• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Renewing travel insurance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Renewing travel insurance

    Hi all
    Received a renewal notice yesterday for my travel insurance with Staysure.
    A couple of things.
    When I renewed last year they gave me an extra 3 months free.
    This came in handy because it covers my cruise in a week or so,,,it was still expensive to cover one trip.

    This new renewal also gives me an extra 3 months going until end December 2022.
    Also the price is frozen at the price I paid 15 months ago,,,also for the first time I don’t have to re- submit my pre- meds form as long as nothing has changed since last time.
    Another new thing is the policy doesn’t start until the day I book a holiday/cruise.

    It also includes a much enhanced (they say) Covid cover.

    Not cheap,but with my history I don’t expect it to be.

    Anybody getting back into looking at insurance?
    I think my next trip after Oct 1st may be P&O Iona with 6 friends in February,,,,,so insurance won’t kick in until I book it,,,,so the cover could run until 2023.

    JC
    C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
    "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

    #2
    Just let our Barclays cover through the bank carry on, made it a bit pricy, did cover a our UK trips and includes RAC.

    Comment


      #3
      Just had a review of our annual insurance with the bank. No problem at all. Trips covered for yet another year.

      Comment


        #4
        tried for a quote for ins. yesterday with a company I have used for the last five years, ( they were offering a 15% discount ) spent a while putting all the rubbish in ( nothing has changed healthwise ) and it came back " no quotes " I dont know if this is because I dont want it till Nov. or because its yearly.... any thoughts people?

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
          Hi all
          Received a renewal notice yesterday for my travel insurance with Staysure.
          A couple of things.
          When I renewed last year they gave me an extra 3 months free.
          This came in handy because it covers my cruise in a week or so,,,it was still expensive to cover one trip.

          This new renewal also gives me an extra 3 months going until end December 2022.
          Also the price is frozen at the price I paid 15 months ago,,,also for the first time I don’t have to re- submit my pre- meds form as long as nothing has changed since last time.
          Another new thing is the policy doesn’t start until the day I book a holiday/cruise.

          It also includes a much enhanced (they say) Covid cover.

          Not cheap,but with my history I don’t expect it to be.

          Anybody getting back into looking at insurance?
          I think my next trip after Oct 1st may be P&O Iona with 6 friends in February,,,,,so insurance won’t kick in until I book it,,,,so the cover could run until 2023.

          JC
          We’ve used staysure many times and find their prices very competitive.

          I took out a staysure policy for my cancelled QE cruise but as it covers me for 15 months it will take in my Oct Ventura cruise as well as two cruises booked for next year. Great value and it will be even better value if I receive the same renewal as you have JC.
          don't want to work, just want to cruise.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by ev'n'clive, HENGOED View Post
            tried for a quote for ins. yesterday with a company I have used for the last five years, ( they were offering a 15% discount ) spent a while putting all the rubbish in ( nothing has changed healthwise ) and it came back " no quotes " I dont know if this is because I dont want it till Nov. or because its yearly.... any thoughts people?
            Maybe as you want a yearly policy but Nov might just be outside their start date for policy’s to begin. Try again with a date nearer and see what happens.
            don't want to work, just want to cruise.

            Comment


              #7
              thank you sweetheart x I did wonder about that

              Comment


                #8
                We too changed to Staysure this year. I had previously been with insure and go for at least the past 15 years or more but their covid cover was I thought very poor. I too got the 3 m extension and the extra gold cruise cover. I did annual because the cost to cover just a 3 nights seacation was in the region of £80 so thought why not have a whole years worth for approx £200

                What I dont understand is your comment about the policy wont start until you book a holiday, how does that work, in the sense you have bought and paid for a policy with I pressume a start date but if you dont book a holiday at all within the term what happens then and if you book it in 9 months time then do you have the ful 15 months plus the 9 months?

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Bradbury, Coventry View Post
                  We too changed to Staysure this year. I had previously been with insure and go for at least the past 15 years or more but their covid cover was I thought very poor. I too got the 3 m extension and the extra gold cruise cover. I did annual because the cost to cover just a 3 nights seacation was in the region of £80 so thought why not have a whole years worth for approx £200

                  What I dont understand is your comment about the policy wont start until you book a holiday, how does that work, in the sense you have bought and paid for a policy with I pressume a start date but if you dont book a holiday at all within the term what happens then and if you book it in 9 months time then do you have the ful 15 months plus the 9 months?
                  Hi Bradbury
                  I think it’s Staysure answer for those who signed up for annual insurance but because of Covid never needed/used it,,I think that’s why the extra 3 months was given last year.

                  32007623-E128-4EF0-B7CE-AA9BA71630AA.jpeg
                  My new policy runs 1/10/21 to 31/12/22.
                  I image what that wording means is if I book a cruise on 1/1/22 the policy will then run to 31/3/23.
                  JC
                  Last edited by jc, liverpool; 10th September 2021, 02:34 PM.
                  C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
                  "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    OK I get it, so you buy the renewal policy - pay upfront but dont activate it until you book a holiday. Pretty good idea.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Bradbury, Coventry View Post
                      OK I get it, so you buy the renewal policy - pay upfront but dont activate it until you book a holiday. Pretty good idea.
                      Hi Bradbury
                      By the way….
                      My policy is more than double the £200 yours cost,,,,,and that’s only for Europe.

                      Pricing a policy for a Transatlantic or Caribbean the policy costs more than the cruise.

                      Tip,,,,don’t get Diabetes or have a CABG……Stay healthy!!!

                      JC
                      C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
                      "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        I have to admit I'm pretty lapse when it comes to insurance, I have an annual one with my bank, no ailments so just let it do it's job.

                        The bank has just changed insurers so I did read through the new terms, and one thing on there was, if I was on holiday and the Country went into Red, I wouldn't be covered if I tried to get home before the deadline. I hadn't thought about that, and didn't expect the insurance to pay out any way. Do some peoples insurance cover them for that? ..................................Carol

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by carol, welwyn garden city View Post
                          I have to admit I'm pretty lapse when it comes to insurance, I have an annual one with my bank, no ailments so just let it do it's job.

                          The bank has just changed insurers so I did read through the new terms, and one thing on there was, if I was on holiday and the Country went into Red, I wouldn't be covered if I tried to get home before the deadline. I hadn't thought about that, and didn't expect the insurance to pay out any way. Do some peoples insurance cover them for that? ..................................Carol
                          My insurance company, staysure, is the same.
                          don't want to work, just want to cruise.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            We have annual travel insurance via our bank account (RBS) but did not take out the pre existing condition cover this year.- they suggested we do this. I’ll need to phone them to find out what the position is with re booked holidays cancelled from learlier this year.1st one is coming up at the end of next month.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              We have free annual insurance with the bank with a reasonable premium to cover medical conditions. We suspended it last year as we had nothing booked but have now reinstated it at the same price. We are fully covered for our cruise in February but will have to take out additional cover for World cruise in 2023 as the bank won't extent the number of nights. I believe We will be able to buy an add on from certain insurance companies. Will have a look nearer the time before we pay the final balance

                              Comment


                              We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.


                              By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

                              Working...
                              X