• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nationwide Travel Insurance FlexAccount Warning

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nationwide Travel Insurance FlexAccount Warning

Hi All

NW processed pension payments payable on 1st July early on 30th June.

As a result, NW has issued letters advising clients they may no longer be eligible for free travel insurance if they do not meet the monthly minimum funding criteria going forward. If you are disqualified, you won't be able to requalify again.

Just a heads up in case you receive such a letter. I did and phoned them and quote they said it 'was a bit of an error on their part.'

Annie

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post
    Hi All

NW processed pension payments payable on 1st July early on 30th June.

As a result, NW has issued letters advising clients they may no longer be eligible for free travel insurance if they do not meet the monthly minimum funding criteria going forward. If you are disqualified, you won't be able to requalify again.

Just a heads up in case you receive such a letter. I did and phoned them and quote they said it 'was a bit of an error on their part.'

Annie
    Not sure if that's the one I used, UK Insurance. Had them with Nat West, Santander and Nationwide, not exactly loyal when they cancelled my wife's insurance because of her op.

Comment

My Nationwide insurance has been brilliant. I had it for many years and then I had 2 accidents. They then paid out twice, in full (minus excess) on both occasions. BUT I make sure the minimum payment in happens in the middle of the month. The money must come from outside their system . I read of one case where the account holder had a tenant who paid the rent into this account, but also from a NW account, and so the insurance was not valid. Small print is everything, these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Embarco, Oadby View Post
        My Nationwide insurance has been brilliant. I had it for many years and then I had 2 accidents. They then paid out twice, in full (minus excess) on both occasions. BUT I make sure the minimum payment in happens in the middle of the month. The money must come from outside their system . I read of one case where the account holder had a tenant who paid the rent into this account, but also from a NW account, and so the insurance was not valid. Small print is everything, these days.
        Had to fly home early from a big game fishing holiday, they paid for the extra flight but wouldn't pay for the lost fishing days, only paid for unused food and accommodation, said the days fishing were "excursions" which they didn't pay for. Told them it was an inclusive package, not excursions but they wouldn't budge, lost about £1,000 on that.

Comment

Yes, this seems unfair. The cruises I cancelled have all the excursions included in the fare and obviously all were unused, but Nationwide paid what was on the cancellation invoice. Again it seems a matter of definition, and small print.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
          best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
          agree to our cookie policy

Working...
          X