months.

Comment

Originally posted by gloandgeoff, Manchester View Post
            It depends if you are happy to do a mystery cruise!

We have got a longstanding Baltic booked in August but unless everything is known and we will get what we signed up for we wont pay the balance in May when it is due. We will ask for our deposit to be refunded or will transfer the booking to a 2022 date.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnR, Chippenham View Post

We have got a longstanding Baltic booked in August but unless everything is known and we will get what we signed up for we wont pay the balance in May when it is due. We will ask for our deposit to be refunded or will transfer the booking to a 2022 date.
              We are the same as you in regards to our long standing Norway cruise in June 2021, have decided definitely not to go. We do not have to pay balance until 30 days prior to sailing on this cruise, If P&O cancel before, we will definitely ask for refund of deposit, if not will either move booking to a 2022 date or take a hit on loosing deposit, but have decided will not be cruising in 2021.
              Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

There is an old Yorkshire saying:- When in doubt, do nowt.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnR, Chippenham View Post

Hi John
                  Same here we have a Baltic cruise booked for August,,,,final payment due middle of June.
                  Just playing the waiting game,,I won’t be doing a mystery cruise though.and it will depend on Amsterdam being open for flights.

ps,we can have a meeting in St Petersburg comrade,,,,,it would be my home game!!

JC
                  C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
                  "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Haven't bothered even looking just yet. However a TA might be a good option for later this year, not too many concerns about ports or excursions

Comment

Originally posted by andyn, Bucks View Post

Haven't bothered even looking just yet. However a TA might be a good option for later this year, not too many concerns about ports or excursions
                      Good idea but with possibly a couple of caveats :

1.How many ships will travel east earlier in the year
                      2. Will cruises with a duration of longer than 7 days be permitted.

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

Annie
                        Plenty of ships parked here in Europe to do westbound TA's if America/Caribbean opens up so they need their ships back.

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

Annie
                          Hi Annie
                          Thats the big if.....for ships now anchored off Florida.

The Reflection and Silhouette are open for bookings sailing in May.
                          But Celebrity is closed until 30th April,,,,no transatlantics showing.
                          First sailing for Reflection from Amsterdam is 5th May,,a RB cruise,,is UK going to be open then.are they going to sail them across empty.

Same with Silhouette first sailing from Southampton on 8th May.

Will the likes of Celebrity take a chance on Europe opening or relocate these ships to 7 nt Caribbean sailings.

JC
                          Last edited by jc, liverpool; 24th February 2021, 01:26 PM.
                          C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
                          "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
                            Hi Annie

First sailing for Reflection from Amsterdam is 5th May,,a RB cruise,,is UK going to be open then.are they going to sail them across empty.

Will the likes of Celebrity take a chance on Europe opening or relocate these ships to 7 nt Caribbean sailings.

JC
                            Hi JC

Have they conducted the Test Cruises yet??

JMO, I think the big 3 cruise lines are a tad dishonest if May cruises are still available for purchase.

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
                              Hi Annie

JC
                              I doubt if Caribbean cruises would be popular in the summer months, at least with North American cruisers. So many parts of US and even Canada are oppressively hot in the summer that cruising to an even hotter places would have little appeal. There would probably not be enough European cruisers to fill many of the ships.
                              If sailings resume, I would expect the ships to be moved to Europe as soon as possible.

Sheila

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X