• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Final payment & travel insurance dilemma

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wishing Mrs W a speedy recovery.

i won’t add any advice as you’ve already had some great advice.
    don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

I would definitely inform the insurance company too. I don’t want to alarm anyone, but we had to cancel our pre-Christmas cruise because a routine procedure went badly wrong just over 3 weeks ago (my father’s still in hospital and likely to be there for a few more weeks) which meant that tbe cruise was completely out of the question.

Comment

Today we drove down to Eastbourne to pick one of the mum's up so had a great opportunity to discuss the situation at length. We came to the conclusion that we didn't need the distraction of this hanging over us while we are needing to focus on the most important thing which is getting N back to full health. As much as we would love to have taken this trip now is not the right time.
        Therefore we have decided to cancel. In the end it was an easy decision to make and we both were in full agreement.
        A big thanks to everyone's input as it was beneficial in helping us reach our decision.
        www.wansbroughs-cruise-blog.me.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Wansbrough, North Somerset View Post
          Today we drove down to Eastbourne to pick one of the mum's up so had a great opportunity to discuss the situation at length. We came to the conclusion that we didn't need the distraction of this hanging over us while we are needing to focus on the most important thing which is getting N back to full health. As much as we would love to have taken this trip now is not the right time.
          Therefore we have decided to cancel. In the end it was an easy decision to make and we both were in full agreement.
          A big thanks to everyone's input as it was beneficial in helping us reach our decision.
          Awww bless! Here’s hoping Mrs W gets the all-clear sooner rather than later. Health is the most important thing for both of you to consider. Wishing you both all the best for the coming year and lots of happy cruises therein.

Take care, Helen

Comment

I think you made the right decision W. You don't need the worry right now do you?

Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year.
            Jill

Comment

Pleased for you- we once were in a similar position, with the dead line drawing near, and in the end decided to cancel. OK, we lost the deposit, because there was no medical input, but the peace of mind was incredible.
              Best wishes for a good New Year. x
              Jo.

Comment

I am glad you have reached a decision you are both happy with and so one less thing to worry about. Cruises are available all the time and fingers crossed in a few months you will be able to book something and fully enjoy the trip...Carol

Comment

You can cruise anytime Wansbrough, health and well-being are the most important things in life.

Wishing Mre W a speedy recovery.
                  don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Best wishes from me too - hope everything goes well and that you can then plan another cruise.

Comment

We are currently in the process of putting together the insurance claim, our only outlay being the cruise deposit and our flights which were purchased directly with BA. Our insurance company have asked for a cancellation invoice along with proof of purchase etc....Having cancelled the flights we have received a small sum back for each ticket which I am lead to believe are taxes etc... This we received within 5 working days but trying to get the cancellation invoice is another game entirely. I phoned customer services to start and was then pointed back to the website to ask for the document required.

Customer receipt request

After filling in the form the message "Our team will get back to you within 28 days. " This was on the 2 January soon after we cancelled.

Incredible for this day and age!!!! Considering they have our money and can now resell the seats its left a sour taste..............

Still waiting.
                      Last edited by Wansbrough, North Somerset; 14th January 2019, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Within 28 days gives them a bit of leeway and fingers crossed they will be in touch before then.

My OH has just had a train fare refunded, after a shambles of a journey,and it took nearly 5 months from initial contact to a cheque arriving,ridiculous..Carol

Comment

I had to cancel my trip to Australia in November for medical reasons. Our insurance was through one of our bank accounts. We supplied every piece of paper work requested and was told that it would take 3 weeks to process.

It actually took 13 weeks! The reason was that the initial person who began processing our claim, attached it to the wrong account. After a few phone calls and head banging emails, the bank admitted that a few errors had been made by them. Not only were they apologetic as you would but they took it a step further and initiated a complaint procedure, without me requesting one.

I eventually got my claim settled the first week in January. They also sent me a cheque 2 weeks later for £175 for the inconvenience and stress they had caused me at a time when I was struggling with the condition that forced me to cancel my trip.

I hope your claim is soon sorted Wansbrough and that all will be well with Mrs W.
                          Jill

Comment

Originally posted by Wansbrough, North Somerset View Post
                            We are currently in the process of putting together the insurance claim, our only outlay being the cruise deposit and our flights which were purchased directly with BA. Our insurance company have asked for a cancellation invoice along with proof of purchase etc....Having cancelled the flights we have received a small sum back for each ticket which I am lead to believe are taxes etc... This we received within 5 working days but trying to get the cancellation invoice is another game entirely. I phoned customer services to start and was then pointed back to the website to ask for the document required.

Customer receipt request

After filling in the form the message "Our team will get back to you within 28 days. " This was on the 2 January soon after we cancelled.

Incredible for this day and age!!!! Considering they have our money and can now resell the seats its left a sour taste..............

Still waiting.
                            Hi

I hope Mrs W is well.

BA are PITA with respect to this.

BA changed their winter schedule resulting in my sister's booked flights being useless. She cancelled. They wanted to retain all the original money.

Long story short, she had to book and pay for new tickets and wait 6 weeks before they refunded her the money for the original tickets.

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by Guy, Ormskirk View Post
                              Within 28 days gives them a bit of leeway and fingers crossed they will be in touch before then.

My OH has just had a train fare refunded, after a shambles of a journey,and it took nearly 5 months from initial contact to a cheque arriving,ridiculous..Carol
                              When I travel with Virgin West coast and if I am delayed, the refund is sent to my bank account without the need for filing a claim. You have to book through their booking portal though. Seamless.

Annie

Comment

Today we received the cancellation invoice from BA. It was supposed to take 28 days and actually took 42 .At least we have it now and can hopefully proceed with our claim.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                                best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                                agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                                X