• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cruise Cover Insurance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cruise Cover Insurance

I have for the past three or four years paid a small supplement to have additional extras on my Travel insurance to cover incidents specific to cruising. Now might be a good time for you to check what you have or think about upgrading if you have any future cruises booked, in light of the current situation.
    Mine covers me for cabin confinement £100 per day - max 10 days. £100 per missed port or itinerary change. Plus a few other bits like compensation for shore excursions.
    With possibilities of 14 days confinement etc, not a bad idea to check what you have got covered.

I did claim £100 on our Marella cruise at the end of last year as one of the ports had to be missed as the ship couldn't dock due to high winds.

Is that £100 per person per day for cabin confinement and missed port or total. It seems extremely generous. I tried to find a policy with cruise cover, but could only find a maximum of £50pppd up to £1200pp total, which should cover us in case of a 14 day confinement.

Comment

Per person, with no excess to pay

Comment

That's really good!

Comment

Slightly off topic but still travel insurance:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51826295

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post
            Slightly off topic but still travel insurance:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51826295

Annie
            I did wonder how the travel insurance co's would be reacting. I just did a quick quote and wasn't surprised that the cruise cover which is normally not that expensive appears to have shot up in cost.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
            best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
            agree to our cookie policy

Working...
            X