• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hotel near Paphos airport

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hotel near Paphos airport

Have to stop overnight at a hotel close to Paphos airport which has which has an early morning shuttle service.Can anyone help.
    NARDOUX

Originally posted by nardoux, heacham View Post
    Have to stop overnight at a hotel close to Paphos airport which has which has an early morning shuttle service.Can anyone help.
    NARDOUX
    Hi, There is no hotel within Paphos Airport. You have to go into Paphos Town. Lots of hotels within 15 mins drive from the airport and taxis and some hotels may have a shuttle service.
    Look on Trip Advisor and get an idea of what there is as Paphos has lots of hotels.
    Check this site out.
    Hotels near Paphos International Airport, Paphos - BEST HOTEL RATES Near Airports, Paphos - Cyprus

Comment

one to avoid in my opinion is the Aloe Hotel Paphos we had the holiday rep relocate us next day, The two louis hotels in Paphos are good stayed in them both.

Comment

Beaware of Taxi's in Cyprus.

Most of them are a mercedes but not as we know them, they are special budget builds with a very small boot. We found our two large suitcases would not fit in the boot [never had that anywhere else] the driver will try and book a 2nd cab, but refuse this and get the hotel/or holiday rep to get a larger cab, first time we ended up with a case in the rear seat, 2nd time insisted on a larger cab.
        Revenge is sweet though we arrived late one night in cyprus to go to phapos from larnaca airport, cab driver who got the hump when we put case in the rear seat instead of hiring a 2nd cab got pulled over for speeding and got a ticket, yet even after that still drove at high speed he was so wound up. [taxi transfers was part of holiday bookings]

Comment

On our last visit to Paphos we arrived at the airport around midnight and the taxi that picked us up was one of those Mercedes you mentioned Duetto, but the driver reeked of booze, drove with his foot to the floor, weaved all over the road whilst talking on his mobile phone and playing with the car radio. My wife lay down across the rear seat the whole journey. When we arrived at the hotel (which by coincidence was the Aloe) the driver was so drunk he fell out of his taxi. It was the most frightening experience we've ever had in a cab. We refused to pay him and I said if he had a problem with that, he could always call the police. We left him sitting on the pavement outside the hotel.
          Our cruising days are over now.................

Comment

LO! Ah Ah! The infamous taxi drivers of the world. I recall writing in my book the same story as Duetto, about a taxi diver in Punta Arenas. Wanted us to us two cars for two suitcases.
            Some large Mercedes type taxis here in Cyorus are known as service taxis, as people use them like a bus service. So often more people in then luggage.
            There really should not be a problem with a registered taxi in Paphos airport and the prices are listed on a board outside. Check the price first.
            As for their driving well, they are Mediterranean's here, hot blooded hot and bothered, fast and furious! They all drive fast, one arm hanging out of the window. Smoking and talking on their mobile phone and manage driving with their knees. ( all illegal but this is how it is) Just close your eyes and pray!
            There are many decent hotels as I said around 15 minutes drive away even less as there is have a new road into Paphos from the airport.. Most hotels are all together in a line along the beach from Rikkos beach ( nearest the airport). Constantinou Bros own many of then so Goggle The nearest town/village to the airport is Mandria and you may well find rentals their if you Google Mandria Village.
            Or there is a hotel at Aphrodite Hills resort / golf and it is around 15 minutes from the airport. Opposite direction, TUI own a big hotel there that used to be Intercontinental. A little further there is The Columbia Hotel in Pissouri and they also have a shuttle service but it is a 25 min drive to the airport. Hope this helps . Look on BOOK.COM

Edit here I just wondered are you coming into Cyprus on Thomson Cruise or some cruise? Let me know as I may be able to tell you more about where to stay. Might even be able to help sort you a car driver. Are you going to be in Limassol or Paphos? Do you need to get to Paphos airport? More details needed here so I can help as I am here on the Island. Maggiemou.
            Last edited by MAGGIEMOU, CYPRUS; 30th August 2015, 12:56 PM.

Comment

hi Maggiemou
              Thanks for your interest yes we are contemplating a Thomson cruise out of limosall in March next year. However the Thomson flights are not good as the return flights mean you have to spend all day in Pathos airport.So we will opt for cruise only and fly Ryanair.The Ryanair flight back to the uk leaves at 7 am the next day which means we have to get transport from Limosall and check into a hotel in Pathos near the airport and arrange transport for 5am the next day.Maybe its to troublesome!!!!!
              NARDOUX

Comment

Hi Nardoux,
                Why not look at other flight operators? EasyJet and others fly to Paphos but also if you are going to be arriving here from a cruise it will be in Limassol or maybe Larnaca. You can fly out from Larnaca as Limassol is Twix between Paphos and Larnaca.. Easy Jet usully fly out after lunch time as most flights do here as they leave early in the UK and turn around to fly back later afternoon.
                By the time you leave the ship mid-morning you will have time for a browse around Limassol Marina / old town etc and then carry onto the airport. There is a bus from Limassol takes you to Larnaca airport. Costs around €10 but a taxi to Larnaca of Paphos from Limassol dock will be in the region of €80.
                Why not book to fly out from Larnaca as there are hotels in Larnaca airport region and also hotels plentiful in Limassol and a bus goes to Larnaca Airport from Limassol. You need to research a bit and see what is what flight wise. Maybe you could do two days in a hotel apartment and extend your stay here.

Comment

Originally posted by nardoux, heacham View Post
                  hi Maggiemou
                  Thanks for your interest yes we are contemplating a Thomson cruise out of limosall in March next year. However the Thomson flights are not good as the return flights mean you have to spend all day in Pathos airport.So we will opt for cruise only and fly Ryanair.The Ryanair flight back to the uk leaves at 7 am the next day which means we have to get transport from Limosall and check into a hotel in Pathos near the airport and arrange transport for 5am the next day.Maybe its to troublesome!!!!!
                  NARDOUX
                  Hi Nardoux.
                  Why do you have to spend all day at Paphos Airport?.
                  on a Thomson flight you will leave the ship a couple of hors before the flight time.
                  JC
                  C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
                  "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

If we were inyour position I would book BA for flights, no way we would fly thompsons again flights out are reasonable but return flights are a roughshot cattlemarket in a chaotic mess.
                    Limassol is our fav place there plenty of good hotels and good place to explore.

Comment

Originally posted by DUETTO, Staines View Post
                      If we were inyour position I would book BA for flights, no way we would fly thompsons again flights out are reasonable but return flights are a roughshot cattlemarket in a chaotic mess.
                      Limassol is our fav place there plenty of good hotels and good place to explore.
                      Hi Duetto
                      I have probably flown over 100 times with Thomsonfly,,remember Britannia? And can't remember one bad flight.
                      How many have you done to come up wth your rather damning remarks.
                      Especially when you are urging another member to spend money that,in my opinion,they don't need to.
                      JC

Comment

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
                        Hi Duetto
                        I have probably flown over 100 times with Thomsonfly,,remember Britannia? And can't remember one bad flight.
                        How many have you done to come up wth your rather damning remarks.
                        Especially when you are urging another member to spend money that,in my opinion,they don't need to.
                        JC

Hi JC,
                        I have suggested to the opening poster to just spend some time in Limassol or Larnaca ,or even Paphos as the day soon whizzes by when having fun.
                        Regarding BA flights. Well! anyone one would be mad to book with BA to Cyprus as for a start they have only just started flying here after years of absence and now they are only chartered, but full whack price wise. Plus only fly at certain times of the year so yes, you are quite correct. Thomson will fly anyone here without issues. Or Easy Jet do a decent job these days. Ryanair, I never tried them from here but I have flown Jet 2.com earlier this year and they were fine. No need for BA we are well covered

Comment

JC three bad trips with thompsons all bad return trips.

did not know that BA is now a bad option for cyprus, thanks for the update.

Comment

Originally posted by MAGGIEMOU, CYPRUS View Post
                            Hi JC,
                            I have suggested to the opening poster to just spend some time in Limassol or Larnaca ,or even Paphos as the day soon whizzes by when having fun.
                            Regarding BA flights. Well! anyone one would be mad to book with BA to Cyprus as for a start they have only just started flying here after years of absence and now they are only chartered, but full whack price wise. Plus only fly at certain times of the year so yes, you are quite correct. Thomson will fly anyone here without issues. Or Easy Jet do a decent job these days. Ryanair, I never tried them from here but I have flown Jet 2.com earlier this year and they were fine. No need for BA we are well covered
                            Hi Maggie
                            Iwas only replying to Nardoux because he/she said she didn't want to spend all day at the airport waiting for a late in the day Thomson flight.
                            Thomson are one of the very few cruise lines that don't throw you off the ship,or transfer you to the airport hours before your flight.
                            Most of the South of England flights take of about 18:00,that would mean leaving the ship at the earliest 15:00.

Nardoux could have breakfast,,,a nice walk around Limmasoll,,come back for lunch,,then off to the airport.

ps,I never could understand the preference for BA,,and their old bone shaker planes,,,give me Easyjet modern fleet and Thomson Dreamliner anytime
                            JC

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                            best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                            agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                            X