• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Like a cruise but on land?- A Warners Break

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like a cruise but on land?- A Warners Break

I’ve been told it’s a bit like going on a cruise except you are on land ‘A cruise without a ship’ …..Hmmm ok so after several bookings were made and consequently cancelled over lock down; November, then December, then one at the start of Jan, one at the beginning of April and one at the end of April – Sixth booking now made and we are set for May Bank Holiday weekend. Its been a long time coming after so many disappointments, I was quite looking forward to it during the winter months, but now its upon us I am having my reservations. So we have booked a bog standard ‘chalet’ at a cost similar to, if not more than what we could go on a weekend cruise for! Now I am questioning am I mad! But what else is there to do? I am now having visions of some glorified Butlins Chalet, should I really pack my cruise cocktail dresses for the evenings? Have my expectations in my head built this up to be something it might not be. May Bank holiday weekend, with the whole population of the UK settled on UK soil and all wanting to go out and do something for the weekend, the traffic I imagine is going to be heavy. Fortunately, we like getting up and being on the road really early but still determined to try and beat the traffic jams I decide we must leave on the Thursday instead of Friday. Booking a night in a hotel now, with less than two weeks to go has proved to be a task in itself. I research, research research until I am happy with my choice. Choice however on this occasion was very lacking with 99% of accommodation fully booked within my search area. And a plan, I must have a plan. So the plan is leaving our home in Coventry very early Thursday am for a trip to the City of Norwich, breakfast in Weatherspoons and a few hours around the town sightseeing and shopping before we head off to use our National Trust membership at Blickling Hall. Everything finally fell into place after I found an old Coaching Inn very close to the NT place, so it seemed kind of right and with a bit of discount on booking .com and reviews of the food being excellent, this will do. The following morning will see us head off up to North Walsham where again by chance I noticed a Groupon deal for the Norwich Motorcycle Museum. Perfect for OH and a surprise treat for him. Then we can head off back down the coast through Great Yarmouth – somewhere I have never been and onto Corton Coastal Village which will be our home for the next three nights. The starring act is the Overtones and a comedy mind reading magician.

An early start sees us setting off for Norwich, nothing specific planned and no real research done beforehand, the main objective to head for a Weatherspoons for breakfast, then spend a couple of hours wandering. Its been around 20 plus years since we went to Norwich and I recall being unimpressed, so we are setting off with little expectations. With the assistance of google maps and parkopedia, a nice walk along the wharf we are here. We set off for the town down a little cobbled street, Norwich isnt looking so bad after all. In fact it turns out to be a lot bigger than I recall and has plenty of shops and shopping arcades, but a couple of hours is enough, so armed with our NT cards we head up to Blicking Hall and spend a pleasant hour wandering the gardens and the house, before finding our way to our Coaching Inn for the evening. Found by chance without much choice left on booking.com it turned out to be a good find. We were given a very lovely room with a large bay window set with two chairs and a table and a huge kingsize bed. As it was in the middle of no-where I had also booked us in for an evening meal and could tell from trip advisor this was a notch above your normal pub fayre. A bit pricy but worth it, local produce, freshly cooked and of a good standard, the same of which I can also say about the breakfast.

I have to say that at least this morning I had woken up with my spirits a bit more lifted, must be the weather forecast, that got me a bit more excited than I really had been for the past few weeks about our little trip away. So first day over and now the trip around the Norfolk coast down to the Sussex coast.

A surprise stop courtesy of a Groupon deal was the Norwich Motorcycle museum. I could see it was a lot of motorbikes crammed into a shed, so for OH I thought this was ideal. I hadn’t quite expected it to be so dilapidated and crammed full with dusty old bikes, but with OH moving barley inches at a time and enthusing about telling me this feature and that feature and this clutch and that pedal, this make and that make he was obviously enjoying it. Me I could have walked around the shed in and out in 30 second’s flat. Nevertheless, around half hour later and we were back on the road. We decided to go see what Cromer was like, not much to see here, so an hour was enough, even less at our next stop of Caister on Sea, infact we didn’t even get out of the car, so headed off looking for Great Yarmouth. Now don’t ask me how but somehow we missed it? We ended up at some historical working quay with no sign of a seaside resort in sight, decided that google was wrong and set off again. You have arrived at your destination, so we park up, to me it still didn’t feel as if we were in the right place and my gut was right, we were now in Gorleston, another wasted car park fee which offered us nothing more than a chance to stretch our legs for 10 minutes. By now however it was gone 2 so I decided we would finish the short journey to Corton where we are staying with Warners.

Just pretend its an inside cabin, no maybe at least an outside, we do have a window after all. I am expecting little more than a box room with the basics, my heart sinking a bit as we pull in looking at the sad chalets obviously from some long gone era, what have we let ourselves in for. I am really trying to be open minded but OH can see I have already made my mind up.

The chalet (my outside cabin) is a box with a bed, a dressing table with a sitting recess above which sits the tv but the mirror is on the other side. A bit of rearranging of the furniture is required before I can at least sit and do hair and make up Infront of the mirror, but the problem now is the chair is up against the foot of the bed so you can’t walk by to get to the bathroom. The bathroom has a bath – a very small bath with a basic shower over it. The toiletries are a meagre offering of the tiniest tubes you can possibly get and certainly not enough for two of you to use in one night. Not even a fridge so I cant even have a nice cold G&T in the room. Don’t get me wrong, its all very clean and modern but it’s a chalet is all my head is telling me. Thank goodness the sun is out, I think I would have wanted to go home there and then. I cant get my head around the ‘’we are in a glorified Butlins’’ mentality. Nevertheless we head off to find the outside bar seating area. I can see through OH's plan, ply me with drink and I will settle down. Three cocktails later and a nice glow on my face from the sun and the alcohol, a little more happier and settled we go back to the room having little time to rest before our 6.30 dinner. (It had always been on mind that this was perhaps too early but having been assured by the reception that it was a good time, kept with it). At this particular Warners unlike most of the ones based in Stately homes, the restaurant is part of the show lounge – like a cabaret lounge. Your allocated table is yours for the evening to dine and watch the show. The staff are exceptional so far, extremely efficient, friendly and nothing too much trouble. The food very, very good and dare I say it of cruise ship quality. By 7.30 we are more or less finished and the first entertainment of the evening kicks off with a saxophonist, sadly by 8.15 OH is desperate to go, tired from the day and we depart before the main event of a mind reading comedy, magician. This firmly made my mind up that it was a stretch too far to dine so early and then wait it out until the main evening entertainment which I think starts around 9.30pm. I must change the dining time tomorrow as this defying the object of the stay.

The jury is very much still out with me on this one. This has the flip side of two coins so far. A chalet room although nicely decorated and quite modern, still nothing extra to offer, a patio with two plastic chairs people walking by, looking in, me in a state of half undress most of the time, between changing and showering, getting changed for dinner, I really dont want the curtains closed 24/7 Its very basic accommodation, nowhere nice to sit and relax, it is literally somewhere to sleep and that is it. I know I booked a standard room, so its my own fault. This is where my problem is. We do go away to holiday parks, have a beautiful lodge with lovely bedrooms ensuite, two tvs’ a modern kitchen, lovely lounge, nice veranda at half the cost of this, with onsite live entertainment. However this is where the difference is, the entertainment on the park we go to is stereotypically family orientated, beer encrusted carpet, crisps on floor, kids having a good time against this very adult ambiance, nice background music and upmarket entertainment. Quite a contrast. But weighing up a relaxing place to stay against the evening entertainment is the thing that’s playing on my mind. This particular Warners has the evening bit right but the daytime accommodation and facilities wrong. It is in the middle of no-where, no shop, no village, no pub, you need to get in the car to go somewhere. Even the beach is just a concrete walkway only accessible if the tide is right.

I think what is bugging me is we have spent on this break what we could have spent on a cruise, where is the comparison? A lengthy debate ensued the prior evening as Warners offer a first timers policy of a refund if after one night you dont find it up to expectations you can leave and have a full refund. Both of us feeling this could well be an option, a bit of the same conversation follows in the morning, but my time is precious I dont get many spare annual leave days from work, we could be wasting a bank holiday weekend, I even try to look see if there is availability at a caravan park we like across the other side of the coast. Nevertheless we head for breakfast and stop at reception to change our evening dining time to the latest possible slot. On spec I decided it was time to ask to speak to a Duty manager as it was time to air my views. The receptionist took us to one side and listened to my concerns, I can put up with hearing drawers opening and closing, I can put up with hearing people walk above me, I can put up with hearing next door open and close the wardrobe door, but what I cant put up with is living in a box thats likes a goldfish bowl. When I am getting ready , walking in and out of the bathroom, showering, sitting at the dressing table in my underwear, we have a steady stream of people walking by whom I can clearly see, and so they will be able to see me, which now means the curtains need to be closed 24/7. There is nowhere to sit and relax in the room, its nicley furnished clean and modern - functional but that is it, nothing more, nothing less. She asked what she could do and said if there was an upgrade she would move us, but said nothing was available, I wasn’t really fishing for that, it was more about making a point if I am paying for the equivalent of what I would pay for a weekend cruise then I have high expectations of what is on offer. I said I didnt think really there was anything she could do, it was more my perception of things. I cannot fault in any way the concept of the evening entertainment, level of service and staff; and really knowing how I can pick fault with just about anything as I take in so much of the minor detail that is saying something. We left her with our thoughts.

The Sun Saves The day.
    We head off for breakfast, the sun is out and we are offered a choice to sit outside, which was quickly uptaken by OH. He knows me too well. This could clinch the day. Breakfast was undoubtedly on the level of top class Cruise Ship fayre. The best of both worlds which for me is a mixture of the standard buffet breakfast and Captains Club offerings. Order as much as you want; anything from OJ, smoothies, Pancakes, fresh fruit, cereals, Full English, Eggs benedict or Royale, pastries, kippers, haddock, cold meat deli and cheese platter., just about anything you could possibly want from a breakfast menu. Even the coffee met my standards.

Returning from breakfast the sun is out, hot and shining right onto our little patio area. Finding our feet and this is calming me down, we sit and enjoy the weather for a couple of hours. Not wanting to do much now we wander off for a walk around the holiday park, its so nice to both hear and see the sea. Walking back to our chalet a lady overhears me saying about perhaps trying the pool. Oh its lovely she said I have just come out, so off I go to book my slot. Fortunately, available in 40 minutes at 12.30 this will do. Bookings are made at the pool entrance infront of which has been placed an office desk. Offering my details and finding out what the score is with changing etc. I head off back to rest and change. The changing rooms are out of action so you go ready to get in and they provide a towel along with a bathrobe should you require one. A shower before entering is a pre requisite in an open tiled area. So once in the pool I start to absorb my surroundings ….......really I can tell you there is nothing relaxing, or peaceful or in any way shape or form. Our local swimming baths offer better surroundings. It is a small curved pool with max of 4 persons allowed due to covid and four would make it full at the best of times. I survey around me at the head of the pool is the most ridiculous office set up, literally on the pools edge two office chairs a desk and an open office cupboard full of all sorts of bits of untidy paraphernalia. The outskirts of the pool as I pan around are plastic lockers a top with abandoned boxes. A full size blue wheelie bin, along with a further two smaller round black bins, just a load of unsightly ancillary equipment then on the other side two white plastic loungers and a beige bistro table which are supposed to make it look appealing but far from it, the walls look like some old warehouse, plastered with H&S signs of every combination colour and size. This is not luxury. It is a pool nothing more nothing less. 15 minutes I'm out and back to the ‘cabin’ to shower and freshen up. I really feel like grabbing the management and saying get in this pool, open your eyes and take a good look around you.

I also realise that I must be so despondent; as you know I like to populate my blogs with photos and realise I have taken little if any as its really not worthy, well perhaps thats wrong there really is nothing much to photograph.

This afternoon we head off to the 2pm quiz Name that Tune. I have that invigorated feeling of the swim combined with a lovely glow from the sun and sitting inside ready to do the quiz I do get that ‘Cruise Ship Feeling' Yes I could actually believe I was on a cruise ship, its very much got that atmosphere. Only around 6 couples participated on very socially distanced tables and yet here is the weirdest thing we are asked to fill in a track and trace at the end! Really! This is the same room everyone shares in the evening sitting far closer together and full capacity of a couple of hundred people for the evening meal and entertainment and yet we need to track and trace for a quiz, unbelievable. Anyway 80's is not my era but we persist with it just for the experience and to pass some time. Then back to what has now been redubbed the ínside cabin' due to having to have the curtains permanently closed to. Not only are we in a courtyard we are on the main throughfare to the reception from our side of the site. Perhaps it could have been worse, some of the chalets overlook the road or are in a remote back area of nothingness.

Tonight is the headline act the 4-Tunes and we have managed to rearrange our dining for the latest time this evening of 7.30. We are seated in actually suite a good position to see the stage and have a reasonably clear view. Our order is placed, I am sorry I have to warn you there is no more this, no more that and no more the other left from the menu. Ahh, this is the problem of dining at the last possible time. Ok so thought of choices now rearranged we wait on our starters of tempura vegetables and pulled chilli mac, then we waited and waited and waited, we were seated at 7.20 and 8.30 the mains have still not arrived. I cannot fault the waiter he came up to us at least three times to apologise and to update us on what he had done who he had told etc. But getting almost to the point now of not wanting to eat, our mains arrived an hour after the starters. OH opting for sea bass with a teriyaki sauce; which I robbed most of as it complemented the gammon and the veg nicely. By now one of the entertainment staff was doing a solo singing slot of the old classics from the movies, Pleasant and enjoyable.

We order dessert again to be told I am sorry but the computer is saying we are out of that too. I think the poor guy read my face so well, and miraculously pulled out of the bag the said red velvet cheesecake, which was divine and married up with some fig and honey icecream.

I think we just managed to clear the table of food before the headline act announced themselves on stage. This is their very first live performance since lockdown and they are proud to tell us most of their gigs are on cruise ships and how much they have missed it. After their initial song, they dedicated the second song to cruising as its one of the favourites they perform on the ships - A Bobby Darren hit Somewhere Beyond the Sea. I actually find it very emotional as I sense their emotion too in finally being able to go back to what they love best, singing live on stage. Tbh you can tell they are a bit rusty and I spot a few mistakes and minor hiccups but you can also tell they are very good. Their repertoire a mix of Sinatra, Classics from the musicals, Tom Jones, Queens Bohemian Rhapsody and Crazy little thing called love. ,Elton John and a finale of a tribute to Frankie Valley to which finally we were allowed to stand at our table and dance. I have to say half way through the performance I could almost feel that slight judder of the ships engines, yes I really truly at this point could be onboard a cruise ship. It was totally comparable to a cruise ship experience. A very enjoyable evening.

Sunday morning
    Breakfast service was very slow again an hours wait for the main breakfast to arrive, it’s a good job its Sunday and we are not in any hurry. Again an excellent breakfast.

This morning we put the roof down on the car and head off to Southwold, along with the rest of the bank holiday crowds. We spend an hour or so walking the windy pier and seafront before heading back up the coast and decide to find a Weatherspoon’s at Lowestoft. Another sad little town with a single high street. Back at base we rest up as the weather is on the cloudy side. This evening is the Warners Production show. Not too fussed this evening about our early dining slot we turn up at our allotted time of 6.30 not wanting to be faced with a ‘not much choice of leftovers’ scenario. Todays roast is Beef, of which we both decide to have along with starters of Italian meatballs. Our mains arrive and I immediately spot the difference. OH has 5 slices of beef all around 10cm long whereas I have 5 slices of beef 5 cm long. Obviously from a different cut but I only have half of what he has. I try to cut into mine and can see this is going to be tough. OH has his nicely pink still in the middle (Note there was no option of how you wanted this cooked) mine was lets say well done. After much chewing and eating my way through half of the meal, the waiters comes along and asks if everything is ok – did we need anything else. I show him just how tough my meat is and he offers a steak knife, not really the point; its tough and chewy. So I am offered something else. Not wanting another full dinner as I had already ploughed through half of it, I opt for a deli platter of Roast pepper tart, salad and pickle , just to fill the gap. I will say vegetables seem to be hit and miss and you get whatever who happens to be serving you fancies putting on your plate. Despite ordering same main courses, one evening I had broccoli, green beans and carrots, OH had broccoli, Red Cabbage and Red peppers! Its three roast potatoes as standard but regardless of size, so I could end up with three runt ends and OH three large pieces. You can of course ask for more though, but just my observation!.

The cheesecake was a must again for tonight as it was so good.

The evenings entertainment was the live band with a very good female singer, followed by the Warners production Show. Four of the ent’s team singing a range of songs from the Beatles 70’s up to the 90’s. It was nothing special and tbh quite amateurish, the outfits quite laughable as they looked like they had just walked off the street in some random charity shop clothes. My mind does work in funny ways but that’s what I thought. The evening was finished off with the Band and somehow we managed to dance between, in and around the tables. It felt like some sort of normality had returned to the world. Yes definitely an option for those that like cruising. I cannot fault the staff, they are so customer orientated, its not just a cursory what would you like to order, they engage with you, they are attentive, they always ask is there anything else I can get you. And there are plenty of them, I was astounded at the amount of wait staff they have each evening, I counted I think 20 in the room and that’s without the behind bar staff, kitchen staff and chefs.

Check out was swift enough, your bill for the weekend being handed out at breakfast charged to your card but giving you the opportunity to query anything before you leave. Although you need a good memory – as the bill is not detailed – only date, time and Bar charge and amount.

Would I go again, NO not to this one but for sure I will give it another try. I already have a break booked at one of their Stately homes so am hoping for a totally different experience.

Is it value for money? Well sorry no, I cant get my head around the fact that our break in July has cost just shy of £800, this is without drinks and without lunch! So expecting a total spend of £1000

We have just booked a 3 night Princess Seacation for less than this including drinks, grats and wifi and of course 24/7 food and a Balcony Cabin. I know which one I would rather be doing.
    Last edited by Bradbury, Coventry; 1st June 2021, 07:40 PM.

Hi Bradders
    Can you edit that into paragraphs please as it's difficult to read..
    Garf

Comment

Whew, at last. I did edit then it went unapproved. all good now though.
      It is a bit of a waffle I know, but its my diary account of my thoughts. Hopefully later this evening I can upload a few piccies.

Comment

Well thank you for your very well timed review x Warners is somewhere I have hummed and haared about this past year, particularly xmas time with cancelled cruises, I did see that at xmas it was VERY expensive especially as you still had to pay for booze etc and it sounds very much like a place I went to in Seaton for a skittle weekend, ( but to be fair that was only cheap ) but a chalet is a chalet and you can hear people next door breathing, unfortunately for us the coach driver in the next chalet went out and left his tv on all night............So to get back to the point, thank you, you have made up my mind that I wont be going to a Warners anytime soon x

Comment

We had a 4 day break at Warners Sinah Warren on Hayling Island a couple of weeks ago.

The room + bathroom was fine, simple décor and at least twice the size of a cruise ships non-suite cabin. A big plus. Very clean, bed made up every day, toiletries and tea making items replenished every day.

The food, plated breakfast and dinner included, was excellent, plenty enough for us although those cruisers accustomed to piling their plates up as high as possible until it slides off the edge of the plate in the buffets might not be satisfied!

The entertainment was fine. We don't like tribute acts so were not taken by a Tom Jones act on one night. Two girls and a guy from the house "production team" who did songs from the musicals on another night were absolutely superb, equally as good as any we have seen on cruises.

The grounds were very spacious and very well maintained. We had a go at rifle shooting and archery but didn't get around to bowls, tennis, boule, swimming, gym, spa etc.

Yes, perhaps not as good as a cruise and certainly not cheap but excellent value for money compared to the costs of typical 3* hotels in the UK when you add in the cost of breakfast and dinner. Certainly no holiday camp hi-de-hi atmosphere and the plus of having your car with you if you wanted to venture further afield.

Better than staying at home and waiting for your next cruise with a plethora of restrictions or to be cancelled.

Comment

Thanks for doing that as we thought about Warners for a short break as it looks like no cruising this year for us.
            We won't be going there that's for sure so forewarned is forearmed.

A few of us looked at Studley Castle for a sort of forum get together but it never came to fruition due to Covid.

Garf

Comment

To be fair, I think I possibly picked the worst one. We are going to Holme Lacey in Hereford later in the year based in a stately home where I understand the set up is completely different and the rooms are more in keeping with conventional hotel rooms. We have paid for an upgrade to a signature room where you get little extra touches such as nicer toiletries, a few nibbles and bathrobe etc. There are supposed to be a couple of easy chairs and coffee table so I am hoping it will be more comfortable in that sense. Plus there are some lovely surrounding olde worlde towns to visit along with Ross on Wye and Simmonds Yat etc. so these will be our 'ports of call'
              I also understand that there are more lounges and bars so I am still keeping an open mind. All be it the prices are eye watering and they have taken out of their system any upgrades or perks that they can usually offer such as discount if you make two bookings or free upgrades to tempt you to book, but thats a sign of the times istn it. Everything is at a premium at the moment.

Comment

Thanks, guess we knock that one off the list.
                Gunton hall just down the road wonder if that one is better

HOLME LACY HOUSE does look nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield, Waterlooville View Post
                  Thanks for doing that as we thought about Warners for a short break as it looks like no cruising this year for us.
                  We won't be going there that's for sure so forewarned is forearmed.

A few of us looked at Studley Castle for a sort of forum get together but it never came to fruition due to Covid.

Garf
                  Yes we were booked to do that Garf. It seems an age ago now. Maybe we should consider it again?

Jill

Comment

Thanks for your review, even though your experience of this Warners holiday was not too good. We have not been to Warners, but have been told that the ones in stately homes are very good.
                    It's good to read a new review and hope that those going on a Round Britain cruise will also review if they can.

Barb

Last edited by BandN, Markyate; 2nd June 2021, 02:01 PM. Reason: missed out a word

Comment

Originally posted by Bradbury, Coventry View Post
                      To be fair, I think I possibly picked the worst one. We are going to Holme Lacey in Hereford later in the year based in a stately home where I understand the set up is completely different and the rooms are more in keeping with conventional hotel rooms. We have paid for an upgrade to a signature room where you get little extra touches such as nicer toiletries, a few nibbles and bathrobe etc. There are supposed to be a couple of easy chairs and coffee table so I am hoping it will be more comfortable in that sense. Plus there are some lovely surrounding olde worlde towns to visit along with Ross on Wye and Simmonds Yat etc. so these will be our 'ports of call'
                      I also understand that there are more lounges and bars so I am still keeping an open mind. All be it the prices are eye watering and they have taken out of their system any upgrades or perks that they can usually offer such as discount if you make two bookings or free upgrades to tempt you to book, but thats a sign of the times istn it. Everything is at a premium at the moment.
                      I have agree with most of your review. I’ve stayed at eight of the Warner hotels when accompanying tour groups during my time in the travel industry. The hotels vary and those based in period properties with well kept grounds, are better then those situated at the coast. In my opinion the hotels are 2 /3 star. The experience is very much based on the staff and chef on duty at the time of your stay. The quality of the entertainment is variable, from reasonable to dire.

I have stayed in their chalets and I would not recommend them, unless you are on a very tight budget, as they are often very basic. The Signature rooms vary in quality, certainly a step up from the basic rooms, but, in my opinion, they do not justify the extra cost and many needed refurbishment. It’s possible the rooms may have been upgraded during lockdown?

Travel staff members were able to take advantage of bargain weekends for just £50. My colleagues and I often booked a girlie weekend break, as we had two Warner hotels within a short drive. At the price we paid we did not expect luxury, but I certainly would not consider paying cruise prices for a Warner hotel.

Comment

Originally posted by Bradbury, Coventry View Post
                        From my experience and study of the website the one you visited and Norton Grange on the Isle of Wight are at the bottom end of the Warner’s venues. We have done one nighters at Studley Castle, Holme Lacy and Littlecote and the 4 nighter at Sinah Warren referred to above. All very good. They are perhaps more “staid” like Oriana and Aurora or QV and QE rather than the razzamatazz of Independence of the Seas and the like.

For those of more a mature age they have one big advantage - they are what we call NBK (No B***** Kids) venues in our house. Prices have increased dramatically as we come out of lockdown along with the rest of the U.K. holiday industry.

As always horses for courses.

Comment

Hopefully some pictures, I cant seem to upload as say exceeds 2mb?
                          :
                          I am sure it use to give you the option of small thumbnails or med or large? Can anyone assist...I dont really want to faff around uploading to photobucket etc.?
                          Last edited by Bradbury, Coventry; 2nd June 2021, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Thanks for your review, we have been thinking about a Warner’s holiday and I joined an unofficial Warner’s Facebook group as it’s been many years since we last attended a Warner’s Sinah Warren at Hayling Island.

Your review is a mirror of what people are saying in this group, Warner’s are getting slated, not from first timers but from regular Warner’s guests, especially in regards to food and service, as you report, reduced menus, running out of food, food luke warm, delays between courses etc. This is not restricted to there’s seaside chalet resorts but also in their stately homes.

I have read of Warner’s cancelling people’s holidays with less than 24 hours notice due to staff not being able to cope, so they are reducing number of guests, a lot of the problems being caused by getting rid of the buffets due to covid,, they appear not to be able to handle the full table service.

They would have a fit on that site if they saw your review,

This is an extract from a post on the unofficial Warner’s site

Righto just finished a Thorsby break, understaffed, food rubbish (Saturday night wellingtons made my wife ill , the cod had more batter than cod ) asked for scrambled egg on toast which was refused as it would inconvenience the chef(you can’t make it up) drinks took forever to be served , Warner’s are taking the piss , £450 each for shabby service and poor food ( hope this comment doesn’t inconvenience the chef ) clearly they weren’t ready to open and just clawing back money, after working throughout the pandemic as a Engineer in a NHS hospital I expect more for my money and the break was a total disaster
                            Last edited by Delboy, Essex; 2nd June 2021, 08:17 PM.
                            Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

It sounds awful. I have no idea why you stayed

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X