• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insurance for the more mature.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insurance for the more mature.

For many years we’ve used insurance provided by our bank as part of a package of benefits, but this cover ceased last year when I was 70. We’re now looking for insurance for our cruise next year when I will be 72 and my wife will be 70 whilst we are away.
    We could take the insurance offered by the cruise company, but I suspect that might be quite expensive, so I’m looking for recommendations. My wife has some existing conditions, but nothing very serious.
    Thank you.
    sigpic

Originally posted by Peterlg, Halifax View Post
    For many years we’ve used insurance provided by our bank as part of a package of benefits, but this cover ceased last year when I was 70. We’re now looking for insurance for our cruise next year when I will be 72 and my wife will be 70 whilst we are away.
    We could take the insurance offered by the cruise company, but I suspect that might be quite expensive, so I’m looking for recommendations. My wife has some existing conditions, but nothing very serious.
    Thank you.
    Haven't had that problem yet, but a friend swears by Staysure.

Comment

Originally posted by Peterlg, Halifax View Post
      Thank you.
      Probably a silly question, but have you enquired if the bank will cover you beyond 70?

We're not there yet but for a small premium and annual screening, our bank account travel insurance will cover us beyond 70 yrs of age.

Comment

Originally posted by PeterM, Southwell View Post

Haven't had that problem yet, but a friend swears by Staysure.
        Hi Peter

A quick scan of Which cruise insurance and the top 4 are:

Co-op
        LV
        Staysure
        Insure and Go

LV upper age limit is 80.

Annie

Comment

I too have used the banks travel insurance for many years, but when a major medical issue came into my life, the bank insurance added premium went through the roof.

I have found All Clear have given me the best quotes for long haul cover, but that's not to say they will be the same for everyone...............Wilba
          Wilba

Comment

We were chuffed when Barclays upped the age to 80 on their travel pack account add on.

Its not that cheap at £12.50pm but covers all account holders and their families world wide and also included full European RAC personal cover.

they also have a more expensive 18pm option that includes 6 lounge pass which makes them £13each.

They do have a £5kpp cancellation limit which is plenty for our cruises.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs M View Post

Probably a silly question, but have you enquired if the bank will cover you beyond 70?

We're not there yet but for a small premium and annual screening, our bank account travel insurance will cover us beyond 70 yrs of age.
              Yes, and no 😄
              sigpic

Comment

It is certainly a problem that faces many of us. Our insurance is included in the package from the bank, along with lounge passes etc. we will both be 70 next year (God willing) and I expect to pay a premium due to my health history. Before we purchased the package with the bank we used Staysure as they were the only company to offer to insure me after cancer treatment.

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

Hi Peter

Co-op
                  LV
                  Staysure
                  Insure and Go

Annie
                  I used to deal a lot with LV, and found them to be excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs M View Post

My mother in law is 80 and she has insurance with RBS- they’re still willing to insure her at a price but she’s happy with the package they have offered her.

Comment

I was forced to change from Nationwide following a heart attack who withdrew cover on any heart related incidents and I went to Staysure. I was amazed with their policy of charging an admin fee if you advise them of a change in medication so I went elsewhere. In reality the only question to ask is will they pay out of you claim.

Comment

We used LV for a good few years but following treatment for cancer (and having been given the all clear) they would no longer give me a quote.

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

Hi Peter

Co-op
                          LV
                          Staysure
                          Insure and Go

Annie
                          Hi Annie
                          I have more experience than most when it comes to insurance with pre-meds.Diabetes and CABG over 6yrs ago.
                          And believe me three of those mentioned won't touch me with a barge pole.

I'm with AllClear,,,,£380 a year for Europe only,,,,,don't even mention US or Caribbean,,,,how about £1500 - £3000 for a 2 week cruise.

C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
                          "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
                            Hi Annie
                            I have more experience than most when it comes to insurance with pre-meds.Diabetes and CABG over 6yrs ago.

I'm with AllClear,,,,£380 a year for Europe only,,,,,don't even mention US or Caribbean,,,,how about £1500 - £3000 for a 2 week cruise.
                            Ouch!!!! 😱

Comment

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
                              Hi Annie

Another vote for AllClear from me................Wilba
                              Wilba

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X