• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Final payment & travel insurance dilemma

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guy, Ormskirk
    replied
    Within 28 days gives them a bit of leeway and fingers crossed they will be in touch before then.

My OH has just had a train fare refunded, after a shambles of a journey,and it took nearly 5 months from initial contact to a cheque arriving,ridiculous..Carol

Leave a comment:

• Wansbrough, North Somerset
    replied
    We are currently in the process of putting together the insurance claim, our only outlay being the cruise deposit and our flights which were purchased directly with BA. Our insurance company have asked for a cancellation invoice along with proof of purchase etc....Having cancelled the flights we have received a small sum back for each ticket which I am lead to believe are taxes etc... This we received within 5 working days but trying to get the cancellation invoice is another game entirely. I phoned customer services to start and was then pointed back to the website to ask for the document required.

Customer receipt request

After filling in the form the message "Our team will get back to you within 28 days. " This was on the 2 January soon after we cancelled.

Incredible for this day and age!!!! Considering they have our money and can now resell the seats its left a sour taste..............

Still waiting.
    Last edited by Wansbrough, North Somerset; 14th January 2019, 10:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Victoria, Aberystwyth
    replied
    Best wishes from me too - hope everything goes well and that you can then plan another cruise.

Leave a comment:

• Issyalex, Glasgow
    replied
    You can cruise anytime Wansbrough, health and well-being are the most important things in life.

Wishing Mre W a speedy recovery.

Leave a comment:

• Guy, Ormskirk
    replied
    I am glad you have reached a decision you are both happy with and so one less thing to worry about. Cruises are available all the time and fingers crossed in a few months you will be able to book something and fully enjoy the trip...Carol

Leave a comment:

• Jocap, Cumbria
    replied
    Pleased for you- we once were in a similar position, with the dead line drawing near, and in the end decided to cancel. OK, we lost the deposit, because there was no medical input, but the peace of mind was incredible.
    Best wishes for a good New Year. x

Leave a comment:

• Smith7
    replied
    I think you made the right decision W. You don't need the worry right now do you?

Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year.

Leave a comment:

• Mason, Altrincham
    replied
    Originally posted by Wansbrough, North Somerset View Post
    Today we drove down to Eastbourne to pick one of the mum's up so had a great opportunity to discuss the situation at length. We came to the conclusion that we didn't need the distraction of this hanging over us while we are needing to focus on the most important thing which is getting N back to full health. As much as we would love to have taken this trip now is not the right time.
    Therefore we have decided to cancel. In the end it was an easy decision to make and we both were in full agreement.
    A big thanks to everyone's input as it was beneficial in helping us reach our decision.
    Awww bless! Here’s hoping Mrs W gets the all-clear sooner rather than later. Health is the most important thing for both of you to consider. Wishing you both all the best for the coming year and lots of happy cruises therein.

Take care, Helen

Leave a comment:

• Wansbrough, North Somerset
    replied
    Today we drove down to Eastbourne to pick one of the mum's up so had a great opportunity to discuss the situation at length. We came to the conclusion that we didn't need the distraction of this hanging over us while we are needing to focus on the most important thing which is getting N back to full health. As much as we would love to have taken this trip now is not the right time.
    Therefore we have decided to cancel. In the end it was an easy decision to make and we both were in full agreement.
    A big thanks to everyone's input as it was beneficial in helping us reach our decision.

Leave a comment:

• Victoria, Aberystwyth
    replied
    I would definitely inform the insurance company too. I don’t want to alarm anyone, but we had to cancel our pre-Christmas cruise because a routine procedure went badly wrong just over 3 weeks ago (my father’s still in hospital and likely to be there for a few more weeks) which meant that tbe cruise was completely out of the question.

Leave a comment:

• Issyalex, Glasgow
    replied
    Wishing Mrs W a speedy recovery.

i won’t add any advice as you’ve already had some great advice.

Leave a comment:

• Bradbury, Coventry
    replied
    It may be worth checking what the 'real' due date is for your final payment. You will find if you used a TA that they have a minimum 30 days extra that they tag onto the real due date to allow for processing and late payers. Sometimes its is as much as 45 days different to the real due date that the actual Cruise company require payment. I quite often used to pay my balance later than the due date purely on principle alone - why should they have my money up front, etc when it can still be in my account and not theirs etc, but that aside do check as it may buy you that extra few weeks to make a decision.

Leave a comment:

• Mrs M
    replied
    Sorry, can't edit.

If your insurance covers you, I'd go ahead with the payment. Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• Mrs M
    replied
    Sorry to hear and I go with the others. Your ins. company advice is the path which should be followed.

Leave a comment:

• cymrucruiser
    replied
    Sending good luck wishes to Mrs W at this time.
    Xx

Leave a comment:

We use cookies to give you the
best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
agree to our cookie policy

Working...
X