• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The www.CRUISE.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flybe in trouble again?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flybe in trouble again?

Flybe in survival talks again one year after Virgin stepped in.

https://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/news/g...DyFrAS1FRO9ADc
    don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Originally posted by Issyalex, Glasgow View Post
    Flybe in survival talks again one year after Virgin stepped in.

https://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/news/g...DyFrAS1FRO9ADc
    I heard this last night. Flybe are tight lipped. I hope they can work something out.

Annie

Comment

Hi all
      I fly to the Isle of Man half a dozen times a year.
      I fly Easyjet because they are usually far cheaper than Flybe.
      Flybe also have a habit if their planes are half full on a day in question they will cancel flights and consolidate all passengers onto one flight.
      JC
      C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
      "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

I heard this last night. Flybe are tight lipped. I hope they can work something out.

Annie
        So do I......sign of the times unfortunately. It will mean that flying domestic (and European) will be even more expensive. That said, it’s the job losses that matter. Lot of uncertainty for the 2000 staff. I believe E&Y are on standby.

Comment

Sad really. I’ve always had a good experience flying with FlyBe, so I hope they can find a way to survive.

I have a friend who works for them as a pilot so I’ll be keeping my fingers extra crossed!
          Duncan S

See my blog!

Comment

Hi all
            Will this affect Southampton sailings?
            I believe Flybe are the main carrier at Southampton Airport,,,,,if people now have to fly to London airports and transfer to pick up a ship it will be extra cost.
            Probably cheaper to use Easyjet/Ryanair and pick up a cruise in Europe.
            JC

Comment

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
              Hi all
              Will this affect Southampton sailings?
              I believe Flybe are the main carrier at Southampton Airport,,,,,if people now have to fly to London airports and transfer to pick up a ship it will be extra cost.
              Probably cheaper to use Easyjet/Ryanair and pick up a cruise in Europe.
              JC
              Not only that JC but I read in the other place that those booked on Celebrity Flight packages often have Flybe as the feeder flight into London Transatlantic flights - I assume Virgin.
              However it is reported that the Accounts show no profit for the last 5 years.

Annie

Comment

I understand the government are looking to see how they can help as 38% of Flybe’s business are UK domestic flights.
                Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

Not only that JC but I read in the other place that those booked on Celebrity Flight packages often have Flybe as the feeder flight into London Transatlantic flights - I assume Virgin.
                  However it is reported that the Accounts show no profit for the last 5 years.

Annie
                  Hi Annie
                  I have a cruise booked with Celebrity arranged flights from Manchester,,,,,with Jet2,hope they are safe.
                  JC

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy, Essex View Post
                    I understand the government are looking to see how they can help as 38% of Flybe’s business are UK domestic flights.
                    Hi Del
                    The free-marketeers in the cabinet won't like that.
                    Jc

Comment

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
                      Hi Annie
                      I have a cruise booked with Celebrity arranged flights from Manchester,,,,,with Jet2,hope they are safe.
                      JC
                      Famous last words - I wouldn't worry - very successful and a Which recommended provider FWIW.

Annie

Comment

Our US flights last October were with Virgin Atlantic. Our first and last flights were with Flybe to/from Manchester. We were really worried last year incase they went into administration. It’s a trying time for anyone who’s booked with Flybe and for the staff.

If they do go into administration who’s going to take over their domestic routes? 🤔

Comment

Our US flights last October were with Virgin Atlantic. Our first and last flights were with Flybe to/from Manchester. We were really worried last year incase they went into administration. It’s a trying time for anyone who’s booked with Flybe and for the staff.

If they do go into administration who’s going to take over their domestic routes? 🤔
                          Hi Issyalex

There are no guarantees that any airline would want the routes especially if they are loss making.

Fingers crossed that it does not come to that.

Annie

Comment

Hi Issyalex

There are no guarantees that any airline would want the routes especially if they are loss making.

Fingers crossed that it does not come to that.

Annie
                            Sadly I don’t think anyone will take over the routes. The trains will do a roaring trade.

Comment

Sadly I don’t think anyone will take over the routes. The trains will do a roaring trade.
                              Glasgow to SOTON by train - I'll pass thanks.

Annie

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X