• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Salsa dancing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Salsa dancing

Has anyone cruised with Royal Carribbean on Freedom of Seas, Liberty of Seas or Independance of the Seas and used the Latin Night Club. If so tell me what you experienced.
    Thanks, Jules:D

Not that this applies to what you've asked about above but..
    when we were on Carnival Victory we discoverd a hot-as-hell Salsa band on board
    4? guys out of Puerto Rico I think.

They played a bar on Deck 5, at the very stern of the ship
    and they were HOT! I was mesmerised.

Cruise Ships - Profile Ticker

Comment

Originally posted by Jules, Lydney View Post
      Has anyone cruised with Royal Carribbean on Freedom of Seas, Liberty of Seas or Independance of the Seas and used the Latin Night Club. If so tell me what you experienced.
      Thanks, Jules:D
      Are you talking about the Boleros bar? If you are sailing any of those ships in the Caribbean you will have lots of South Floridians on board ( of Cuban heritage) and they can really dance Salsa. The beautiful people, I call them. They always have a Cuban band, which I love. It's my favorite place to go in the evening. The best Boleros bar is on Majesty of the Seas, one of their smaller ships, she sails 4 and 3 nights from Miami, and Boleros is always packed and jumping!

Comment

Boleros Bars

Originally posted by Cruise Fairy, Indiana USA View Post
        Are you talking about the Boleros bar? If you are sailing any of those ships in the Caribbean you will have lots of South Floridians on board ( of Cuban heritage) and they can really dance Salsa. The beautiful people, I call them. They always have a Cuban band, which I love. It's my favorite place to go in the evening. The best Boleros bar is on Majesty of the Seas, one of their smaller ships, she sails 4 and 3 nights from Miami, and Boleros is always packed and jumping!
        Thanks for this info, I didn't realise that there were Boleros Bars on all of the Royal Carribbean Ships, really into salsa so will look this Ship up on the net. Will need a longer cruise though as will be flying in from the UK. We are interested in the ships I mentioned as they have a wave machine and a climbing wall and we fancy having a go at them. Thanks again and keep cruising and if you're not dancing have a go !!

Comment

Originally posted by Jules, Lydney View Post
          Thanks for this info, I didn't realise that there were Boleros Bars on all of the Royal Carribbean Ships, really into salsa so will look this Ship up on the net. Will need a longer cruise though as will be flying in from the UK. We are interested in the ships I mentioned as they have a wave machine and a climbing wall and we fancy having a go at them. Thanks again and keep cruising and if you're not dancing have a go !!

You called it a nightclub but it's a circular bar with seating around, over to the left is armchair lounge type seating and to the right of the bar is a dance floor, so it's not really a club with doors etc as such.
          Have a look at the deckplan for Freedom of the Seas here-
          Freedom of the Seas Deck Plans and more at Travelocity

and photos here- Freedom of the Seas Tour Page 5
          You can take lots of tours on this site.
          You should find plenty of photos on Webshots also.

I think you will enjoy it, I love the place- have a Mojito for me.

Re the Flowrider- I enjoy watching it, but never been brave enough to get on. The surface is soft ( well padded) but when people wipe out they can get slammed against the back wall- knocks the breath out of you...:D

Comment

Re the Flowrider- I enjoy watching it, but never been brave enough to get on.
            The surface is soft (well padded) but when people wipe out
            they can get slammed against the back wall
            - knocks the breath out of you...:D
            I've heard stories of dislocated shoulders happening quite often
            when surfers wipe out from a standing position.

Of course it looks like you're falling off a wave into 4-5 ft. of cushy water, depth-wise
            but you're not!

Surfing it in the belly-board position is probably just as much fun, however
            and probably just 10% of the tumble when you wipe out.

Just be careful: you're not as young as you used to be!
            :D
            Cruise Ships - Profile Ticker

Comment

You called it a nightclub but it's a circular bar with seating around, over to the left is armchair lounge type seating and to the right of the bar is a dance floor, so it's not really a club with doors etc as such.
              Have a look at the deckplan for Freedom of the Seas here-
              Freedom of the Seas Deck Plans and more at Travelocity

and photos here- Freedom of the Seas Tour Page 5
              You can take lots of tours on this site.
              You should find plenty of photos on Webshots also.

I think you will enjoy it, I love the place- have a Mojito for me.

Re the Flowrider- I enjoy watching it, but never been brave enough to get on. The surface is soft ( well padded) but when people wipe out they can get slammed against the back wall- knocks the breath out of you...:D
              Thanks for reply but getting confused now. Is there latin music playing all night and do people get up and dance? Usually go on a specific salsa cruise each year in January but cant make it on the one arranged for 2011. We heard about this dance area on The freedom ships of Royal Carribbean and thought we would give them a go. Fancied a change from a complete salsa cruise but we must be able to dance salsa on board any cruise we take or may not be so interested.

Like to live dangerously so still fancy the flow rider !!!

Look forward to the mojitos although will have to be careful as got leggless in Mexico on 1 drink although the glass was the size of a goldfish bowl !!
              HAPPY DAYS.
              Jules

Comment

Yes, there is Latin music playing until very late and always dancers. I love watching Salsa but I know I could never be that graceful, it's a beautiful dance when done well. You will definitely be able to dance each night. Sorry to confuse you, but my point was just that it's not enclosed in a night club, if you look at the deck plans you will see it is the side area of the Centrum.
                Here is a video that shows part of it- this is identical to Freedom.
                YouTube - Liberty of the seas 3 (day1, 2 cruising)

Good luck on the Flowrider :D
                YouTube - Liberty of the Seas Flow Rider Wipeouts!

Comment

Hi

HI, i've been on Freedom and we spent everynight at the Boleros bar dancing salsa. Music was great. My (now ex- nothing to do with the cruise!)boyfriend and I dance salsa (he's latino) and we got up on the dancefloor alot! sometimes it was crowded though, but sometimes had it to ourselves. Is a great bar and if you want to dance salsa every night you can- as well as enjoying all the ship offers. We also climbed the wall- harder than it looks! great view from up there! but i was too scared to try Florider- but wished i did now, so go for it!!
                  Have fun. that was the best holiday ever- going to book another cruise for next year, hopefully with a latin bar.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                  best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                  agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                  X