• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For All Members: House Rules Reminder

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For All Members: House Rules Reminder

Hi all,

I've noticed things have been heating up this week on one thread in particular, which has now been deleted, and thought it would be appropriate to remind you all of a couple of House Rules.

1. While debating and discussion is encouraged, we will not tolerate rudeness; insulting posts; personal attacks; or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters. If we notice continuing arguments in a thread, members will be warned and potentially banned should it continue. Forum users should report posts they believe to be a breach of the rules.

3. Please try to post threads in the correct sections. Threads posted in incorrect forums will get a lower response - so it is in your own interest. And it'll save a lot of work for the moderator. The off-topic lounge is a place for you talk about anything but cruising. If you don't want to chat about cruising, this is the place to go.

To elaborate on rule 1, I cannot stress enough that rudeness towards other members will not be tolerated. If you are continuously rude in threads then the appropriate action will be taken. Whilst rule 3 is also self-explanatory, please do keep threads in the right place and avoid going off in a completely different direction of what the original poster intended.

May I add, especially under the current circumstances we find ourselves in, we see citizens from countries all over the world coming together to strengthen our unity which is truly inspirational. We already have great unity and compassion on this Forum, let's not ruin it and take an unnecessary step back when everyone else seems to be taking a step forwards.

Amar

Thank you Amar, a wise and timely reminder

John

Comment

Originally posted by Haworth, Wokingham View Post
      Thank you Amar, a wise and timely reminder

John
      Well said.

Last edited by Mrs M; 21st May 2020, 01:09 PM. Reason: started a new thread with cut stuff

Comment

Absolutely!

Take care and stay well. Helen

Comment

Thanks Amar. I think that needed to be said.
          Jill

Comment

What was the thread about that got pulled? I missed it.
            See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

Hi Amar
              Two things.
              (1) Have you issued this warning off your own back (I imagine you would be very busy at this mad time),,or was you pushed into it by others......I would suggest it may be the latter.

(2) Why pull a thread,why not just close it,,,,,some members sometimes like to reference past posts to enhance current or future thinking.

Bye
              JC
              C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
              "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm, Essex View Post
                What was the thread about that got pulled? I missed it.
                Yes, what did I miss?
                www.wansbroughs-cruise-blog.me.uk

Comment

Well said Amar. We need to get back to being the friendly, welcoming and informative cruise forum.
                  don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Was enjoying it

seen a lot worse

Comment

Originally posted by andyn, Bucks View Post
                      Was enjoying it

seen a lot worse
                      Was it a popcorn moment for you?

Bill

Lawnmowerman

Comment

Our decision is final in these matters.

It's not hard to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Lawnmowerman, Tain View Post

Was it a popcorn moment for you?

Bill
                          No popcorn in the local shop, but I did manage to get their remaining stock of large bags of Spicy Nik Naks

Comment

Originally posted by andyn, Bucks View Post

No popcorn in the local shop, but I did manage to get their remaining stock of large bags of Spicy Nik Naks
                            Oh no - personally I don't like either

Bill

Lawnmowerman

Comment

Well said Amar, I think I know the thread to which you refer to as I can no longer find it, I was tempted to add a couple of self opinions to it but felt it was becoming insulting, abusive and downright nasty at times so I steered clear of it.

We should all be free to post our thoughts/opinions without fear of it becoming personal and it's good to know admin are taking an active part in the forum to ensure this doesn't happen.

Thank you.
                              Jo

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X