• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fb Discount on Hotel Rates

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fb Discount on Hotel Rates

Hi

I visited a Venice hotel website and found you obtained an additional discount if you are a member of Fb.

Has anyone else seen this kind of promotion?

Would you sign up to Fb to obtain the discount?

Annie

No, I am avoiding Facebook and have no interest in joining. I have never seen that promotion but may have not noticed as I don't 'do' Facebook.

The best advice we had was from Malcolm Oliver who suggested the cash back sites and we book our hotels through them and get varying discounts..Carol

Comment

As above check the other routes to discounting including phoning direct.

Comment

I use cashback sites and search the internet for discount and promotional codes. You can use the Facebook codes even if you don't have an account. If you book direct with cruise companies through their own websites certain cashback sites are now offering 4% which in my recent bookings case amounted to £262, quite a saving. I can usually find between 10% and 20% off hoho buses in ports and between 2% and 30% off direct hotel bookings. Well worth doing.

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post
          Hi

I visited a Venice hotel website and found you obtained an additional discount if you are a member of Fb.

Has anyone else seen this kind of promotion?

Would you sign up to Fb to obtain the discount?

Annie

Haven't seen hotel offers on Facebook, but have used many of their theatre ticket offers for very good discounts. If I wasn't already on Facebook I would join. If I was concerned about privacy I would get a new email account, hotmail, gmail or similar and keep it strictly for Facebook. There is no need to put any personal info except name and email, everything else can be left blank. While the rules say that you must use your real name, it doesn't have to be the name you are usually known by, a middle name will do. You do not need to post anything, you can just 'like' the pages you are interested in and set privacy to 'only me'.

Comment

Originally posted by smtcan, Scarborough View Post
            Haven't seen hotel offers on Facebook, but have used many of their theatre ticket offers for very good discounts. If I wasn't already on Facebook I would join. If I was concerned about privacy I would get a new email account, hotmail, gmail or similar and keep it strictly for Facebook. There is no need to put any personal info except name and email, everything else can be left blank. While the rules say that you must use your real name, it doesn't have to be the name you are usually known by, a middle name will do. You do not need to post anything, you can just 'like' the pages you are interested in and set privacy to 'only me'.
            Hi

No the Fb link was on the hotel website which was a 1st for me.

Annie

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
            best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
            agree to our cookie policy

Working...
            X