• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rome hotels/apartments recommendations please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blondie, Oxford View Post
    Hi Issy, My friend whom I often travel with highly recommends the Navona Garden Suites. She has stayed there three times with her husband and family and they love the place.. I don’t know the price range.

I have stayed at the Aparthotel Adagio Rome Vatican, not in the city centre, but it’s next to a metro station and has a pool.
    Hi Blondie I have looked up Navona Gardens suites, it’s lovely and in the area I want.
    Last edited by Issyalex, Glasgow; 24th October 2021, 07:09 PM.
    don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

I would consider standard hotel chains like Best Western or other well known hotel chains. At least they have a set standard across the chain and will always have customer services should you need them.

Comment

Try Hotel Royal Santina. (via Marala, 22 00185 ) Rome. Stayed 3 nights in late OCT 2018. Very nice and close to the main rail station. Booked via Cunard. Sorry cant remember the price.

Comment

Originally posted by Issyalex, Glasgow View Post

Hi Blondie I have looked up Navona Gardens suites, it’s lovely and in the area I want.
          Thanks for your reply. My friend and her family have booked again for May 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Blondie, Oxford View Post

Thanks for your reply. My friend and her family have booked again for May 2022.
            So it must be good. 😀 Can you ask your friend if the beds are comfy what breakfast was like please? I’m seriously thinking of booking it. The courtyard looks lovely.
            Last edited by Issyalex, Glasgow; 25th October 2021, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lucy, sutton View Post
              I would consider standard hotel chains like Best Western or other well known hotel chains. At least they have a set standard across the chain and will always have customer services should you need them.
              Thanks for your suggestion. I’m wanting something with character and nearer the Navona/Pantheon/Campo del Fiori area.

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie Sailor, London View Post
                Try Hotel Royal Santina. (via Marala, 22 00185 ) Rome. Stayed 3 nights in late OCT 2018. Very nice and close to the main rail station. Booked via Cunard. Sorry cant remember the price.
                Thanks I looked up, cheap price but a wee bit further away from the area I want to stay in.

Comment

Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
                  Last time we have up on Rome and stayed at a place nearer the airport coast.
                  B&B pallina.

Next time we are planning on staying in Civitavecchia if we can find something.

We have stayed near termini handy for the terravision coach transfer.
                  We thought about a hotel at the port but as we’re staying for 4 nights we’d need to travel everyday into Rome.

Comment

Had a wee look at your hotel, €2000! Definitely out of my price range.

Prices must have gone up, we were around £600 per couple back then.

Hope you get something suitable and have a great time !!

Comment

We thought about a hotel at the port but as we’re staying for 4 nights we’d need to travel everyday into Rome.
                      If you want to do Rome then more central is better.

Comment

Hi Issy, this is where we are staying next year. We haven’t been to it but it came highly recommended, see what you think https://www.thebuildinghotelrome.com/en/
                        sigpic
                        Tiggertom
                        shaken, not purred

Comment

So it must be good. 😀 Can you ask your friend if the beds are command what breakfast was like please? I’m seriously thinking of booking it. The courtyard looks lovely.
                          Issy, I’ve sent you a message - Jan

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                          best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                          agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                          X