• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fort Lauderdale to Miami Airport Transfers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fort Lauderdale to Miami Airport Transfers

Hello!

I am new to this forum so forgive me if I'm asking something that has been asked before! I will be sailing on Celebrity Edge from Fort Lauderdale next week, and looking to book a transfer from the cruise port to Miami Airport, where I have a day room booked in an airport hotel as I have a late flight.

I would appreciate any recommendations for private car transfers, ideally a meet and greet type service that will be waiting for me at the terminal, as for reasons of disability, I really don't want tro have a call a car on arrival or have to go hunting for wherever it may be parked.

Any advice and recommendations would be very much appreciated - TIA!

We have done the same thing for the last couple of years, and will be doing so again in a few weeks. Even if you pre-book, you still have to call the company to tell them you have disembarked have gone through baggage reclaim and customs etc. Because you can never be sure exactly what time you'll be ready for pick up, you can't really expect a driver to just sit and wait for you. I'm fairly sure the port authorities won't allow that anyway because of port congestion. Don't forget, yours may not be the only ship disembarking on the same day. I think we used someone called "Wingz" last year, and Hoppa.com the year before. I'm not sure who we have this year. Don't worry about having to go searching for your car because the driver will come right to the front of the building. There is some, fairly limited seating available while you wait. Obviously I don't know the extent of your disability, but if it's any consolation, my wife has a disability which means she can't stand up for long, and we managed OK. Of the two we've used so far, Wingz were better. We even had a text from them with a photo of the driver and his car. Good luck, and hope you enjoy your cruise.

Comment

• Macmulberry, Renfrew
      Editing a comment
      Thank you so much for that very helpful advice - that is just the type of info I was hoping for! I am visually impaired so the standing is not an issue, it’s being able to find my car that makes me apprehensive, so thanks for that reassurance. Best wishes for your next holiday!

If you Google Airport transfers Fort Lauderdale to Miami they will bring up options.

Comment

• Macmulberry, Renfrew
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, although I have already done that but was hoping for some recommendations here.

Have tried to reply, but it hasn't been approved. Will try again as we have done just what you are doing for the last two years, and are doing so again in a few weeks.

Comment

We done the Miami / Fort Lauderdale connection last April and found that Uber was the best available (and cheapest). It can be done by logging onto the airport WiFi as you pick up your luggage. Our very clean and large vehicle was waiting for us as we exited the terminal. However, from a meet and greet perspective, you’re better looking at Hoppa or holiday taxis. Btw, both offer discounts via topcashback. For information, Fort Lauderdale is a lovely sail away

Comment

• Macmulberry, Renfrew
        Editing a comment
        Thank you - I will check out all of those options!

We have also used Hoppa, but found Wingz better.

Comment

Glad to be of help. You didn't mention which hotel you're using at the airport, but if it's the Pullman you won't be disappointed.

Comment

• Macmulberry, Renfrew
          Editing a comment
          It is indeed the Pullman - looks lovely, and it’s good to have a recommendation from a fellow cruiser!

We use cookies to give you the
      best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
      agree to our cookie policy

Working...
      X