• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flybe in trouble again?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

Glasgow to SOTON by train - I'll pass thanks.

Annie
    What will be the alternative Annie ?

Comment

Originally posted by mike, lanarkshire View Post

What will be the alternative Annie ?
      Simple - don't cruise from SOTON

Annie

Comment

Simple - don't cruise from SOTON

Annie
        Don’t think it’s that simple - many of the Southampton loyalists out there won’t be too happy.
        Last edited by mike, lanarkshire; 13th January 2020, 09:58 PM.

Comment

Don’t think it’s that simple - many of the Southampton loyalists out there won’t be too happy.
          The latest is that a proposal is to be put to Javid by Shapps to defer APD tax bill of £100 million by 3 years.

Another alternative is Eavesway but I wouldn't do that.

I know I am lucky, I don't have to cruise ex UK.

Annie

Comment

DD0A9F0A-9F45-4DE5-A823-2D85CCA08CE6.jpeg
            Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
            Hi all
            Will this affect Southampton sailings?
            I believe Flybe are the main carrier at Southampton Airport,,,,,if people now have to fly to London airports and transfer to pick up a ship it will be extra cost.
            Probably cheaper to use Easyjet/Ryanair and pick up a cruise in Europe.
            JC
            This may be of interest re Southampton

Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

The latest is that a proposal is to be put to Javid by Shapps to defer APD tax bill of £100 million by 3 years.

Annie
              Would we have been able to offer this bail out if we were still in the EU?

John

Comment

Originally posted by Haworth, Wokingham View Post

John
                From what I read/heard this a.m. this is industry wide not company specific.

However there is more news:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/business-51085780

Annie

Comment

From what I read/heard this a.m. this is industry wide not company specific.

However there is more news:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/business-51085780

Annie
                  Interesting thanks

Looks like smoke and mirrors to offer a subsidy, could be a very interesting precedent

John

Comment

They are the only ones flying Belfast to Soton too. Will have to watch this space!

Comment

Originally posted by cruiser, Larne View Post
                      They are the only ones flying Belfast to Soton too. Will have to watch this space!
                      ..........and if Fly Be go to the wall, the implications for airports such as Soton could also be in jeopardy.

Take Fly Be out of Soton and it could become unsustainable.................Wilba
                      Wilba

Comment

Update on sky news.....rescue package has just been agreed.

Comment

Update on sky news.....rescue package has just been agreed.
                          https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51113895

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by Haworth, Wokingham View Post

John
                            https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51117885

Anniw

Comment

Glasgow to SOTON by train - I'll pass thanks.

Annie
                              Several years ago we we had a TA booked, Southampton to Miami. We booked flights from Manchester as we could fly back direct. We booked Flybe Glasgow to Manchester but by approx 3 months prior to flight Flybe had cancelled and moved our flight twice but as the last change was over their 2/3 hour flight change we were allowed to cancel. I booked first class on the train for cheaper than flights and it was more relaxing. BTW you can get a train with only one change from Glasgow to Southampton. Mind you we always drive down the night before, it takes approx 7-8 hours with stops.
                              don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Originally posted by Issyalex, Glasgow View Post

Several years ago we we had a TA booked, Southampton to Miami. We booked flights from Manchester as we could fly back direct. We booked Flybe Glasgow to Manchester but by approx 3 months prior to flight Flybe had cancelled and moved our flight twice but as the last change was over their 2/3 hour flight change we were allowed to cancel. I booked first class on the train for cheaper than flights and it was more relaxing. BTW you can get a train with only one change from Glasgow to Southampton. Mind you we always drive down the night before, it takes approx 7-8 hours with stops.
                                I love train travel.

However in the UK travelling on the train with 'hold' luggage can present challenges.

However you can travel from Nagasaki to Yokohama (600 miles approx ) in 7 hours sending your luggage on ahead - bliss. It is not bullet train all the way either.

Annie

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                                best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                                agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                                X