• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Falmouth to host the 2021 Tall ships first leg again!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Falmouth to host the 2021 Tall ships first leg again!!

Great news for Falmouth, we are to hold the 1st leg of the Tall ships again next year., it's such a lovely sight , to see all the different nationalities and youngsters on these beautigl sailing ships, especislly with their sails all out and blowing.

I was aboard my son's tug when we watched the last one sail to Lisbon the Mexican sailors climbed the rigging and manned a the yardarms it was a great sight . All these youngsters mannng and crewing all these old sailing ship a great opportunity for them.

Its a great opportunity for Falmouth and I bet the hotels and shop keepers will be pleased to make up their losses of this year somthing to look forward to.The old Saga Ruby was in Falmouth and took her passengers behind them down to Lisbon. . fingers crossed! all will come to good !!!

sigpic

Good luck Falmouth. I think we should assume that it is unlikely the port will welcome all the different nationalities unless a reliable vaccine appears by magic.

Comment

I agree . we have to keep out finger crossed something turns up , at least its a little ray of sunshine on the horizen
      sigpic

Comment

The ships look beautiful, and will be a magnificent sight ...........................................Carol

Comment

New York City hosted the Tall Ships back on the 4th of July 1976. It was an amazing sight for us, but unfortunate my friends and I were squeezed out of our places by people with sharper elbows than we were prepared to deal with.

Take care and stay well. Helen⛵️

Comment

It'a a wonderful sight & Falmouth is a lovely place to host it.

I remember the first time I saw them in Newcastle in 1976, a great sight. I also remember thinking it was such a shame that there was so little along the Quayside for the million people who visited it, even the Queen came! There were just a few market stalls & some children's fairground rides, at night it was dark & dingy with all the old warehouses.
            Now it's a whole different picture with a huge number of restaurants, bars etc on the Newcastle side & across the Milennium Bridge the Sage music centre & Baltic Centre for Contemporary Art. A totally different place.

It will bring much needed cash into the area along with a huge number of tourists to deal with. Hope we are managing to deal with this blinking virus by then.

Comment

I have attended about 4 tall ships events in Falmouth , the first one when my youngest son was 4/5 [he's 43 now] it's amaxing , they close the main thoroughfare in the town , and it is filled with a mass of visitors milling around, all good for the hispitality business,plus shops etc. . The sight of those lovely old sailing ships unfurling thier sails and then gliding off out nto the sea is breathaking, the Russian ship the Sedov took the lead the last time, and it was also a beautiful day, with all sorts of boats bobbing about, [ I was spent the day on bard my sons Tug birds eye view] If you have never seen these wonderful ships you don't know what you are missing .. They have groups singing sea shanties all over the waterfront it is a wonderful atmosphere. [ we also have a week in Falmouth where we have a Sea Shanty festival, groups from all over over come , I am so glad I live in Falmouth there is always festivals mainly to do with sea going on.
              Last edited by cornish girl, falmouth; Yesterday, 09:39 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
              X