• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MSC Do check the Insurance Documents

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MSC Do check the Insurance Documents

Hi All

Cruise restart report: Smooth check-in, but check your travel insurance | Travel Weekly

Annie

Thanks for posting, Annie.

I googled 'Harry Kemble Travel Weekly' and noticed he has a Twitter feed with some ongoing information. May be worth a look as he updates it to share his experiences and photos of his MSC cruise.

Comment

Thanks for the link Annie. I watched the interview the cruise reporter, HK, had with the MSC UK boss and can only hope that all goes well with their roll out.

Though I can’t recall if MSC required all their passengers to be vaccinated or not.

Comment

Cruisedot have a couple of their people live blogging from the maiden of Virtuosa if anyone is interested.

On the latest bulletin from Rob@Cruise and Fartbook.

Garf

Comment

Lots of Vlogs on YouTube

Annie

Comment

Only 1,000 being allowed on board for this cruise according to ITV news report yesterday.
            Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy, Essex View Post
              Only 1,000 being allowed on board for this cruise according to ITV news report yesterday.
              That was the limit specified by UK authorities.

Apparently 55% passenger list are newbies to cruising.

Annie

Comment

Rob at cruise dot mentioned the travel insurance document issue.
                I belive that if you hadn't printed it off you had to join a large queue,although they would accept it on a phone.
                Apparently many policy documents haven't been updated even though policies are offering Covid cover.
                I have an annual.policy with Admiral.I had to call them and I was taken step by step how to avoid my actual login to get the up to date wording which seemed weird.Our friend who is travelling on same cruise next month had to do exactly the same thing with LV.
                I suspect this will cause some angst!

Comment

Originally posted by philhar, wallasey View Post
                  Rob at cruise dot mentioned the travel insurance document issue.
                  I belive that if you hadn't printed it off you had to join a large queue,although they would accept it on a phone.
                  Apparently many policy documents haven't been updated even though policies are offering Covid cover.
                  I have an annual.policy with Admiral.I had to call them and I was taken step by step how to avoid my actual login to get the up to date wording which seemed weird.Our friend who is travelling on same cruise next month had to do exactly the same thing with LV.
                  I suspect this will cause some angst!
                  Imagine the ship sailing with a full passenger quota having to double check insurance documents

Annie

Comment

As I'm boarding on Monday, I have been following the FB groups. It does seem that some people were turned away at the terminal because of insufficient insurance.

I had a package with my bank, and it didn't include Covid cover, so I cancelled it. I now have annual worldwide travel insurance with Covid cover. Everything crossed that it is acceptable.

I've been to the library twice in a few days because my cabin was changed. My original booking was for an inside, and I was moved to an outside on deck 5. The new cabin is on deck 11, so a much better location.
                    2018-
                    Queen Victoria - Mediterranean Explorer

2019 -
                    NCL Getaway - Norway and Iceland
                    Adventure of the Seas - Fall Foliage

2020 -
                    Jewel of the Seas - Abu Dhabi & Dubai
                    Magellan - Panama Canal

Comment

MSC offered covid insurance from £26 just looked for 24th 4n 2 people £44

Comment

Originally posted by Yogini, Waterlooville View Post
                        As I'm boarding on Monday, I have been following the FB groups. It does seem that some people were turned away at the terminal because of insufficient insurance.

I had a package with my bank, and it didn't include Covid cover, so I cancelled it. I now have annual worldwide travel insurance with Covid cover. Everything crossed that it is acceptable.

I've been to the library twice in a few days because my cabin was changed. My original booking was for an inside, and I was moved to an outside on deck 5. The new cabin is on deck 11, so a much better location.
                        Hi Yogini

Someone has posted on Youtube a video of an inside cabin on Deck 11.

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

Hi Yogini

Someone has posted on Youtube a video of an inside cabin on Deck 11.

Annie
                          Yes thanks, I have seen it. Sad individual that I am, I have been following everything!
                          2018-
                          Queen Victoria - Mediterranean Explorer

2019 -
                          NCL Getaway - Norway and Iceland
                          Adventure of the Seas - Fall Foliage

2020 -
                          Jewel of the Seas - Abu Dhabi & Dubai
                          Magellan - Panama Canal

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                          best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you