• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Final payment & travel insurance dilemma

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

Hi

I hope Mrs W is well.

Annie
    Thanks Annie, following positive results from the biopsy (turned out to be a Dentigerous Cyst) we were given a date for surgery on 13 February. Luckily we were offered a cancellation on 23 January which we took up.
    Patient is recovering well and we have booked a Nile River cruise in place of our cancellation. We were looking for something warm and couldn't find anything that ticked the boxes on the oceans. I have been to Egypt before (1991) but Mrs W hasn't, I have no problems going back to see much of it again. We are both really looking forward to it.
    www.wansbroughs-cruise-blog.me.uk

Comment

That’s really good news.

Comment

Great news.

All the best on your Nile Cruise.

Cheers

Tony and Alison B

Comment

Excellent news and enjoy the Nile cruise, good to see that some tourism is returning to Egypt after a difficult few years.

John

Comment

Great news Wans and hope you enjoy your Nile cruise.
            Regards
            Garfield

Comment

Originally posted by Wansbrough, North Somerset View Post
              Today we received the cancellation invoice from BA. It was supposed to take 28 days and actually took 42.At least we have it now and can hopefully proceed with our claim.
              After nearly 3 months of sending documents back and forth, we have today, received a confirmation email that our claim has been approved. I had no idea it would take that long but at least we are no longer out of pocket.
              www.wansbroughs-cruise-blog.me.uk

Comment

Hi Wans
                Well done..I bet you thought like giving up at times.
                Regards
                Garfield

Comment

After nearly 3 months of sending documents back and forth, we have today, received a confirmation email that our claim has been approved. I had no idea it would take that long but at least we are no longer out of pocket.
                  Brilliant news, our insurance is wth a....a, had to make a claim once a few years ago and their service was excellent, everything repaid as expected, forget all this test the market, webarehappy with this provider, good service trumps saving a few quid.

John

Comment

Delighted for you.

Don't spend all the money at once

Annie

Comment

Glad to hear that it's settled. I had to wait far too long when I had to cancel my trip to Australia last November. We are insured with my Partner's bank and it was a straightforward claim really but the person that initially dealt with my case attached it to the wrong account. It took weeks and several heated phone calls to sort it out.
                      Jill

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                      best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                      agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                      X