• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone had their refund yet for a cancelled in July MSC cruise which was due to sail September 2020 ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone had their refund yet for a cancelled in July MSC cruise which was due to sail September 2020 ?

Hello all , been a while since I have been on this forum. I have searched for any existing posts/threads but couldn’t find one .

Our 2nd Sept. 2020 cruise was cancelled in July 2020 and we immediately opted for full refund . I knew already MSC’s policy of issuing refunds up-to 120 days AFTER sail date regardless of date cruise was cancelled so we patiently waited it out . I know for fact since at least 6th January 21 the funds have been with cruise.co and was just wondering if anyone who had a cancelled Sept. 20 cruise had their money back yet.
    In our e.mail it stated that due to staffing issues refunds are being done in sail date order and we should have our money back by April !!!

I have been as patient as can be and lord knows none of us are going anywhere soon but think this is ridiculous for a refund to take so long . Surely it is a matter of reconciling a booking reference , cross reference funds have been returned and input the details on a computer or am I missing something ?

cheers !
    RCI cruises - Legend (2), Voyager (2), Explorer (1), Splendour(2), Brilliance (7), Radiance (1), Jewel (3),Serenade (1), Navigator (7), Sovereign (1), Independence (6), Vision (3). Adventure (6).Monarch (1), Liberty (2)

Celebrity- Mercury, Millennium, Infinity ,Constellation

Princess- Golden

Thompson- Celebration

Island cruises- Island Escape

I'm sorry, I can't help, although I booked through Cruise.co.uk, my refunds came direct from the cruise lines.

A couple of years ago I had a cruise cancelled (due to ships engine failure) and Cruise.co.uk paid me back really quickly. All I can suggest is you ring them, some of the agents are working and they should be able to help. Hope you hear something soon .................................................. ....Carol

Comment

I suspect travel agents are keeping refunds from cruise lines in their own accounts as long as possible to help with their cash flow.

Comment

My refunds have mostly come in reasonable time, both direct and from travel agents. The refund from RCI for a cancelled cruise last May did take a long time, but I expected that as it was early on. I was quite amused by receiving cheques from Cunard and P&O though.
        2018-
        Queen Victoria - Mediterranean Explorer

2019 -
        NCL Getaway - Norway and Iceland
        Adventure of the Seas - Fall Foliage

2020 -
        Jewel of the Seas - Abu Dhabi & Dubai
        Magellan - Panama Canal

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys.
          I will give Cruise.co one more week then will consider taking them to court through small claims .
          RCI cruises - Legend (2), Voyager (2), Explorer (1), Splendour(2), Brilliance (7), Radiance (1), Jewel (3),Serenade (1), Navigator (7), Sovereign (1), Independence (6), Vision (3). Adventure (6).Monarch (1), Liberty (2)

Celebrity- Mercury, Millennium, Infinity ,Constellation

Princess- Golden

Thompson- Celebration

Island cruises- Island Escape

Comment

Originally posted by swintontraveller, Swinton View Post
            I will give Cruise.co one more week then will consider taking them to court through small claims .
            Good luck, but I would still badger them by phone as going the legal route won't be quick. I had a similar issue with Iglu and a phone threat of legal action resulted in an immediate payment after months of waiting.

Comment

Hi ST. When I used to use the Small Claims Court route many moons ago ,It was a requirement that you had to put 10% of the claim amount into court....I have no idea if that still applies. It was often a case of throwing good money after bad...best of luck.Stan .

Comment

Perhaps write to the CEO at the registered address of the company?

Comment

My 1st April 20 cruise was cancelled and I eventually received my refund from cruise dot on July 9th. If you paid by credit card then you can try going down that route. Good luck.
                  don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                  best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                  agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                  X