• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nationwide Flex Travel Insurance Change

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nationwide Flex Travel Insurance Change

Hi All

Nationwide currently levy an additional premium for those aged 75 or over.

I received notification that effect 3td January 2019, the age is lowered to 70 and the cost of the upgrade is increased to £65.

Annie

What was the additional Premium for over 75’s ? Suppose we’re living longer so it would appear to be a positive move. However, I’m sure before introducing this they carried out a thorough examination of all their over 70’s clients to determine if it would be cost effective.

Comment

Just as an aside to this thread, I was covered by Nationwide, with declared conditions for which I paid extra, until I experienced a heart attack whilst away on a cruise. Whilst they paid up quite happily they then refused to cover me for any heart related conditions, which included, of course, high blood pressure etc.

Comment

Barclays accounts travel addon(travel ins and RAC cover) went up to 80 last change(£10.50pm or £15.50pm inc 6 lounge passes) all account holders as individuals as well with partners and dependant kids.

Remember if you book well in advance annual policies may have issues if health changes or travel is over a renewal boundary.

Account based policies provide continuous cover.

If a high end/long cruiser the cover limits may be too low @ £3kpp cancellation, 31days per trip

Comment

Originally posted by mike, lanarkshire View Post
          What was the additional Premium for over 75’s ? Suppose we’re living longer so it would appear to be a positive move. However, I’m sure before introducing this they carried out a thorough examination of all their over 70’s clients to determine if it would be cost effective.
          The premium was £50.

I ass-u-med this charge is based on claims experience.

Annie

Comment

Nationwide Flex Travel Insurance is by U/K Travel Insurance Which is owed by Direct Line Travel Insurance it may be different if you go direct to Direct line
            ]

Comment

Hi, Annie,
              we also received that piece of news, and my reaction was that they have lowered the age at which the charge applies, AND they are increasing the charge too; this means they want it both ways.
              i sent an internal message expressing my opinion, and as their options for messages to them have different subjects, I used the "complaint" option as there was not one for "other/general enquiry.
              i received a letter through the post telling me they will begin an investigation.

i have replied,saying it was just my opinion, not meant as a proper complaint. It's just that it somteimes makes me cross that assumptions are made that only senior citizens are more prone to having illnesses,and charging everyone according to age. wWth tongue in cheek I said my age is not my fault, but my parents' as it was their decision to have me when they did. O wonder if anyone will have a laugh,or not

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
              X