• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Children aboard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Children aboard

Just booked a week aboard Grand Princess next September 18 this will be my first cruise with children. Two girls aged 12 and 15 nearly 16 has anybody taken children of similar ages and what were your experiences. any tips. Have booked a mini suite to share so hoping for enough space together. Deb

bovvered

Hi Yes we have taken children of differing ages at different times. we went on Grand in May, lovely ship and we had 7 grandchildren with us. One was 16, she was quite happy to do the things we did, sun bathe and rerad a book, listen to music or play dvd or play DS. They really don't need entertaining the same way as younger ones may, having said that they too only went to the club on 2 afternoons when the weather wasn't so good. I'm sure they will enjoy themselves as too will you. The only thing i will say is that they will be able to go around on their own more as that isn't something you could do in an hotel but on a ship it's fine so long as you know where they will be. We were even able to let the younger ones do tjat, some together obviously. you'll have a fabulous time and don't forget you are not on board all the time anyway, presumably you will want to go off ship to see the places you are visiting? Enjoy.

Comment

Hi we went on queen victoria in July with 2 granddaughters 13 &15 activities were great abd the girls couldn't have been better looked after and had lots to do

Comment

Can anyone tell me if there tends to be a lot of children on cruises outside of school holidays, just a little worried that my children will be lonely in the kids club

Comment

Kids Club

Originally posted by eiles, chesterfield View Post
          Can anyone tell me if there tends to be a lot of children on cruises outside of school holidays, just a little worried that my children will be lonely in the kids club
          I note you are on IOTS, probably the biggest family draw of any cruise ship, so I wouldn't worry about them being lonely. It's probably you who will be lonely as you will never see them once they integrate with their new found friends..........Wilba
          Wilba

Comment

We sailed on the Freedom Of The Sea last October (not school holidays) around the caribbean. My son who was nearly 5 had the time of his life. Spent most of it in the kids club, could not get him out of there. For such a large ship there was never more than a dozen kids in his age group (we did a 2 week back to back).

Comment

Thank you all for the advice

Comment

Originally posted by Deb, Alfreton View Post
                Just booked a week aboard Grand Princess next September 18 this will be my first cruise with children. Two girls aged 12 and 15 nearly 16 has anybody taken children of similar ages and what were your experiences. any tips. Have booked a mini suite to share so hoping for enough space together. Deb
                Closer to your cruise date you can call Princess and ask how many kids are booked- they will usually tell you. Other cruise lines that I have asked,will not.
                There will always be some kids on board, for those parents who do not get a choice of peak vacation times from their jobs, or to save $$ .

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                X