• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Back to the 80s

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back to the 80s

Had been watching this cruise for ages, finally pulled the trigger last week and grabbed an access inside virtual balcony for a seriously good price.

This is the most full on cruise we have ever been on, people are in serious party mode staying up very late.

The schedule is packed, Monday sea day had 13 acts with headliners doing 1hr 30min sets.

This trip is on Navigator and they are using the theatre studioB and one lounge for the main acts with other at the bars.

Last night Sara Cox had the promenade packed for a dj session.
    This morning a Q&A with Mike Read and Tony Hadley very interesting.

Weather is rubbish unlike the UK.

Each act is performing 3 times and pax are allocated a performance to spread everyone out all acts are doing multiple performances so you get a chance to see everyone.

Tonight it is our turn to see Kim Wilde and reports are she has been outstanding.

Day 4 this be over too soon to we books Bravo on the 19th, great price booking on board.

Sounds very intense - Belinda Carlisle seems to be enjoying it from her Twitter feed

Comment

She was very good had forgotten a lot of her stuff.

Quite a few of the acts are hanging out around the ship.

There are a lot of options and the material is more than just 80s.
      Last edited by Topdeck, London; 9th May 2018, 03:04 PM.

Comment

hmmm might need to consider one of these for another year. We really love Belinda's music - she's fantastic live and her voice has improved with age

Comment

Story is the 80s and bravo were hard sell so they might not do them again for the UK.

AUS and USA music themed cruises sell well.

Was looking at a US one for next year sold out already.
          Last edited by Topdeck, London; 10th May 2018, 08:22 AM.

Comment

Yes we were watching on TV last week an advert for the Bravo one they'd basically taken the Aus TV advert and put it in to a UK cruising tv show on one of the shopping channels!

Comment

We seriously considered this cruise but the timing just didn’t suit us. 80’s best music ever 👍

Comment

I am delighted to hear that everyone seems to be enjoying this theme cruise with 80s music. We should have sailed on it ourselves but had to cancel with only hours before we set sail due to my wife loosing consusieness and having a fall so we spent all day Sunday in hospital. Thankfully after numerous tests she was given a clean bill of health and has made a full recovery. As they say every cloud has a silver lining so we have booked yesterday to sail on the Navigator for a fourteen night cruise from this Sunday and we have been upgraded to a balcony cabin. God bless the National health service and everybody at Bolton General Hospital.

Comment

Originally posted by 1fifthavenue, birmingham View Post
                  Yes we were watching on TV last week an advert for the Bravo one they'd basically taken the Aus TV advert and put it in to a UK cruising tv show on one of the shopping channels!
                  Even if you are not keen on the Bravo theme a week in a balcony on Celebrity for less than £100pppd inc grats is a bargain.

Comment

Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
                    Even if you are not keen on the Bravo theme a week in a balcony on Celebrity for less than £100pppd inc grats is a bargain.
                    Many of the acts appealed to me, although the disembark date is our wedding day so it was a no go!

Comment

You are making me really envious, Topdeck. Not sure I could take the pace but would have loved to give it a go. I had been thinking maybe next year but looks like I have missed the "boat".

I don't know how you have time to take any notice of the weather. OK, so you have missed summer and we are now back to normal!! Beryl

Comment

The port days(3) are a little slower and you don't have to stay up very late.

We are heading into Lisbon today 11:00 our main event starts at 19:00 before all aboard.
                        (can see the bridge now from deck 14)

Comment

Once the main acts finish they like the late crowd to hit deck 14 for the late night party, strictly over 18 policy with security checking sea pass if you look a bit young.
                          Promenade bars were still busy at 1am, previous trips winding down starts at 10pm

Tonight is dress up as your 80s icon night a few were out in costume at 5pm.

Last night a few did costumes Mario brothers were good.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                          best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                          agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                          X