• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Like a cruise but on land?- A Warners Break

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bradbury, Coventry
    started a topic Like a cruise but on land?- A Warners Break

Like a cruise but on land?- A Warners Break

I’ve been told it’s a bit like going on a cruise except you are on land ‘A cruise without a ship’ …..Hmmm ok so after several bookings were made and consequently cancelled over lock down; November, then December, then one at the start of Jan, one at the beginning of April and one at the end of April – Sixth booking now made and we are set for May Bank Holiday weekend. Its been a long time coming after so many disappointments, I was quite looking forward to it during the winter months, but now its upon us I am having my reservations. So we have booked a bog standard ‘chalet’ at a cost similar to, if not more than what we could go on a weekend cruise for! Now I am questioning am I mad! But what else is there to do? I am now having visions of some glorified Butlins Chalet, should I really pack my cruise cocktail dresses for the evenings? Have my expectations in my head built this up to be something it might not be. May Bank holiday weekend, with the whole population of the UK settled on UK soil and all wanting to go out and do something for the weekend, the traffic I imagine is going to be heavy. Fortunately, we like getting up and being on the road really early but still determined to try and beat the traffic jams I decide we must leave on the Thursday instead of Friday. Booking a night in a hotel now, with less than two weeks to go has proved to be a task in itself. I research, research research until I am happy with my choice. Choice however on this occasion was very lacking with 99% of accommodation fully booked within my search area. And a plan, I must have a plan. So the plan is leaving our home in Coventry very early Thursday am for a trip to the City of Norwich, breakfast in Weatherspoons and a few hours around the town sightseeing and shopping before we head off to use our National Trust membership at Blickling Hall. Everything finally fell into place after I found an old Coaching Inn very close to the NT place, so it seemed kind of right and with a bit of discount on booking .com and reviews of the food being excellent, this will do. The following morning will see us head off up to North Walsham where again by chance I noticed a Groupon deal for the Norwich Motorcycle Museum. Perfect for OH and a surprise treat for him. Then we can head off back down the coast through Great Yarmouth – somewhere I have never been and onto Corton Coastal Village which will be our home for the next three nights. The starring act is the Overtones and a comedy mind reading magician.

An early start sees us setting off for Norwich, nothing specific planned and no real research done beforehand, the main objective to head for a Weatherspoons for breakfast, then spend a couple of hours wandering. Its been around 20 plus years since we went to Norwich and I recall being unimpressed, so we are setting off with little expectations. With the assistance of google maps and parkopedia, a nice walk along the wharf we are here. We set off for the town down a little cobbled street, Norwich isnt looking so bad after all. In fact it turns out to be a lot bigger than I recall and has plenty of shops and shopping arcades, but a couple of hours is enough, so armed with our NT cards we head up to Blicking Hall and spend a pleasant hour wandering the gardens and the house, before finding our way to our Coaching Inn for the evening. Found by chance without much choice left on booking.com it turned out to be a good find. We were given a very lovely room with a large bay window set with two chairs and a table and a huge kingsize bed. As it was in the middle of no-where I had also booked us in for an evening meal and could tell from trip advisor this was a notch above your normal pub fayre. A bit pricy but worth it, local produce, freshly cooked and of a good standard, the same of which I can also say about the breakfast.

I have to say that at least this morning I had woken up with my spirits a bit more lifted, must be the weather forecast, that got me a bit more excited than I really had been for the past few weeks about our little trip away. So first day over and now the trip around the Norfolk coast down to the Sussex coast.

A surprise stop courtesy of a Groupon deal was the Norwich Motorcycle museum. I could see it was a lot of motorbikes crammed into a shed, so for OH I thought this was ideal. I hadn’t quite expected it to be so dilapidated and crammed full with dusty old bikes, but with OH moving barley inches at a time and enthusing about telling me this feature and that feature and this clutch and that pedal, this make and that make he was obviously enjoying it. Me I could have walked around the shed in and out in 30 second’s flat. Nevertheless, around half hour later and we were back on the road. We decided to go see what Cromer was like, not much to see here, so an hour was enough, even less at our next stop of Caister on Sea, infact we didn’t even get out of the car, so headed off looking for Great Yarmouth. Now don’t ask me how but somehow we missed it? We ended up at some historical working quay with no sign of a seaside resort in sight, decided that google was wrong and set off again. You have arrived at your destination, so we park up, to me it still didn’t feel as if we were in the right place and my gut was right, we were now in Gorleston, another wasted car park fee which offered us nothing more than a chance to stretch our legs for 10 minutes. By now however it was gone 2 so I decided we would finish the short journey to Corton where we are staying with Warners.

Just pretend its an inside cabin, no maybe at least an outside, we do have a window after all. I am expecting little more than a box room with the basics, my heart sinking a bit as we pull in looking at the sad chalets obviously from some long gone era, what have we let ourselves in for. I am really trying to be open minded but OH can see I have already made my mind up.

The chalet (my outside cabin) is a box with a bed, a dressing table with a sitting recess above which sits the tv but the mirror is on the other side. A bit of rearranging of the furniture is required before I can at least sit and do hair and make up Infront of the mirror, but the problem now is the chair is up against the foot of the bed so you can’t walk by to get to the bathroom. The bathroom has a bath – a very small bath with a basic shower over it. The toiletries are a meagre offering of the tiniest tubes you can possibly get and certainly not enough for two of you to use in one night. Not even a fridge so I cant even have a nice cold G&T in the room. Don’t get me wrong, its all very clean and modern but it’s a chalet is all my head is telling me. Thank goodness the sun is out, I think I would have wanted to go home there and then. I cant get my head around the ‘’we are in a glorified Butlins’’ mentality. Nevertheless we head off to find the outside bar seating area. I can see through OH's plan, ply me with drink and I will settle down. Three cocktails later and a nice glow on my face from the sun and the alcohol, a little more happier and settled we go back to the room having little time to rest before our 6.30 dinner. (It had always been on mind that this was perhaps too early but having been assured by the reception that it was a good time, kept with it). At this particular Warners unlike most of the ones based in Stately homes, the restaurant is part of the show lounge – like a cabaret lounge. Your allocated table is yours for the evening to dine and watch the show. The staff are exceptional so far, extremely efficient, friendly and nothing too much trouble. The food very, very good and dare I say it of cruise ship quality. By 7.30 we are more or less finished and the first entertainment of the evening kicks off with a saxophonist, sadly by 8.15 OH is desperate to go, tired from the day and we depart before the main event of a mind reading comedy, magician. This firmly made my mind up that it was a stretch too far to dine so early and then wait it out until the main evening entertainment which I think starts around 9.30pm. I must change the dining time tomorrow as this defying the object of the stay.

The jury is very much still out with me on this one. This has the flip side of two coins so far. A chalet room although nicely decorated and quite modern, still nothing extra to offer, a patio with two plastic chairs people walking by, looking in, me in a state of half undress most of the time, between changing and showering, getting changed for dinner, I really dont want the curtains closed 24/7 Its very basic accommodation, nowhere nice to sit and relax, it is literally somewhere to sleep and that is it. I know I booked a standard room, so its my own fault. This is where my problem is. We do go away to holiday parks, have a beautiful lodge with lovely bedrooms ensuite, two tvs’ a modern kitchen, lovely lounge, nice veranda at half the cost of this, with onsite live entertainment. However this is where the difference is, the entertainment on the park we go to is stereotypically family orientated, beer encrusted carpet, crisps on floor, kids having a good time against this very adult ambiance, nice background music and upmarket entertainment. Quite a contrast. But weighing up a relaxing place to stay against the evening entertainment is the thing that’s playing on my mind. This particular Warners has the evening bit right but the daytime accommodation and facilities wrong. It is in the middle of no-where, no shop, no village, no pub, you need to get in the car to go somewhere. Even the beach is just a concrete walkway only accessible if the tide is right.

I think what is bugging me is we have spent on this break what we could have spent on a cruise, where is the comparison? A lengthy debate ensued the prior evening as Warners offer a first timers policy of a refund if after one night you dont find it up to expectations you can leave and have a full refund. Both of us feeling this could well be an option, a bit of the same conversation follows in the morning, but my time is precious I dont get many spare annual leave days from work, we could be wasting a bank holiday weekend, I even try to look see if there is availability at a caravan park we like across the other side of the coast. Nevertheless we head for breakfast and stop at reception to change our evening dining time to the latest possible slot. On spec I decided it was time to ask to speak to a Duty manager as it was time to air my views. The receptionist took us to one side and listened to my concerns, I can put up with hearing drawers opening and closing, I can put up with hearing people walk above me, I can put up with hearing next door open and close the wardrobe door, but what I cant put up with is living in a box thats likes a goldfish bowl. When I am getting ready , walking in and out of the bathroom, showering, sitting at the dressing table in my underwear, we have a steady stream of people walking by whom I can clearly see, and so they will be able to see me, which now means the curtains need to be closed 24/7. There is nowhere to sit and relax in the room, its nicley furnished clean and modern - functional but that is it, nothing more, nothing less. She asked what she could do and said if there was an upgrade she would move us, but said nothing was available, I wasn’t really fishing for that, it was more about making a point if I am paying for the equivalent of what I would pay for a weekend cruise then I have high expectations of what is on offer. I said I didnt think really there was anything she could do, it was more my perception of things. I cannot fault in any way the concept of the evening entertainment, level of service and staff; and really knowing how I can pick fault with just about anything as I take in so much of the minor detail that is saying something. We left her with our thoughts.

The Sun Saves The day.
    We head off for breakfast, the sun is out and we are offered a choice to sit outside, which was quickly uptaken by OH. He knows me too well. This could clinch the day. Breakfast was undoubtedly on the level of top class Cruise Ship fayre. The best of both worlds which for me is a mixture of the standard buffet breakfast and Captains Club offerings. Order as much as you want; anything from OJ, smoothies, Pancakes, fresh fruit, cereals, Full English, Eggs benedict or Royale, pastries, kippers, haddock, cold meat deli and cheese platter., just about anything you could possibly want from a breakfast menu. Even the coffee met my standards.

Returning from breakfast the sun is out, hot and shining right onto our little patio area. Finding our feet and this is calming me down, we sit and enjoy the weather for a couple of hours. Not wanting to do much now we wander off for a walk around the holiday park, its so nice to both hear and see the sea. Walking back to our chalet a lady overhears me saying about perhaps trying the pool. Oh its lovely she said I have just come out, so off I go to book my slot. Fortunately, available in 40 minutes at 12.30 this will do. Bookings are made at the pool entrance infront of which has been placed an office desk. Offering my details and finding out what the score is with changing etc. I head off back to rest and change. The changing rooms are out of action so you go ready to get in and they provide a towel along with a bathrobe should you require one. A shower before entering is a pre requisite in an open tiled area. So once in the pool I start to absorb my surroundings ….......really I can tell you there is nothing relaxing, or peaceful or in any way shape or form. Our local swimming baths offer better surroundings. It is a small curved pool with max of 4 persons allowed due to covid and four would make it full at the best of times. I survey around me at the head of the pool is the most ridiculous office set up, literally on the pools edge two office chairs a desk and an open office cupboard full of all sorts of bits of untidy paraphernalia. The outskirts of the pool as I pan around are plastic lockers a top with abandoned boxes. A full size blue wheelie bin, along with a further two smaller round black bins, just a load of unsightly ancillary equipment then on the other side two white plastic loungers and a beige bistro table which are supposed to make it look appealing but far from it, the walls look like some old warehouse, plastered with H&S signs of every combination colour and size. This is not luxury. It is a pool nothing more nothing less. 15 minutes I'm out and back to the ‘cabin’ to shower and freshen up. I really feel like grabbing the management and saying get in this pool, open your eyes and take a good look around you.

I also realise that I must be so despondent; as you know I like to populate my blogs with photos and realise I have taken little if any as its really not worthy, well perhaps thats wrong there really is nothing much to photograph.

This afternoon we head off to the 2pm quiz Name that Tune. I have that invigorated feeling of the swim combined with a lovely glow from the sun and sitting inside ready to do the quiz I do get that ‘Cruise Ship Feeling' Yes I could actually believe I was on a cruise ship, its very much got that atmosphere. Only around 6 couples participated on very socially distanced tables and yet here is the weirdest thing we are asked to fill in a track and trace at the end! Really! This is the same room everyone shares in the evening sitting far closer together and full capacity of a couple of hundred people for the evening meal and entertainment and yet we need to track and trace for a quiz, unbelievable. Anyway 80's is not my era but we persist with it just for the experience and to pass some time. Then back to what has now been redubbed the ínside cabin' due to having to have the curtains permanently closed to. Not only are we in a courtyard we are on the main throughfare to the reception from our side of the site. Perhaps it could have been worse, some of the chalets overlook the road or are in a remote back area of nothingness.

Tonight is the headline act the 4-Tunes and we have managed to rearrange our dining for the latest time this evening of 7.30. We are seated in actually suite a good position to see the stage and have a reasonably clear view. Our order is placed, I am sorry I have to warn you there is no more this, no more that and no more the other left from the menu. Ahh, this is the problem of dining at the last possible time. Ok so thought of choices now rearranged we wait on our starters of tempura vegetables and pulled chilli mac, then we waited and waited and waited, we were seated at 7.20 and 8.30 the mains have still not arrived. I cannot fault the waiter he came up to us at least three times to apologise and to update us on what he had done who he had told etc. But getting almost to the point now of not wanting to eat, our mains arrived an hour after the starters. OH opting for sea bass with a teriyaki sauce; which I robbed most of as it complemented the gammon and the veg nicely. By now one of the entertainment staff was doing a solo singing slot of the old classics from the movies, Pleasant and enjoyable.

We order dessert again to be told I am sorry but the computer is saying we are out of that too. I think the poor guy read my face so well, and miraculously pulled out of the bag the said red velvet cheesecake, which was divine and married up with some fig and honey icecream.

I think we just managed to clear the table of food before the headline act announced themselves on stage. This is their very first live performance since lockdown and they are proud to tell us most of their gigs are on cruise ships and how much they have missed it. After their initial song, they dedicated the second song to cruising as its one of the favourites they perform on the ships - A Bobby Darren hit Somewhere Beyond the Sea. I actually find it very emotional as I sense their emotion too in finally being able to go back to what they love best, singing live on stage. Tbh you can tell they are a bit rusty and I spot a few mistakes and minor hiccups but you can also tell they are very good. Their repertoire a mix of Sinatra, Classics from the musicals, Tom Jones, Queens Bohemian Rhapsody and Crazy little thing called love. ,Elton John and a finale of a tribute to Frankie Valley to which finally we were allowed to stand at our table and dance. I have to say half way through the performance I could almost feel that slight judder of the ships engines, yes I really truly at this point could be onboard a cruise ship. It was totally comparable to a cruise ship experience. A very enjoyable evening.

Sunday morning
    Breakfast service was very slow again an hours wait for the main breakfast to arrive, it’s a good job its Sunday and we are not in any hurry. Again an excellent breakfast.

This morning we put the roof down on the car and head off to Southwold, along with the rest of the bank holiday crowds. We spend an hour or so walking the windy pier and seafront before heading back up the coast and decide to find a Weatherspoon’s at Lowestoft. Another sad little town with a single high street. Back at base we rest up as the weather is on the cloudy side. This evening is the Warners Production show. Not too fussed this evening about our early dining slot we turn up at our allotted time of 6.30 not wanting to be faced with a ‘not much choice of leftovers’ scenario. Todays roast is Beef, of which we both decide to have along with starters of Italian meatballs. Our mains arrive and I immediately spot the difference. OH has 5 slices of beef all around 10cm long whereas I have 5 slices of beef 5 cm long. Obviously from a different cut but I only have half of what he has. I try to cut into mine and can see this is going to be tough. OH has his nicely pink still in the middle (Note there was no option of how you wanted this cooked) mine was lets say well done. After much chewing and eating my way through half of the meal, the waiters comes along and asks if everything is ok – did we need anything else. I show him just how tough my meat is and he offers a steak knife, not really the point; its tough and chewy. So I am offered something else. Not wanting another full dinner as I had already ploughed through half of it, I opt for a deli platter of Roast pepper tart, salad and pickle , just to fill the gap. I will say vegetables seem to be hit and miss and you get whatever who happens to be serving you fancies putting on your plate. Despite ordering same main courses, one evening I had broccoli, green beans and carrots, OH had broccoli, Red Cabbage and Red peppers! Its three roast potatoes as standard but regardless of size, so I could end up with three runt ends and OH three large pieces. You can of course ask for more though, but just my observation!.

The cheesecake was a must again for tonight as it was so good.

The evenings entertainment was the live band with a very good female singer, followed by the Warners production Show. Four of the ent’s team singing a range of songs from the Beatles 70’s up to the 90’s. It was nothing special and tbh quite amateurish, the outfits quite laughable as they looked like they had just walked off the street in some random charity shop clothes. My mind does work in funny ways but that’s what I thought. The evening was finished off with the Band and somehow we managed to dance between, in and around the tables. It felt like some sort of normality had returned to the world. Yes definitely an option for those that like cruising. I cannot fault the staff, they are so customer orientated, its not just a cursory what would you like to order, they engage with you, they are attentive, they always ask is there anything else I can get you. And there are plenty of them, I was astounded at the amount of wait staff they have each evening, I counted I think 20 in the room and that’s without the behind bar staff, kitchen staff and chefs.

Check out was swift enough, your bill for the weekend being handed out at breakfast charged to your card but giving you the opportunity to query anything before you leave. Although you need a good memory – as the bill is not detailed – only date, time and Bar charge and amount.

Would I go again, NO not to this one but for sure I will give it another try. I already have a break booked at one of their Stately homes so am hoping for a totally different experience.

Is it value for money? Well sorry no, I cant get my head around the fact that our break in July has cost just shy of £800, this is without drinks and without lunch! So expecting a total spend of £1000

We have just booked a 3 night Princess Seacation for less than this including drinks, grats and wifi and of course 24/7 food and a Balcony Cabin. I know which one I would rather be doing.
    Last edited by Bradbury, Coventry; 1st June 2021, 07:40 PM.

• Bradbury, Coventry
    replied
    Just resurrecting this thread, prompted by Carol as she has mentioned Warners in another topic.

I did revisit Warners after Corton. We went to Holme Lacey Herefordshire min July and what a contrast. Thought you might be interested to know how I found it.

We booked a privilege room which is a brighter newer modern decorated room with a few extra touches such as bathrobes, juices, water and nibbles. We had a little patio with a nice bistro table and chairs outside and two nice easy chairs and footstools in the room with a much bigger room than the box we had at Corton. I did have to ask for a proper chair for the dressing table though as they expected you to sit on the footstool which was ridiculously low.
    The food was ok but much reduced menu than they had at Corton and I did notice they had pub style glasses for the wine unlike Corton who had the proper extra large glasses made of finer glass. The napkins were the worst though - thin strips of tissue paper worse than loo paper for both breakfast and evening meal - done away with the proper serviettes. Definitely signs of cost cutting by all measures.
    They had a great Piano player - ex Cunard Paino and Crooner man, he was great. The main shows were fabulous and they had a lovely pool area inside, great grounds and good location - all in all it was a big contrast to our first experience.
    Thing that sticks in my throat though is we paid more for that weekend than a 3 night cruise!

Leave a comment:

• Topdeck, London
    replied
    That's a result, if they have had a few complains and fallen short then setting up reasonable auto compensation without further discussion is an appropriate use of resources.

Leave a comment:

• Bradbury, Coventry
    replied
    Well hows this for a response. I sent my 'official complaint' at tea time on Saturday and got a reply by lunchtime on Sunday with an offer of £150 refund.
    I certainly cant fault their customer service, albeit I did feel it was pretty much a standard response and do wonder if they had made note/taken action on some of my points other than the meals, as basically what was being refunded was £25pp pn in relation to the cost of the evening meals.
    But its left me feeling a little more happier in regards to my next visit.

Leave a comment:

• Bradbury, Coventry
    replied
    A few days after we got back I did a very comprehensive feedback but I guess that just measures their ratings and they dont or cant read everything written. so I did decide to make a more formal complaint - lets wait and see what happens.

Leave a comment:

• Delboy, Essex
    replied
    Bradbury

This may be if interest, saw this copy of an EMail on Warner’s unofficial Facebook page this morning.

I got an email today from Warners Head Office. The first week they reopened there were problems in various venues regarding the quality of the food and also long waiting times for food to arrive. We were at Corton for the weekend from 21st May. Anyway, Warners have offered us a refund of £25 per person, per night. For two of us that’s £150 which we are going to accept.

From what I’ve been reading there’s been some changes since then. We had never had cause to take a complaint to Head Office before but felt we needed to on this occasion. Many thanks Warners for dealing with it so promptly. Looking forward to going back to Corton in July. The hard working staff always make it feel like it’s a home from home.

Leave a comment:

• jc, liverpool
    replied
    Hi all
    My daughter,husband and daughters 7yr old and 4 month old are in Butlins Skegness for the weekend.
    Over 5 hours drive to get there yesterday,,my son in law loves driving,I hate it.

Facetimed last night,she said first impressions good although she said it was rammed with kids…Arrrg!!!!

They got an accommodation upgrade from Silver to Gold,,,,it looked very modern,,,not the ‘huts’ when I used to go to Butlins.
    The Gold accommodation has everything you need.

She pre-booked swimming before she left home.good job it was all booked up,,,the 7 yr old would have been devastated if no swimming.
    I said have a dip in the North Sea,,,she said it’s 10deg colder in Lincolnshire than the Merseyside she left.

Plenty of eating places on site,,,because they were tired after the drive (the 7 yr old was saying ‘are we there yet’ even before they got out of town) the did the pizza place last night.
    The x2 shows for the kids were 19:30 whilst they were eating,the other at 21:45 whilst they were getting the baby settled.

She said I would find it a nightmare in school holiday time…..at least she has got away for a break.

JC

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs, Tyne and Wear
    replied
    When we get bad service it's the manager/owner who needs to know that unless they improve we won't be going back & will be telling people about them. It's a pain having to fill bad reviews in but it needs to be done. If we get good service & food we also need to report that too.

There's been plenty of bleating and moaning going on about how these businesses are struggling through being closed. Well they should realise that they won't survive unless they give people decent food & drink as well as good service.

Hope that Marella get things sorted out for our short cruise in the North Sea in July. The service may not be what we are used to if it's a new crew but they will have had a month to practise if the cruises go ahead. Foodwise I'm not expecting Raymond Blanc's Le Manoir standards but surely the chefs shouldn't have forgotten how to cook!

Leave a comment:

• annie, Glasgow
    replied
    Originally posted by JohnR, Chippenham View Post
    I wonder if their visit was as soon as hotels could open up again on the 17th May and staff and systems were not up to speed after the long shut down.

It will be interesting to see if the cruise ships have fully trained and up to speed staff for the first couple of UK cruises to nowhere after such a long break and with the virus causing big problems in India.
    I know you follow Gary Bembridge on You Tube and he made that very point - it will take time for everyone to get up to speed.

I visited a coffee shop in a tourist town yesterday and do wonder if a section of the hospitality trade has learned anything from the lockdown? Underwhelming experience JMO. Even my very forgiving sister commented we will try another place next time.

Annie

Leave a comment:

• Cunardcruiser, at sea
    replied
    Originally posted by Bradbury, Coventry View Post
    To be fair, I think I possibly picked the worst one. We are going to Holme Lacey in Hereford later in the year based in a stately home where I understand the set up is completely different and the rooms are more in keeping with conventional hotel rooms. We have paid for an upgrade to a signature room where you get little extra touches such as nicer toiletries, a few nibbles and bathrobe etc. There are supposed to be a couple of easy chairs and coffee table so I am hoping it will be more comfortable in that sense. Plus there are some lovely surrounding olde worlde towns to visit along with Ross on Wye and Simmonds Yat etc. so these will be our 'ports of call'
    I also understand that there are more lounges and bars so I am still keeping an open mind. All be it the prices are eye watering and they have taken out of their system any upgrades or perks that they can usually offer such as discount if you make two bookings or free upgrades to tempt you to book, but thats a sign of the times istn it. Everything is at a premium at the moment.
    You might like to consider 'Littlecote House' My home town of Hungerford) Steeped in History ( Henry V111 held clandestine meetings with Jane Seymour at Littlecote House)
    set in wonderful gardens and grounds, including a Roman mosaic unearthed some years ago. And not to forget, Hungerford market town on the Kennett & Avon canal.

Leave a comment:

• JohnR, Chippenham
    replied
    Originally posted by Delboy, Essex View Post
    This is an extract from a post on the unofficial Warner’s site

Righto just finished a Thorsby break, understaffed, food rubbish (Saturday night wellingtons made my wife ill , the cod had more batter than cod ) asked for scrambled egg on toast which was refused as it would inconvenience the chef(you can’t make it up) drinks took forever to be served , Warner’s are taking the piss , £450 each for shabby service and poor food ( hope this comment doesn’t inconvenience the chef ) clearly they weren’t ready to open and just clawing back money, after working throughout the pandemic as a Engineer in a NHS hospital I expect more for my money and the break was a total disaster
    I wonder if their visit was as soon as hotels could open up again on the 17th May and staff and systems were not up to speed after the long shut down.

It will be interesting to see if the cruise ships have fully trained and up to speed staff for the first couple of UK cruises to nowhere after such a long break and with the virus causing big problems in India.

Leave a comment:

• Delboy, Essex
    replied
    Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
    Hi Del
    I don’t think you needed to post the 1/3rd time.
    Your post was there for all to see before my last post.
    Did you delete it before C&P the one at 11:07.

Not sure if that’s explained right?
    JC
    Hi JC

All I know is on reading my posts back sometimes due spelling or a missed out word I go back to amend (edit), after the amendment when I try to repost, it states ‘you have no authority to amend this post’, when I check back on the original it states unapproved. ?. The last time it also said this has been classed as Spam?

My way round this is to copy and then delete the original, then repost adding the notification that my previous were unapproved.

Leave a comment:

• jc, liverpool
    replied
    Hi Del
    I don’t think you needed to post the 1/3rd time.
    Your post was there for all to see before my last post.
    Did you delete it before C&P the one at 11:07.

Not sure if that’s explained right?
    JC

Leave a comment:

• Delboy, Essex
    replied
    Why is it with the forum that whenever You seem to make an edit it often comes up as Spam and unapproved.

This is my third attempt

As your review states and I quote, “So first day over and now the trip around the Norfolk coast down to the ‘Sussex coast’.” 😳🤣

That is some trip and in order to do so, you would not have had the time to explore the delights that the ‘Suffolk Coast’ had to offer.😉

EXPLORE THE SUFFOLK COAST

The Suffolk Coast is a 50-mile stretch of heritage coastline and Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty situated just two hours from central London. As well as being a wildlife lover’s paradise and a photographer’s dream, The Suffolk Coast is one of the best places to visit in Suffolk if you love foid, seaside life, and world-class culture.

The towns and villages on The Suffolk Coast are wonderfully varied. The largest is Lowestoft, which boasts a wide sandy beach and access to the beautiful Suffolk Broads. At the other end of the scale is Orford, a tiny fishing village that possesses an unexpected bounty of foodie delights, and a depth of folklore surrounding its unique castle.

Dunwich is one of The Suffolk Coast’s smallest villages, yet it opens out onto an expanse of kaleidoscopic heathland rich with wildlife.Snape, too, is surrounded by natural beauty: the perfect backdrop for the musical events taking place there every year.

Like Snape, Aldeburgh is a magnet for cultural tourists to The Suffolk Coast, who come to experience its acclaimed arts festivalsand fabulous food. Families gravitate towards Kessingland, home to one of Suffolk’s most popular family attractions, and the fairytale village of Thorpness, famed for its Peter-Pan-inspired boating lake. With its promenade, seafront gardens, and 16th century fort, Felixstowe remains a favourite for families who love a traditional seaside holiday.

Another quintessential seaside town on The Suffolk Coast is Southwold, perennially adored for its beach huts, fantastic pier, and charming coastal pubs; meanwhile neighbouring Walsberswick has long been a haunt for artists and writers, who find inspiration in its nostalgic character and beauty. 😎

Don’t think we have ever had a holiday that was so awful we felt the need to come home early, some places not up to scratch, but we always try to make the best of any given situation, or maybe we don’t set our expectations too high to start with.

As for Warner’s this was a post on there Facebook page today.

Thinking of booking a holiday at Warner’s do they provide rooms and food or do we take our own food and sleep in a tent?🤭

Leave a comment:

• jc, liverpool
    replied
    Hi Bradbury.
    If the act you saw,,the ‘4 -Tunes’ is the same ‘4 -Tunes’ I saw on a P&O cruise I thought them very good,a bit like the Jersey Boys.
    I think they are regulars on P&O ships.

JC

Leave a comment:

We use cookies to give you the
best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
agree to our cookie policy

Working...
X